Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

crazathiest

HSC
I'm doing Peter Skryzneki for my prescribed 'area of study' physical journey. I've decided to choose:

Hotel California - The Eagles
TransAmerica
Power of One - Bryce Courtenay

As my 3 related texts relating to physical journey and skryzneki. Do you think they're good choices and does anyone have notes on any of the 3 above texts?

ashlii18

HSC
ur focus area is Journey. We are studying huck finn at the moment and need to find three related texts for it and physical journey. They all need to be different like a movie, poem and song etc. Does anybody have any ideas???

shayla

HSC
Is the big list of the ones that without wings posted still valied for use for this year`s Physical Journey study ?

xVAMPiRE~GiRLx

HSC
you could use the movie "Eurotrip" cuz its about a journey with kinky, crazy and funny challenges, events and obstacles!!!!!
ba ha ha i like that movie

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Can anyone think of a good related to use in my speech..... i'm doing physical journeys and my prescribed is the imiigrant schronicles by skrzynecki

floe

HSC
mannn i need a related text to link it with the short story araby can any 1 help me plz

frannycesca23

HSC
im doing peter skrzynecki poems as my prescribed text does anyone have any suggestions for a related text which is a short story or a picture book that can relate to his poems?

thanks

shantel1090

HSC
Hey guys, i was wondering does anybody no a song that relates to the play away?
Thanks

CaitlinA

HSC
Arghhh!! Going crazy!! Read basically every post on this thread... Hardly anyone is doing Huck Finn. I'm looking for two text which "link" with it. Any suggestions? I've read everything and i'm looking at:

Almost Famous - Both protogonists go on physical and inner journeys and are both young pubescent boys going throught that phase of discovering what you want in life.

But still in need of another text! I want to do something not so popular so i can pull some stuff out of no where, and they can't contradict me, haha. I was thinking about The Road Not Taken, but it's too common!!

I had my own thread, but no one replied, lol.

HELP.

krystalrenee

HSC
Wow that list was a great help and i am an english teacher so I really appreciate it

krystalrenee

HSC
Hey just trying to think of texts for you...you either need texts that link in through the idea of pubecent boys or you need a text that relates to the deep south of America where the book, Huck finn was set. so my sugestions are:
Forest Gump: only pick 1 part of the movie though, the whole thing is to big.
Or use an episode of the simpsons that bart features in. make sure it is an episode where him and his mates go on a journey (the boy scouts one where they are lost comes to mind. Try that!

CaitlinA

HSC
That's an idea.. I shall look in to it! Thanks..

But i was also thinking of a song.. Richard Ashcrofts Break the Night With Colour keeps popping up in my mind. And i was wondering if i could use an instrumental piece?

piletina

HSC
What do you think about the movie "3.10 To Yuma".

Does anybody know where i could get an analysis of the movie as a related text for physical journey?

Last edited:

crazathiest

HSC
Does anyone know a good visual(cartoon, painting, etc) to link with Skryzneki's poems? Also, does anyone know how I can link Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin to Skryzneki's poems?

Finally, should I choose a movie or a feature article for my final text?

Kaz.B

HSC
i was told by my teacher to do sumthing recent in terms of self selected text for physical journeys....does any1 noe any recent movies...and when i say recent i mean bout 2006-2007? i'm not 2 picky so anything is gud (wat does dat say bout me...lol)
tanx heaps

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
crazathiest said:
Does anyone know a good visual(cartoon, painting, etc) to link with Skryzneki's poems? Also, does anyone know how I can link Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin to Skryzneki's poems?

Finally, should I choose a movie or a feature article for my final text?
Check at your library.. most of them have some really good books in the non-fiction section with cartoons, etc.
One that springs to mind is Michael Leunig's "The Travelling Leunig".
Otherwise, there are some GREAT photos by the renowned photographer David Moore. I quickly googled them, and they're hosted online at the state library of NSW.. (http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/100photographs/069.cfm)

For Led Zep's song, you could link it through the shared context/shared theme of immigration.. in terms of techniques the use of chorus ("We come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.") is repetition.. there's alliteration in the line "rebuild all your ruins," and there's internal rhyme over the two lines, "Can whisper tales of gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war." But if I were you I'd stay away from using it because Skrzynecki's works are poems and song lyrics are considered to be the same thing as poems, so you'd get marked down.

For your final text, you should definitely choose a feature article. If you're already looking for a visual (cartoon, painting, etc.) you shouldn't choose a movie coz it's also considered a visual.. unless you use a transcript of the movie (and state that it is a transcript). {edit: If you're using a feature article make sure it's been published recently.}

Hope this helps. And I hope you realise the 'e' comes before the 'i' in atheist..
Good luck!

sven90

HSC
Hi. I'm using "The Lord Of Then Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring" movie as a related text to my Peter Skrzynecki poems. I'm doing physical journey and have to make a 3-5 min speech on it, I'm not too sure which of Skrynecki's "Immigrant's Chronicle" poem I should use. I was thinking of using "Immigrants at Central Station" and "Migrant Hostel".

Laura.Ashley

HSC
TheBirdMustFly said:
I'm doing

- 'The wind in the willows' from the stim booklet,

- 'Asylum - voices from behind the razor wire' only one chapter about some iranian refugees travelling by boat, it has some really strong links to 'Crossing the red sea, and then later with migrant hostel when the book talks about being in the detention centre.

- 'ilse's story' short story on ilse's journey from austria as a jewish migrant, very strong links

- ' the scientist' a video clip by the band coldplay, links to skrzynecki's fleeing from terror.
Thebirdmustfly...
im doing physical journeys this year and i was wondering where abouts you got Ilse's story from becuase i think that wuld b a really good one to do but i cant find it anywhere!!

Green Lantern

HSC
Can someone give me some advice on a song that's supplementary to physical journey, not the ones from the list couple pages back, as many of the people at my school are doing them and i want to stand out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)