• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
According to the timetable unit page, i could have almost 2 days off (1 lecture on tues, everything else wed to fri). Then again, i'm only doing 1 engineering subject this semester.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Draft.

Most of it will stay the same, but some things will change because of enrolment variations.
What if the timetabling unit isn't consistent with the times outlined on the department's website? How do I know which one is right, or do I have to wait until timetables come out officially? (What a hassle if so!)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
What if the timetabling unit isn't consistent with the times outlined on the department's website? How do I know which one is right, or do I have to wait until timetables come out officially? (What a hassle if so!)
Um, maybe the department wanted to run it at that time but made a mistake in submitting to the timetable unit?

Anyway, I'd trust the timetable unit over the School's website.

imyh

HSC
"The timetable server is currently not responding to requests. The timetable server is only available between the hours of 10:00am - 10:00pm from the first day of O-Week (Wednesday) - April and from July - September.

Timetables may also be collected at the Student Centre between 10:00am and 4:00pm during Orientation Week (Wednesday to Friday), and during the first week of semester. "

tsk. when is o-week?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
"The timetable server is currently not responding to requests. The timetable server is only available between the hours of 10:00am - 10:00pm from the first day of O-Week (Wednesday) - April and from July - September.

Timetables may also be collected at the Student Centre between 10:00am and 4:00pm during Orientation Week (Wednesday to Friday), and during the first week of semester. "

tsk. when is o-week?
usyd.edu.au

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oweek is 25-27 Feb, but timetables are usually out on the weekend before.

nick1689

HSC
So what are the chances of the current timetable draft to change?

(And shit, Nadal beat Federer..)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Enrolment variations will be back in mid-feb.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hey cupcakes, is it possible for the timetabling unit on MyUni to be wrong? I'm getting conflicting times for one of my classes. Plus, since this particular class clashes with another class time I'm really keen on finding out the lecture times in case I need to make any changes to my timetable.

Alternatively, recommend a good 2000 level S1 history class.
Hey how's Ashton?

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
withoutaface has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Boo. Poor form WAF! Delete some PMs will you? :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So what are the chances of the current timetable draft to change?

(And shit, Nadal beat Federer..)
100% chance some things will change. Whether such changes would be relevant to you is another matter. Most of the changes will be new or cancelled tutorials.

nick1689

HSC
100% chance some things will change. Whether such changes would be relevant to you is another matter. Most of the changes will be new or cancelled tutorials.
Lame. So what usually happens when you have 3 unavoidable clashes? Hopefully the lectures will be recorded or something...

nick1689

HSC
it means you need to change your subjects.
Heh, there's no others I really wanna do this sem.. I guess ill end up having to change hsty arab israeli conflict to free everything up..

Hopefully ill score lucky and the times will change

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Or skip lectures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)