• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sydney Swans 2005 AFL Premiers! (2 Viewers)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Tulipa said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG

I WANT TO HAVE SCHNEIDERS BABIES... WAIT. ... no O'Keefes.... wait no Schneiders... wait no...

hmm I LOVE THEM BOTH. oh and O'Loughlin shits me, i spent most of the game yelling at him TO HOLD ONTO THE MOTHERFUCKIN BALL!
hahah u crack me up for a yank

vwola

HSC
lol from the camera angle shown....looked like that fag mcguire faked it.
seemed as though hall hit the dudes arm, not the stomach.

but wishful thinking could change the way you see things...so we'll havta wait and see

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
The tribunal can only ban on when they seriously think he did it. With the angles and the act McGuire pulled, I think Sydney may have their captain.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Wherez that Smokey kunt, he must be eatin hiz fat pie right now.

I suppose he'll come on and say we'll get owned by West Coast or Adelaide some time soon.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
wooooooooooooooooo
hoooooooooooooooooo........
GO THE SWANNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Also, does anyone else hate O'Laughlin now? He's been talking himself up the whole week then he played shit tonight.
LOL! Do you seriously have that limited an understanding of the reason behind it?!?

Hall had been playing crap all Finals. There was going to be pressure on him. Instead, Magic comes out and says how it will all be up to him, taking the pressure OFF our most important forward.

In the end, it worked a treat.

Come on, think about what you're saying before you say it!

AND GO SWANNIES!

Smokey_22, I was with you in thinking that the Swans were going to lose (even though I was supporting our boys), but I did at least say that our team is better than St Kilda's can ever hope to be. Robert Walls said the same thing near the end of the match.

Are you going to deny us yet again?

Probably, because Adelaide are a class side.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, unfortunatelly against adelaide we don't stand much chance. *crosses fingers for 10 crows injuries/suspensions*

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Not much chance against the Crowz...? Thatz just plain wrong...

True that we're not the flashiest of teamz in the comp, but we've certainly showed that we can match it wit the very very best. I'll be rootin fo the Eaglez however, cauz we would have a better chance of winnin. But whoever it iz, we'll fight it out fo the title.

mcbec

HSC
i agree. and who says that the eagles wont win tomorow? its never final till the hooter goes - Sydney have shown that it can be anyones game, tonite and last week. Sydney are a very good team, and i think regardless of whether they vs adelaide in the GF or not, they will definately put up a good fight and have a good a chance as any at winning the flag!!!

mcbec

HSC
i would also like to say a big

HA-HA MELBOURNE SUPPORTERS

the melbourne teams couldnt even win at their own game!!! WHO ARE THE TOP 3 TEAMS FOR 2005?!

NOT MELBOURNE!! LMAO

Sydney, West Coast & Adelaide!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA i just thought that was pretty ironic :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
England invented many many sportz and they get beaten in just about every one of em. Hardly ironic in the modern world of sport.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Smokey_22 said:
Playing a good team in the finals is purely different. You'll see that come friday. Hall wont have a big impact because Paul Roos knows his team hasn't got the strength of st kilda and will flood - meaning the ball won't come to Hall quick enough. Too many swans around the ruck = too many stoppages = Dal Santo, Ball, Harvey, Hayes, Reiwoldt, Milne etc will eat them alive.

BTW. Sydney hasn't won a final at the MCG for 70 years.
Eat that dude.
St Kilda had no answer for the Swans in the 4th quarter, and basically matched them for the first 3 quarters.

I think West Coast would be a better opponent next week, but you never know, Swans played crap against St Kilda on their two previous meetings, and then smashed them in the 4th quarter last night, so anything can happen if they play Adelaide in the final.

NB, I may be making a quick trip to melbourne next weekend...my gf demands it

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Minai - I knew you'd pull out one of my quotes.
Full credit to them. They played better football, simple as that, in more suitable conditions. It was really only 1 quarter that won it for them. Ryan O'keefe was the difference really, he was rock solid. But as i said before, the swans can win against quality, if they kick it long to their forwards. Saints were well below their best, and that was mainly due to the conditions, but also because of flooding - i remember at one occasion counting 12 swans around the ruck - what a fucking joke!

Three scrappy, wet friday day night games in a row - you'd wanna hope it rains on grand final day! The most disappointing thing is the best two teams wont be competing in the GF.

n.b. Too bad Hall wont play. Too bad.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
GO THE MIGHT OF THE RED AND THE WHITE..UP THE BLOODS!

What a great performance!

The Swans midfield showed to the enitre competition that they can match it with the bast. Darren Jolly had a fantastic game in the ruck, as did Jason Ball, which in my opinion was the difference in the last quarter. Sydney nullified the Saints midfield with long hitouts, essentially removing them from the game....as Paul Roos said before the game, 'the best side will win regardless of the conditions'..and that comment held true...

Once again though on a more sour note Sydney were up against 25 men, with some atrocious umpiring decisions assisting the saints in builduing ascendency and putting points on the board...When will they learn to at least show some degree of consistency...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
Minai - I knew you'd pull out one of my quotes.
Full credit to them. They played better football, simple as that, in more suitable conditions. It was really only 1 quarter that won it for them. Ryan O'keefe was the difference really, he was rock solid. But as i said before, the swans can win against quality, if they kick it long to their forwards. Saints were well below their best, and that was mainly due to the conditions, but also because of flooding - i remember at one occasion counting 12 swans around the ruck - what a fucking joke!
It only showz that Sydney won the tactical battle. If they can lock em the opposition down and then overrun them, it can only be fair to say that the Saintz got beaten fair and square.

Also they had the week off, so they should have plenty of fresh legz. Yet in the last quarter they just got simply blown away. No floodin there by Sydney, St Kilda just got owned left right and centre.

Finalz aren't about bein the best team on paper, itz about bein the best team on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)