• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (2 Viewers)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
omg yay the swans won...congrats to them...they are so gonna kick butt in the finalz...hehe...who we versing??

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
frog12986 said:
Once again though on a more sour note Sydney were up against 25 men, with some atrocious umpiring decisions assisting the saints in builduing ascendency and putting points on the board...When will they learn to at least show some degree of consistency...
Thankyou for recognising this, buddy.

Seriously, it's so hard to watch as Sydney continually cop the rough end of the stick from umpires. It's crazy, especially when you consider that it's in the AFL's best interests for Sydney to win a flag to raise interest in the market here.

Last night was such a joke that it even became funny in stages. I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched some of the umpiring decisions, and I'll go as far as saying that in some instances, it looked like blatant cheating.

How desperate can the AFL possibly be to get a Victorian side into the Grand Final?!?

It's a disgrace.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
tasha1188 said:
omg yay the swans won...congrats to them...they are so gonna kick butt in the finalz...hehe...who we versing??
Why do you go for the swans if you don't watch any of the games, don't know who plays who, can't use the internet to find out fixtures etc etc.

Looks like swans will be versing WC (barring a miracle). We have a good chance of winning this.

mcbec

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
The most disappointing thing is the best two teams wont be competing in the GF.

n.b. Too bad Hall wont play. Too bad.
for one, the two best teams ARE competing in the Grandfinal!!! I think both West Coast and Sydney deserved to get there just as much, if not more, than any of the other teams. West Coast played well all year and only had a stumble towards their last few weeks. Sydney also played very well this year, and i think they have both proved to be the best 2 teams for the premiership this yr!!

and as for Hall, i couldnt care less whether he played in the Grand-final or not! in fact, i think they mite even play better without him!!! He's absolutely sucked in the last few games... he managed to scrape a bit of the ball and kick some goals against St Kilda, but i honestly think that this yr, the only thing theyre gonna miss is his pretty good kicking ability. But, in my opinion, Sydney have got some good enough forwards anyhow to replace him... im sure they'll do fine without him!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hall acts as inspiration. He could sit on the sideline drinking a cup of tea but the Swans will play better with him there, still

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Thankyou for recognising this, buddy.

Seriously, it's so hard to watch as Sydney continually cop the rough end of the stick from umpires. It's crazy, especially when you consider that it's in the AFL's best interests for Sydney to win a flag to raise interest in the market here.

Last night was such a joke that it even became funny in stages. I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched some of the umpiring decisions, and I'll go as far as saying that in some instances, it looked like blatant cheating.

How desperate can the AFL possibly be to get a Victorian side into the Grand Final?!?

It's a disgrace.
The umpires are not cheats at all!!

The swans copped some bad calls, but thats all part of footy, its what makes the game good. Don't just look at the free-kick count and whinge that they got more, because most were heralded. There were many times during the year where the swans got it sweet, especially at the scg.
If the afl wanted a vic team in the gf, one would be there, i can assure you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
The umpires are not cheats at all!!

The swans copped some bad calls, but thats all part of footy, its what makes the game good. Don't just look at the free-kick count and whinge that they got more, because most were heralded. There were many times during the year where the swans got it sweet, especially at the scg.
If the afl wanted a vic team in the gf, one would be there, i can assure you.
You can't say that the ref wasn't bias. There were so many times when the ball was thrown on purpose over the sideline but no free kicks were given. So many crappy calls it was bullshit.
Sure, the swans had a lot of calls go their way at the scg in 2/3 matches. But i'm willing to admit this.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
stazi said:
You can't say that the ref wasn't bias. There were so many times when the ball was thrown on purpose over the sideline but no free kicks were given. So many crappy calls it was bullshit.
Sure, the swans had a lot of calls go their way at the scg in 2/3 matches. But i'm willing to admit this.
'biased.'

They won, just get over it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Swans will need Hall next saturday, its as simple as that.
Looks as if Matera will be back for West Coast, so they'll be basically full strength.

Swans have a very good chance against West Coast if the game is played similar to 3 weeks ago..Swans matched West Coast all game and that was at Subiaco...MCG, neutral ground, some say west coast don't play as well at MCG..but who knows. If Cousins and Judd play well, O'Keefe and co have to return fire.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
all the fuckas south of the border want him out of it...i want Sydney to win it (with or without Barry Hall), just to show em up...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Sydney need Hall. The more the media hype up the hearing the more it's going to hurt Bazza.

I hope he gets off, but I don't like his chances. From want I heard the tribunal have only got one camera angle to go by.

Why dont they get Macguire to come out and tell everyone that the punch was nothing from Hall.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Why dont they get Macguire to come out and tell everyone that the punch was nothing from Hall.
Because it wasn't. Hall is an amateur boxer and maguire (a tough man himself) was vomiting afterwards.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lookz like Smokey must eat another pie again, Hall iz cleared and free to play on Sat.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!! :D :D Great early birthday present for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)