Taking the turbo out of a Skyline GTST? (1 Viewer)

taylor427

HSC
CieL said:
Are the two v8s the only cars in the whole house?

Apply for exemption?
yeah i will, but they wont be all that likely to give an exemption to an SS ute with 257 kilowatts whcih is registered in dads company name

and they deffinetly wont be happy to give an exemption to a V8 Bmw will they... wortha try, but ther logic will be something close minded like "if you have a bmw you can afford a 3rd car of lesser power... even though we got the car cheaper than a new mitsubishi and like 4th hand...

I will try and apply for an exemtion - it would be bloody good if it were passed.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
taylor427 said:
yeah i will, but they wont be all that likely to give an exemption to an SS ute with 257 kilowatts whcih is registered in dads company name

and they deffinetly wont be happy to give an exemption to a V8 Bmw will they... wortha try, but ther logic will be something close minded like "if you have a bmw you can afford a 3rd car of lesser power... even though we got the car cheaper than a new mitsubishi and like 4th hand...

I will try and apply for an exemtion - it would be bloody good if it were passed.
Sucks to be you. Me and my friend are scouring the legislation for loopholes. Theres no way unless you need that kind of power for work or you owned it before getting a licence/new legislation came in. I quote the exemption application form:

RTA said:
An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition will not be granted simply on the basis that the only vehicle available in a household is a prohibited vehicle.
That or move to the country for a year and say "BUH I NEEDZ DA PULLIN POWA OV MA TURBOW VEE ATE".

You could always get a turbo diesel, everyone seems to overlook diesels, considering volkswagens new golf models it seems a great idea. =/ bl there taylor.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
quik. said:
Basically what the title says.

If you were to take the turbo out of a Skyline GTST, cos of the P plate restriction y0, would it still drive decent?

Also, may as well ask this here, are green P platers restricted on turbos and high powered cars as well? Or only red P's?

Thankies :]
what a fuckin dipshit.
thats like sayin, i'll buy a V8 an take out 2 spark plugs so it's only really running on 6 cylinders......

lol there are some fucking retards on this website. quik being a major one

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Thing that shits me off is they ban cars like the WRX (non-Sti) which has about the same horspower as a regular falcon or commodore yet because of its more compact size, less weight and AWD is almost certainly safer and easier to drive. I don't understand why they didn't just make it a fucking power-to-weight ratio or a maximum kW number, rather than this turbo or V8 bullshit.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Riet said:
Thing that shits me off is they ban cars like the WRX (non-Sti) which has about the same horspower as a regular falcon or commodore yet because of its more compact size, less weight and AWD is almost certainly safer and easier to drive. I don't understand why they didn't just make it a fucking power-to-weight ratio or a maximum kW number, rather than this turbo or V8 bullshit.
dude, turbo lag is some dangerous shit. :santa:

taylor427

HSC
Azamakumar said:
=/ bl there taylor.
whats that mean???

and about deisels,
i dont like em one little bit.
unless you have a massive 4x4 (stupid unless offroading anyway)
or your traveling on highways a whole lot,

you get alotta torque out of a diesel, but not in the rev range you want for start stop driving.
and a decent deisel (i.e. VW golf or polo cost alotta $$$ which i dont have...)

oh i forgot to mention we have another car lol, but it doesnt/will not have rego for quite a long time - its a 1965 Ford Mustang coupe which i have begun restoring,
thing is it needs a load of welding and even more work to every inch of the body, the only problem is time right now.

oh well.
i rekon a mid 90's corrolla or subaru :) liberty wagon non turbo would be awesome.

to be realistic id love a subaru wagon maunal, that would be a nice little car to take all my stuff/people/more stuff and a second home for big nights out i suppose...

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I guess you do have a point with the extra $$, but the economy/power returns given by the diesel are better than the petrol models. I want a wrx/silvia, but these laws are gonna make me cry. guess i just gotta use my parents car til i get my fulls cos its just a waste of monies.

:(

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Mines non-turbo :D

I am on my Green P's now. But still got just under 2 years untill i can get a turbo car.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
IC3 said:
The RB engine is still too powerful even though if you take teh turbo out.
You clearly don't know what the fuck you're on about, removing the turbo would turn it, or any turbocharged car, into a complete sack of shit.

