• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

That Anthony Ca...co...thing song. (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
"Callea" is not very hard to spell. Unless your dyslexic.

/two cents worth.

edit: so his song is #1 now is it ?

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
well, apparently it is.

geez, let this thread die already.

we're over it. seriously.

HSC
this song was up against some 'lazy boy' song on radio and '80%' voted for anthony callea.....one girl rang up and as soon as she got on air she screamed like a fucking bimbo then was like 'i like anthony like omg like so totally omg supre mini skirt have sex with blonde surfies all day omg he has abs, how could u not like anthony he is like so totally over the top omg supre has a sale on hot'

bimbos suck in so many ways

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
well, she definately sounds like a bimbo just after reading what you posted.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Apparently the Aria Chart is not "accurate". It is base on the number of copies sold to the shops as wholesales, not how much the public has bought from the stores. So that's why Anthony's single was just released on monday and he is on the chart already, which is impossible if it was based on public sales because the Aria updates its sales every monday (Anthony's single was out monday). That said, any artists can get a platinum before he/she has sold any copies of CDs in store because the shops decides who goes number 1 bascially....which is totally unfair I reckon.

Last edited:

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Apparently the Aria Chart is not "accurate". It is base on the number of copies sold to the shops as wholesales, not how much the public has bought from the stores.
I think that makes it accurate then, cos the amount of copies shops buy reflect the popularity (or record sales) of anthony's cds.. they wouldn't buy heaps of copies if no one was buying it. Think about it.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Annegelic said:
I think that makes it accurate then, cos the amount of copies shops buy reflect the popularity (or record sales) of anthony's cds.. they wouldn't buy heaps of copies if no one was buying it. Think about it.
no, it does not make it accurate at all. not at all.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Annegelic said:
Have you walked into a store with heaps and heaps and heaps of Delta Goodrem's album that has not been sold?? omg....
Apparently wholesales for Delta's album is like 5 times platinum, and realistically, it has only sold like 1.5 platinum. So Aria is not an accurate reflection of what the Australian public likes, but rather what the stores think the Australian public likes and it's crap.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
wow i never realised that. i thought it was consumer purchases that counted, not big-name record store 'speculation'. i saw callea at carols by candlelight and he can sing but his cover of the prayer is so damn unimaginative and unoriginal. people like that shouldnt be allowed to make music.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but the stores won't keep ordering if they are not selling, so in the end it will be closer to true than not

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
iambored said:
but the stores won't keep ordering if they are not selling, so in the end it will be closer to true than not
not really. As I've said before Delta has only sold 1.5 platinum worth of her album Mistaken Identity while the stores have bought 5 times platinum already....as if they are gonna sell more than 3 times platium in stores

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
iambored said:
that's what i thought.

and i don't like delta myself, but she's pretty big with the public.. so her sales could be that high.

persephone

HSC
he's number one at the moment isn't he? it's all because bloody mark holden gave him the grand royale touchdown. that was the one performance that kept him in the competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)