Surfers...Whats your favourite wave (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
just wondering boys and girls, whats your favourite wave in the world (you have to have surfed it!)

ill say shark island (minus the crowds)
aussie pipe
the cobra (haha i know where it is!!!)
dangers
redsands
port kembla reef

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
haha
port kembla
only ever surfed it three times and every time it was 6 to 8 ft and absolutely cracking... perfect beach barrels

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
every single time i have driven past port beach its flat. or messy.
always looks shit as.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
every single time i have driven past port beach its flat. or messy.
always looks shit as.
haha yeh i hear it gts like that... only time i have surfed it we have checked the e maps and then head up to redsands... stopped there on the way back...
its a fat take off into a heavy beach barrel that pinches... great invert sections

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
ok im gonna go from north to south:
uluwatu
bingin
chaang'u
airport right/left

in aus
noosa
snapper/greenmount/currumbin/kirra
d'bah
the pass
angourie
scotts head
crescent head
north haven
newy harbour
norah point
north narra
eloura
cronulla point (still havent surfed island)
the farm

that's places where ive had really good surf, plus you can add in the whole newcastle metropolitan area. in fact pretty much the whole stretch from newy to the cenny coast

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
um.. said:
that's places where ive had really good surf, plus you can add in the whole newcastle metropolitan area. in fact pretty much the whole stretch from newy to the cenny coast
the zone?

love that wave... hell scary though

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
um.. said:
nah ive never surfed it. looks way heavy
not for the faint hearted... i claim its heavier than island... holds more swell though... but its not as long... that place is owned by the rat pack, hardy, kingy, winny and the waldron bros crew

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Newcastle Harbour
Merewether- The Rocks
Greenmount
Snapper Rocks (even though it’s always crowded)
Scott’s Head
South West Rocks- Back Beach
Byron Bay- Tallows and Clarke’s

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
um.. said:
been there. fucking mad place.

i have surfed at the coal loader as well. and i have surfed most of the reefs along blacks beach in shellharbour
mmm_sofay u probably know the names of the little reefs better than me

my cousin lived on blacks beach and his grandparents live there now. it's the best house in the fucking world

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
not for the faint hearted... i claim its heavier than island... holds more swell though... but its not as long... that place is owned by the rat pack, hardy, kingy, winny and the waldron bros crew
moon island up here would be close as well. i have some pictures floating around somewhere of it

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
bowman said:
been there. fucking mad place.

i have surfed at the coal loader as well. and i have surfed most of the reefs along blacks beach in shellharbour
mmm_sofay u probably know the names of the little reefs better than me

my cousin lived on blacks beach and his grandparents live there now. it's the best house in the fucking world
did u rip into that southerly swell we had yesterday... it was really weird. me and a friend went reef hunting around bulli, and everywhere was small, windy and messy... two ft tops...
then we went toi south bulli (near that break wall or slsc) im not sure what its called i only just moved there... anyways the place was a solid four ft with 5ft sets... it was insane because two hundred metres down the beach it was a tidy ft and a half...
that place must be a swell magnet because ive never seen anything like it...
funnily enough i copped an all time flogging when atempting an invert off the closeout section... board slipped out and i free fell on a 5ft one... rashie over the head and then another set wave... felt like i was drowning...

we are supposed to get some clean easterly swell in a weeks time

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
nah i dont live down that way. but my cousins does. and whenever i go down we go out for a surf. he is the sickest Body Boarder. he just charges everything

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
um.. said:
moon island up here would be close as well. i have some pictures floating around somewhere of it
never heard of it... how does it break and where is it generally... i dont expect u to give up your spots...

has anyone ever heard of the cobra? it was in riptide... dont believe harry dixon when he said its a twelve hour mission... haha its so easy to get to and its not even really called the cobra... so many people were angry when that wave was exposed... the thurstons lost some major credibility... not from me though i dont give a shit. a wave that heavy will never get crowded

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
bowman said:
nah i dont live down that way. but my cousins does. and whenever i go down we go out for a surf. he is the sickest Body Boarder. he just charges everything
gotta love chargers... but anyone can be a charger... i admire calculated surfers with mad style who can do whatever move they want on any section... guys like damian king and hardy

HSC
granite bay in noosa .. it's a bit of a bitch to get to, but SO worth it. it's not usually crowded on weekdays, and it's just awesome. it's never huge, but it just peels perfectly every fucking wave. i miss it.

edit; actually wait, i think the actual wave i'm thinking about is tea tree, which is just next to granite. they're both good though.

Last edited:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
katietheskatie said:
granite bay in noosa .. it's a bit of a bitch to get to, but SO worth it. it's not usually crowded on weekdays, and it's just awesome. it's never huge, but it just peels perfectly every fucking wave. i miss it.
im a fan of places that are perfect or least good when it gets big... places like cronulla point that never max out...

HSC
i think bigger size doesn't necessarily mean its a better wave .. like sometimes the waves here get to be fairly big (well moreso than most of the ones on the sunny coast), but they just close out after a few seconds so they're pretty useless.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i think bigger size doesn't necessarily mean its a better wave .. like sometimes the waves here get to be fairly big (well moreso than most of the ones on the sunny coast), but they just close out after a few seconds so they're pretty useless.
yeh your right... its just a preference... id rather surf bigger waves of consequence that are slightly warped just for speed than smaller cleaner waves... but thats not to say that i dont love perfect waves...
its a matter of finding perfect big waves... so hard to do : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)