• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
I like her :) And unlike a certain sociology lecturer we all know, she actually has articles published in journals, book chapters and even a monograph.

At the moment my project could be on:
-sociology of sport
-experiences of ageing in an ageing society
-emo subculture

but idk...

amber44

HSC
I like her :) And unlike a certain sociology lecturer we all know, she actually has articles published in journals, book chapters and even a monograph.

At the moment my project could be on:
-sociology of sport
-experiences of ageing in an ageing society
-emo subculture

but idk...
LOL, yes, those phantom papers we never could find.

amber44

HSC
I've got my confirmation of enrolment today and my fee went up b7 $36 compared to last semester. I'm still doing Arts subjects, why the increase?

Last year each unit cost $624, this year it's $650, is that allowed considering I'm a continuing student?

Last edited:

amber44

HSC
inflation?
I thought they weren't allowed to raise fees once you started your degree, otherwise they'd be free to raise their fees knowing they've got you locked in until you complete your degree.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I thought they weren't allowed to raise fees once you started your degree, otherwise they'd be free to raise their fees knowing they've got you locked in until you complete your degree.
Fees are indexed to CPI, always have been. Your HECS debt from last year if you have one will have increased by the same amount.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
So sick, so sick of being tired.
And oh so tired of being sick.

So obviously desperate, so desperatly obvious

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I regret to inform you that your application to represent the University of Sydney at the 3rd AC21 Student World Forum at Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany has been unsuccessful.

The calibre of submissions from other students was very high and the competition for one of the University of Sydney’s three allocated spaces was very rigorous. I can advise that your submission was ranked 4th out of the applications which means that should one of the selected nominees be unable to attend the Forum I would be pleased to nominate you. I will contact you by email should this situation occur.
:(:(:(:(

It's during the 2nd week of exams, so I really hope someone will pull out when they notice that. My exams are pretty easy to move around (assuming stats is in the first week).

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
:( 4th is the suckiest thing ever. Even worse than 3rd.
I wouldn't have complained about getting 4th place if 4 people were allowed to go :D

It was a mission to hand it in as it originally went to the wrong faculty and I had to enter using wireless internet on my phone as I was in a conference in Perth.

*crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)