7th Sign

HSC
buy a NA skyline

or dont buy one at all becuase a skyline with out a turbo is just crap

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
7th Sign said:
buy a NA skyline

Bullshit, still better than most P legal cars.

Acaanpca

HSC
7th Sign said:
buy a NA skyline

NA = Naturally aspirated = Non Turbo

CieL

HSC
Acaanpca said:
NA = Naturally aspirated = Non Turbo
No shit, Sherlock.
You got to read the opening post.

Pretty sure he means buy a stock NA Skyline... instead of buying a turbo skyline and taking the turbo out.. which is an awesomely stupid thing to do.

Jesus Christ, who would of thought that one day I would be standing up for 7th Sign.

7th Sign

HSC
Riet said:
Bullshit, still better than most P legal cars.
No bullshit...

NA skylines are not that fast, they come with a RB20E, skylines are heavy cars also so in terms of race ability against most other sports car's when you drive a NA skyline its not too pretty.

A lot of Honda's, Mazda's, Toyota's all NA would beat a NA skyline because their light and because they come equip with engines that are some times better then the NA skylines, furthermore a large percentage of NA skylines are AUTO's which just ads to their credibility on the streets/track where ever.

If you want a skyline wait until your off your p plates because,

1) NA skylines suck.
2) insurance will totally destroy you if you do it legit.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
7th Sign said:
No bullshit...

NA skylines are not that fast, they come with a RB20E, skylines are heavy cars also so in terms of race ability against most other sports car's when you drive a NA skyline its not too pretty.

A lot of Honda's, Mazda's, Toyota's all NA would beat a NA skyline because their light and because they come equip with engines that are some times better then the NA skylines, furthermore a large percentage of NA skylines are AUTO's which just ads to their credibility on the streets/track where ever.

1) NA skylines suck.
How is he wrong, the Nissan NA range is like the perfect place to look for a first car if you want to go the performance route. Given that OP's looking at a fucking GTST, I think it would be safe to assume so. Also how does a 4 speed auto transmission give ANY car street/track cred.

I'm also fairly sure the Honda's, Mazda's and Toyota's you are referring to exist only in your head. Sure a DC5R or an Aurion will beat the shit out of a RB20DE, but I would assume it's because of the shitload of extra money you pay for it. An R32 GTST would set him back around 10k, whilst a 99 DC2R would go for 19.

And as for insurance, anything with a power to weight ratio greater than one third will set you back an arm and a leg, the insurance companies with good reason believe the occurence of a collision is greater because you just got your licence.

7th Sign

HSC
Azamakumar said:
How is he wrong, the Nissan NA range is like the perfect place to look for a first car if you want to go the performance route. Given that OP's looking at a fucking GTST, I think it would be safe to assume so. Also how does a 4 speed auto transmission give ANY car street/track cred.

I'm also fairly sure the Honda's, Mazda's and Toyota's you are referring to exist only in your head. Sure a DC5R or an Aurion will beat the shit out of a RB20DE, but I would assume it's because of the shitload of extra money you pay for it. An R32 GTST would set him back around 10k, whilst a 99 DC2R would go for 19.

And as for insurance, anything with a power to weight ratio greater than one third will set you back an arm and a leg, the insurance companies with good reason believe the occurence of a collision is greater because you just got your licence.

Why do I even bother with these types of threads,

obviously you didn't notice the sarcasm in my above post...when I was referring to autos and NA skylines, because a high percentage of NA skylines are auto...meaning their crap.

DC2R (p plater legal) vs. NA R33 AUTO skyline (because a high percentage of na's are auto) who would win?

thats just one off the top of my head, their are so many cars better then NA skylines that are p plater legal basically any v6 sports car thats light.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
7th Sign said:
No bullshit...

1) NA skylines suck.
Funny, my friend has an R32 with an Rb25DE, it's a hell fun car to drive. It's also a manual.

Edit: It also rips stock commodores and falcons and kept up with a DC2 Type-R upto about 120.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)