Terror in London: Soldier beheaded on street (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So much violence from muslims ....... they have had more than their fair share of homeland violence. lol

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
So much violence from muslims ....... they have had more than their fair share of homeland violence. lol
yeah and the english defence league is just pretty much destroying the streets and having a field day with this.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Terrorism Act 2000 (UK)

(1) In this Act "terrorism" means the use or threat of action where:
(a) the action falls within subsection (2),
(b) the use or threat is designed to influence the government or to intimidate the public or a section of the public and
(c) the use or threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious or ideological cause.

(2) Action falls within this subsection if it:
(a) involves serious violence against a person,
(b) involves serious damage to property,
(c) endangers a person's life, other than that of the person committing the action,
(d) creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public or
(e) is designed seriously to interfere with or seriously to disrupt an electronic system

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What IS terrorism then?

If attempting to influence government policy through the spectacle of violent and terrifying acts isn't terroism, then nothing is.

a soldier was slaughtered in the street in broad daylight by a pair of islamic foreigners

yeah get over it guys
Well it's partially inducing terror because its being hyped up beyond proportion . I think it's sad a person died in such a horrible way - I really do, but this is nothing more than a brutal and senseless murder at the end of the day.

Naz1234

HSC
Politically motivated. Just shows how much people want British soldiers to get out of their country. I saw with my own two eye in iraq, in the town of Askar, a whole street being peppered with bullets by US army, pointing guns at 5 year old's and killing them. For no apparent reason. Blood was literally everywhere. I will never forget. Then why was this not in the media?Why were people not crying for those 5 year old's? This guy is a complete fucktared for doing what he did, but he was trying to let the government and people know something.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously it's only terrorism if there's mass carnage
The religious/political motivations dont count for shit
No terrorism just doesn't exist period, there's violence and then there's violence, the motivation is irrelevant, the only thing that induces terror beyond the immediate victims is the reaction to the events not the events themselves

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
No terrorism just doesn't exist period, there's violence and then there's violence, the motivation is irrelevant, the only thing that induces terror beyond the immediate victims is the reaction to the events not the events themselves
So I guess the IRA made carbombs for the fun of it right?

What I'm more surprised is why didn't any bystanders just mob over those two guys while he's hacking a soldier to death. Sad state of society if people only wait for the police.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
So are you really saying that 9/11 wasn't a terrorist act?

Tasteless

HSC
So I guess the IRA made carbombs for the fun of it right?

What I'm more surprised is why didn't any bystanders just mob over those two guys while he's hacking a soldier to death. Sad state of society if people only wait for the police.
I strongly agree but circumstances of where people were, who was facing where etc have to be factored in and maybe it just wasnt really possible.

I'm assuming they didn't waste any time either it probably just happened too quick for anyone to react.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So are you really saying that 9/11 wasn't a terrorist act?
It was a large scale act of violence. 3,000 odd people died and was tragic. Does it really matter whether we call it terrorism or not? The outcome is the same. If the planes crashed into the twin towers because of pilot error rather than deliberate act does that mean we should care less about what happened?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It was a large scale act of violence. 3,000 odd people died and was tragic. Does it really matter whether we call it terrorism or not? The outcome is the same. If the planes crashed into the twin towers because of pilot error rather than deliberate act does that mean we should care less about what happened?
No, I suppose it doesn't matter whether we call it a terrorist act or not. However, religious acts of violence are a peg up on the violence scale in my opinion. I.e. Christians who bomb an abortion clinic are just as much terrorists as muslims who make a car bomb.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
guys it's bin laden's alt account

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yes there's no meaningful distinction between a random act of violence and one committed by adherents to an organised ideological group who have vowed to carry out more acts of violence until people comply with their demands

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
there's no such thing as war, its just a bunch of people killing each like any other time people kill each other

there's no such thing as rape, its all just a dude sticking his dick in a vagina. You can call it non-consensual, but that's just the woman's reaction to it, not the act itself. the act is just penis in vagina like any other time people have sex

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
dumbest thing I've ever read.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
yes there's no meaningful distinction between a random act of violence and one committed by adherents to an organised ideological group who have vowed to carry out more acts of violence until people comply with their demands
Here here.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No, I suppose it doesn't matter whether we call it a terrorist act or not. However, religious acts of violence are a peg up on the violence scale in my opinion. I.e. Christians who bomb an abortion clinic are just as much terrorists as muslims who make a car bomb.
Uh-huh, and labeling it terrorism achieves what tangible benefit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)