Surfers...Whats your favourite wave (1 Viewer)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
hahah, that's what i was thinking. but if it WAS six feet, then i'm pretty jealous. didn't they put some thing near duranbah that pumps the sand back out or something? apparently its improving it a lot, but eh ..
it was three foot at best in newcastle, i hardly doubt narrabeen was 6. and yeah the tweed river dredging is whats making the banks from snapper to kirra really good

Arvin Sloane said:
I hear surfer have sandy vaginas?
i hear the nordic have a poor grasp of plurals?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
nah seriously, it was fairly big out there, that when the sets came in tho,
it was great surf. but when the big ones came they just close out. not fun

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
what does this have to do with surfing?

anyways yeh duranbah is good but its super overrated... can close out and get all messy but if you score it perfect..... the only thing is the crowds... its tough to get a wave because it is dominated by people like the omerods, crawley, lackey the coolie kids etc

HSC
TurboTom said:
what does this have to do with surfing?

anyways yeh duranbah is good but its super overrated... can close out and get all messy but if you score it perfect..... the only thing is the crowds... its tough to get a wave because it is dominated by people like the omerods, crawley, lackey the coolie kids etc
at least its not over-run by idiots who think they're the coolest people ever because they know damian king, and therefore everyone should respect them or something. freaking bodyboarders ..god i hate port macquarie.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
katietheskatie said:
at least its not over-run by idiots who think they're the coolest people ever because they know damian king, and therefore everyone should respect them or something. freaking bodyboarders ..god i hate port macquarie.
haha yeh i know what you mean. being a bodyboarder myself i get the shits when i see that happen because it gives bodyboarders a bad name... bodyboarders are the worst groupies in the world an unfortunatly the majority of bodyboarders are kooks and waffles anyway... and yeh port is definatly overrun by kooks and glory hunters...

ill always admit that bodyboarding is easier to learn, but difficult to get good at. but dropknee is harder than any "discipline"

but thats not to say that the same thing doesnt go on with stand-ups...
epecially and stand up who has done a season in hawaii... fuck i hate glory pigs

HSC
yeah, some of the stories in surf magazines about the guys over there just makes me never want to surf there, ever.

not that bodyboarders are completely bad .. you need some speedbumps! hahah no, just kidding. especially some of the younger kids and teenagers are alright, but some of the older guys just think they're tops and it's annoying as hell.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
katietheskatie said:
yeah, some of the stories in surf magazines about the guys over there just makes me never want to surf there, ever.

not that bodyboarders are completely bad .. you need some speedbumps! hahah no, just kidding. especially some of the younger kids and teenagers are alright, but some of the older guys just think they're tops and it's annoying as hell.
agreed. nothing worse than old snakes...
funnily enough i was out for the arvo session at fairy meadow and this old local paddled out and said "anyone riding a board bigger than a 6*6 or a bodyboard has to go in" i told him to fuck off. and he didnt like it....

thats another topic all together. i think locals should always get preference on waves they want but not if they are constantly shoulder hopping and the respect should definatly be returned as long as you arnt an arrogant blow in

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
TurboTom said:
thats another topic all together. i think locals should always get preference on waves they want but not if they are constantly shoulder hopping and the respect should definatly be returned as long as you arnt an arrogant blow in
thats pretty much how the hierarchy at every non-famous break in australia works.
re: dropknee being the hardest discipline, that is not true. think about it, it's surfing on one knee. i dont get involved in the whole surfing v bodyboarding thing, but to say that dk is the hardest is just silly. it shits me so much, ive seen so many good waves blown by kids fucking up trying to get up dk.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
my best wave ever was probably at north haven, long tube on my bodyboard, that was so sweet :p
next best waves caught at byron bay ...
honourable mentions go to curl curl and north narrabeen ...

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
how good is north narra.
i swear the sets last weekend were huge.
and it was close to shore, so they were fairly dumpy, which made them difficult to ride

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
um.. said:
thats pretty much how the hierarchy at every non-famous break in australia works.
re: dropknee being the hardest discipline, that is not true. think about it, it's surfing on one knee. i dont get involved in the whole surfing v bodyboarding thing, but to say that dk is the hardest is just silly. it shits me so much, ive seen so many good waves blown by kids fucking up trying to get up dk.
hmmm i disagree... have you ever tried it? your putting all your weight on a smaller board that doesnt go as quick... i stand up surf on fat days at home and i predominantly bodyboard... i learnt both dk and standup at the same time and i found dk to be the hardest to learn... but yes i agree its annoying to see good waves blown by dk waffles

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
but then again i have seen a lot more waves blown by learning standup long board waffles...

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
no showy i riden pipe and sunset...dead set last last oct...fuckin amazing

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
cappen said:
no showy i riden pipe and sunset...dead set last last oct...fuckin amazing
ID LOVE TO GO TO HAWAII! ive had several offers, but crowds piss me off, and i reckon there are so many better waves than in hawaii...
im off to bali in spetember... should be hitting up Ulu's and all those waves, and im planning a trip to Peurto in mexico early next year followed up by a trip to either tahiti or new caledonia late next year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)