• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amber44

HSC
no way on the bus tickets. could you really see the STA doing that. they're probably just lazy.

magazines always sell for RRP so I don't think so there either
I don't know, but I'll find out!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
They were planning to have a coffee shop in that part of the law building closest to eastern av.

Have these plans been realised?

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
got knocked back for all my exchange preferences...aw well.

But they have spots available at louisiana state uni, now what's that going to be like? :p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The student centre has moved into USYD Central. Not sure if the shops are up and running though.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My supervisor isn't even replying to any of my emails! I'm sure my topic isn't that scary.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
there are actually some pretty decent off-campus deals on the access card this year (mcdonalds stanmore, broadway cellars), so i'm tempted to buy one. probably won't end up doing it though, i have better things to spend my $99 on.

but a question to waf or anyone else who knows - are there going to be access discounts on bus tickets and magazines at the newsagencies this year? the 'excludes cigarettes, transport tickets and magazines' disclaimer isn't on the website, but i don't trust the access marketing people so it wouldn't surprise me if they accidentally on purpose forgot to put it in. traveltens and magazines are basically the only things i buy at uni so if i can get a discount on them it'd be awesome.
The margin the Union makes on those things is usually extremely narrow so offering an ACCESS discount on them would probably equate to making a loss, so no. Also there will be a cafe in the new law school, and the Fisher Coffee Cart is on its way back as well.

HSC
The margin the Union makes on those things is usually extremely narrow so offering an ACCESS discount on them would probably equate to making a loss, so no. Also there will be a cafe in the new law school, and the Fisher Coffee Cart is on its way back as well.
:music::santa::headbang::spzz::wave::jedi::burn:

ballin

Banned
HSC
hey does anyone know if we renew our 08 access cards, can we still get that discount deal + free copy of the sydney morning herald every day? or is that over?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
hey does anyone know if we renew our 08 access cards, can we still get that discount deal + free copy of the sydney morning herald every day? or is that over?
I don't think the smh offer is still active, but you do still get a showbag full of stuff. Discount deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)