• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Summer '08-09 Chatter Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Fuck. Offered BE/BA instead of BE/BSc. What am I going to do now?

Can you major in History and Philosophy of Science in Arts? V important if anyone knows (Triangulum if you still post..!)

Last edited:
HSC

Can you major in History and Philosophy of Science in Arts? V important if anyone knows (Triangulum if you still post..!)

Yes.

If there is enough room to do a double major in a combined arts degree that is. How many senior arts subjects are you meant to do?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Yes.

If there is enough room to do a double major in a combined arts degree that is. How many senior arts subjects are you meant to do?
I don't think there is enough room... I could only single major, I think.

I can't check how many arts subjects I meant to do because usyd.edu.au isn't working for me atm (wtf?)

On the science page it says:

How do you study history and philosophy of science?

You can major in history and philosophy of science in the Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science (Advanced), Bachelor of Science and Technology, and Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts degrees in the Faculty of Science, or in the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree in the Faculty of Arts. Units of study may also be taken individually, as long as prerequisites are fulfilled.
I guess that means BE/BA isn't included then. :(

Guess I'll have to do normal philosophy and prey on the

Last edited:

amber44

HSC

Accept it, do your first year subjects, and transfer next year, simple.

ledzeppelin

HSC
thanks stazi :) (if that was aimed at me)
how do i withdraw from my current course and transfer credit over?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Did you screw up your application jb_nc, or did you not get the BSc offer thingo?
I didn't screw up my application (Sci/Eng was one, Arts/Eng was two). I didn't get the offer; guess my NRSL wasn't high enough... Even though BE/BS was only .5 higher. Fucking cunt.

Currently tossing up whether a degree in philosophy is worth an extra semester at university studying 1000 level Arts subjects (lol). Opinions?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Yeah... hopefully. It had vacancies at it's UAI cut-off.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I'll get an access card IF the coffee cart outside fisher is back this year.
there are actually some pretty decent off-campus deals on the access card this year (mcdonalds stanmore, broadway cellars), so i'm tempted to buy one. probably won't end up doing it though, i have better things to spend my $99 on.

but a question to waf or anyone else who knows - are there going to be access discounts on bus tickets and magazines at the newsagencies this year? the 'excludes cigarettes, transport tickets and magazines' disclaimer isn't on the website, but i don't trust the access marketing people so it wouldn't surprise me if they accidentally on purpose forgot to put it in. traveltens and magazines are basically the only things i buy at uni so if i can get a discount on them it'd be awesome.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
there are actually some pretty decent off-campus deals on the access card this year (mcdonalds stanmore, broadway cellars), so i'm tempted to buy one. probably won't end up doing it though, i have better things to spend my $99 on.

but a question to waf or anyone else who knows - are there going to be access discounts on bus tickets and magazines at the newsagencies this year? the 'excludes cigarettes, transport tickets and magazines' disclaimer isn't on the website, but i don't trust the access marketing people so it wouldn't surprise me if they accidentally on purpose forgot to put it in. traveltens and magazines are basically the only things i buy at uni so if i can get a discount on them it'd be awesome.
no way on the bus tickets. could you really see the STA doing that. they're probably just lazy.

magazines always sell for RRP so I don't think so there either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)