Textual Dynamics (1 Viewer)

anexasaved

HSC
Hey..just wondering who's doing it this year? and what your creative writing ideas are..it's so hard =/

M4N1

HSC
Yea i'm doing textual dynamics. Regarding creative writing I haven't really done much. I have an idea for now which I plan on perfecting which involves writing a piece that takes inspiration from Albert Camus' The Stranger/Outsider (it goes by both names). Its a great existentialist novel, you should read it if u haven't. Textual dynamics is a hard elective so I get where you're coming from. Which prescribed texts is your school doing?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
How can you have trouble with creative writing ideas... the beauty of writing in this module is that you can write about ANYTHING!

My topics for my creative writing included:

- author falls in love with one of his characters and thus enters the book he writes to be with the woman he loves
- an author decides to write a story but somehow the characters escape and dictate to the author what he should write, while he is writing it
- an author tells a person/character who enters a library to fetch a book off the shelf so the author can read it because it'd be very weird if he did it himself (because floating books are very awkward)

And of course, my Extension 2 English work was based on that - and it was basically: author comments humourously and quite often on how a married couple got together and how they are now arguing in a minor capacity over a laptop charger, while opting to entertain and delight the audience.

anexasaved

HSC
The hard part for me is getting my head around what Textual Dynamics is.
But yea i need to work on my story now. I have an idea which develops around an author and his text. And thanks Shadowdude for offering ideas haha =)

Umm we're doing Orlando, Calvino and Night Letters as our prescribed texts.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, I put words on a page and got 25 lol

princerehan

HSC
Yeah alstah, that's because it linked perfectly to the stimulus and played brilliantly with form. For the other people, try picking a key scene or event from your prescribed and using at as the scope for your creative with intertextuality and as much postmodern techniques as possible.

Italo Calvino

HSC
YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG!

Extension English itself can be so ridiculously specific that you really can't prepare anything appropriate, it's just like going into an essay without a pre-prepared essay!

I've done things like a war between postmodern and traditionalist authors, A boy who can't fall in love because of its grammatical mishaps, a couple who died and ended up in the author's bedroom instead of heaven, A guy who started reading, realised he was Italo Calvino, and wrote himself into a new society... You just have to play with language and textual form! Who writes a text? that's all it is about ;) And I know you've all probably got a firm idea now that the exam is like three days away or whatever it is, but that's just my input ;) Shadowdude is right on the money here, but you really can just ramble incessantly and get a decent mark!

The thing you have to remember? In Textual Dynamics, subvert the text! If not once, do it twice! But not thrice, that's just far too confusing and a key component of kitsch. You don't want that, do you?

groundhog

HSC
hey there!
just looking at your AMAZING ranks :D what was your ATAR? :)
PLOX REPLY.
thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)