• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
gay huyz,

Does anyone know of a 2000-level (plus) table A arts subject in semester two that runs with no prerequisites? The only one I've seen is Unit of study: GCST2610 - Intimacy, Love and Friendship - University of Sydney which looks just about the most homosexual unit the university offers. Already doing Critical Thinking from Philosophy.

Any ideas? Prefer easy over interesting but not linguistics or anything.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
I'd be sexist as fuck and possibly pretend I was a Muslim

"Actually, the Qur'an says this..."

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Have you done a junior unit in either govt, hsty, sclg or laws? 'Cause you could do PACS2002. Looks interesting enough
Ok, that does look pretty interesting.

But I'd only have done 6CPs of ECOP/PHIL so I couldn't do it.

Could they waive the pre-reqs?

HSC
gay huyz,

Does anyone know of a 2000-level (plus) table A arts subject in semester two that runs with no prerequisites? The only one I've seen is Unit of study: GCST2610 - Intimacy, Love and Friendship - University of Sydney which looks just about the most homosexual unit the university offers. Already doing Critical Thinking from Philosophy.

PHIL2647 Philosophy og Happiness has "12 Junior Credit Points" as its prequisite - I'm not sure if they mean 12 credit points from the arts faculty, or whether any faculty is fine.

Also, it's often not too difficult to get special consideration for arts subjects that you'd like to enrol in.

nick1689

HSC
Ok, that does look pretty interesting.

But I'd only have done 6CPs of ECOP/PHIL so I couldn't do it.

Could they waive the pre-reqs?
Maybe, youd just have to ask i guess. I know Im doin this unit, it looks awesome (and i can crosslist it for my hsty major)

I did FUDGPACS1001 - was pretty good. A bit hard, though. But in the end, quite pleasurable
Yeh, thats actually the advanced stream, its to bad im not much of a FUDGPACS (does sound pleasurabale though)

amber44

HSC
Question, if you're employed as a casual do you get a certificate of seperation from work when you leave?

spence

HSC
gay huyz,

CLSS2603 Greek and Roman Literature - Epic looks good, and Paul Roche is an excellent lecturer. I'm considering doing it and cross listing to an ANHS major. Prereqs are 18 junior creidt points
Prereqs for senior Asian Studies units are "12 credit points from junior level Asian Studies, or other subject areas listed in Table A in the Faculty of Arts Handbook"

Last edited:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
jb_nc said:
gay huyz,

You know, GCST2610 isn't even that bad. The lecturer who does the course is like, 30 years old and the nicest boy ever. Quite a number of pretty blondes doing it as well. At least there was when I did it last semester. It's not that hard since the lecturer pretty much explains all the close readings you're suppose to do in his lectures.

But hey, too faggy for you right?

P.S. Hello! Have I missed anything awesome? :D

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
gay huyz,

How did you find Critical Thinking?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Hey cupcakes, is it possible for the timetabling unit on MyUni to be wrong? I'm getting conflicting times for one of my classes. Plus, since this particular class clashes with another class time I'm really keen on finding out the lecture times in case I need to make any changes to my timetable.

Alternatively, recommend a good 2000 level S1 history class.

nick1689

HSC
Well, it seems that Ive got 3 lectures that clash at the moment... Are the times that are up in the timetable system final, or draft?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Draft.

Most of it will stay the same, but some things will change because of enrolment variations.

nick1689

HSC
Draft.

Most of it will stay the same, but some things will change because of enrolment variations.
Ohk, thats kind of a relief, hopefully theyll change. But is three lecture clashes common? I thought it wasnt.. And this is for two govt units and a hsty unit

nick1689

HSC
Heh, hopefully itll change... But if it doesnt atleast ill have only two days a week at uni :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)