Super Smart Students (1 Viewer)

astroe

HSC
I don't really go out much or hang out with my friends from school alot.
Any time I go outside the house is for tutor it seems, which is like 6 hours a week.
I reckon I probably talk to tutor friends more.

I'm pretty sociable, nice and approachable at school, and I get involved with some things (being Vice for example). I guess it just doesn't translate outside school. :haha:
As much as I'm aiming for 99, I've been able to truthfully tell myself that I'm not going to get it - being realistic here. I want to do well and whatnot, but I guess it can't be helped.

I know I can study harder than the level I am at the moment but I guess it's just my inability of self control which has brought me to where I am.
I rarely go to parties, don't drink, don't smoke, no girlfriend either. It's not that I choose to be reclusive, just more that I'm not interested in anything. I don't play an instrument, I don't play sports, I don't do much at all.

I guess this explains why I'm on here - to pass the time, haha.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I don't get why you can't do both. You assumed that if you do one thing, you can't do the other.

Scinery

HSC
i dunno about other schools but at mine the most "super smart" students have MASSIVE social/extra curricular lives. A couple among the top 20 smoke/drink/pot regularly lol and definitely not virgins.

Its not the case for the majority of "super smart" students obviously....but these rebellious ones have steady competition with those who actually have NO lives part from study. you need happiness and exercise to maintain balance during HSC and No friends = no happiness not that i would know LOL :uhoh:

shady145

Banned
HSC
I don't get why you can't do both. You assumed that if you do one thing, you can't do the other.
you can do both... im just slowing down on the leisure until hsc is over.

chris1515

HSC
The main point here i guess is does everyone enjoy what they do. I enjoy going out with friends, drinking, trying drugs at the expense of not getting an ATAR above 92 ish. But i enjoy it and wouoldn't want it any other way. If you enjoying learning at the expense of social time then so be it.

thetai903

HSC
man, we pride ourselves on having 'lives'.

Nothing to be proud of. I personally think the phrase "Get a life!" is for people who are jealous of people who are trying harder than themselves. But since you bracketted "lives", I assume you imply something sarcastic.
Ps: People who have no life can pick up Biology - the study of life.:haha:

hairspray

HSC
I have friends who are super smart. The guy studies at CRAZY hours of the day, he has the craziest social schedule ever! He goes to school, goes out after school and comes home to study at 1am... then goes to school the next day like he hasnt been up all night. The girl studies heaps but she has a social life as well. Both these friends have the ability to study at crazy times... its like they have super human powers where there bodies never switch off.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also research shows that the majority of cocaine users are in their 20's and 30's and are mostly successful businessman
Probably because they're the only ones that can afford it. :D

RuffWoof

HSC
Nothing to be proud of. I personally think the phrase "Get a life!" is for people who are jealous of people who are trying harder than themselves. But since you bracketted "lives", I assume you imply something sarcastic.
Ps: People who have no life can pick up Biology - the study of life.:haha:
I was implying that, kind of

Scinery

HSC
I dont think its fair to mock those who don't care about ATAR *that much*, nor is it fair to mock those who consider ATAR = life

Some people value a successful career through a good education, and some simply may want to work in businesses, artists or tradies....some just want sex and nightlife. Everyone can get paid enough to survive in the end as long as they enjoy their job.

let them be...

Top Secret

HSC
I dont think its fair to mock those who don't care about ATAR *that much*, nor is it fair to mock those who consider ATAR = life

Some people value a successful career through a good education, and some simply may want to work in businesses, artists or tradies....some just want sex and nightlife. Everyone can get paid enough to survive in the end as long as they enjoy their job.

let them be...
Agreed.

Definition of success: An event that accomplishes its intended purpose.

This is a very open definition. For people, as you have rightfully stated, this could mean "good education" or "sex and nightlife". It's more about personal fulfilment IMO.

HSC
ummm, since when did super smart = 99 atar?? there's a big difference between being able to learn things off by heart and having the ability to create ideas and understand complex issues...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty shit game.
It's a game that is only won by one's perception. At the moment, I have the best balance between managing my studies, spending quality time with friends and other commitments :)

At the moment, I am winning ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)