THE AMAZING RACE...is Back ! (3 Viewers)

bex

HSC
aussie tv couldnt afford it.. all airfare deals were done in US dollars and if not then local currency and the US $ at that time was the strongest currency.. australia couldnt afford to do the american and european legs!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
i think it could, it would cost 10 million atleast about $2000 airfare per leg per team member. pre booked trips for alternmating camera crew etc.

i think the US can do it because a low rating show gets 10 million viewers = $$$ where as here a great rating show gets 2 million hence less $$$....

Australian survivor sucked because they had dumbass producers who couldnt edit a show if their life depended on it! the guys who produced it probably never saw only one survivor ep and thought they knew it all...

but an australian version of The Amazing Race is possible, it just needs a good soundrack , great cinematography and cameracrew who would do anything to get the perfect shot of any situation.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
aussie one would be a waste of money, leave it to the americans

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
aussie people too stupid?
Yeah they all get stuck at one of the legs and screw the producers, jk, Americans have the money to make it a hell of alot better so lets just let them handle it! Aussi Survivor, they picked a really crummy location and the first challenage didnt work, it was a huge joke!!

routemarker

HSC
check it out

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race_application/

CBS are casting for THE AMAZING RACE 6 this means thyre probably going to have a season in the 'fall' and that TAR 5 looks to be the best season yet for them to start casting this early.

maybe ch 7 will be showing TAR 5 with a 6 day delay. well we can only hope.

TAR 5 doesnt start on may 27 it starts in the 2nd week of June in the US.

routemarker

HSC
for the mean time just watch season 1.
on tomorrows ep watch as team guido slip on the mat at the pit stop, very funny.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
watching season 1 just wants me want the new season even more.... :(

routemarker

HSC
i think thats ch 7s plan i mean just think about it they're repeating TAR 1 and its not just for the hell of it.

see this example
back in 2002 TAR 2 premered 6 weeks after the US premere on friday 7.30pm.

the week after it got shifted to 11.30 sat and you know what took its place? freakin wedding bloopers!!!!

MouNtY

TAR is one of the best reality show things ever. (is it even a reality show)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yep its a reality show ...
i want the intro theme .... it sends a chill thru my spine!

routemarker

HSC
lol but this season has the phil voice over

" Its the most daring race ever attempted. 11 two person teams , bound by by friendship love or family will race around the world. they have no idea where they are going, what dangers they may encounter , or how the journey will effect their lives. Most of the teams will be eliminated but the team that reaches the finish line first will win a cash prize of 1 million dollars. This is a race like no other in history, this is the amazing race"

Still i hear the theme too, it finally kicked out the survivor theme lol.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
lol but this season has the phil voice over

" Its the most daring race ever attempted. 11 two person teams , bound by by friendship love or family will race around the world. they have no idea where they are going, what dangers they may encounter , or how the journey will effect their lives. Most of the teams will be eliminated but the team that reaches the finish line first will win a cash prize of 1 million dollars. This is a race like no other in history, this is the amazing race"

Still i hear the theme too, it finally kicked out the survivor theme lol.
Edit - it later series wasnt there 12 teams , not quite sure :) but its one of the best intros ever with a plane flying overhead, the producer for The Amazing Race are fantastic, but I still love the Survivor and Temptation intro too, yeah for all of them!! I live on reality television:rolleyes:

routemarker

HSC
an extra team was introduced form TAR 3.
I remember watching TAr 2 for the first time and during the into i was surprised they took out the voiceover and replaced it with a 11 (12) teams of 2 animated screen.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
an extra team was introduced form TAR 3.
I remember watching TAr 2 for the first time and during the into i was surprised they took out the voiceover and replaced it with a 11 (12) teams of 2 animated screen.
Yeah - it more fun near the end of the series cause then theres more charachter development and you actually boost for a team!!
Thats why the elimanate more team at the start then the near the end, or maybe to save the producers some money!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah, that would make it more entertaining...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)