• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Kaif and Yuvraj arent Dravid and Tendulkar.... not even close....only decent in ODIs

stcking by the winning team hasnt kept kaspa in the side... but nah i dont think gillespie will be dropped, he bowled prety good in the 2nd innings of the 1st test,

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the indian currently wont change for the next world cup thats for certain, tendulkar will only be 34! all around the same dravid, laxman and ganguly. Potential drop is ganguly. Kaid and Yuvraj are young and experienced and they do their job well. The bowlers would and should have changed for the world cup.
I would say india have potential to beat Australia now atleast in the tests, perhaps in the ODIs they r still not confident enough, though with Chappel that could very weel change. it will be sort of old team to play in the world cup but i can gurantee tendulkar and dravid to play and maybe even sehwag.

you would expect to have some young superstars on the way! :)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HotShot said:
the indian currently wont change for the next world cup thats for certain, tendulkar will only be 34! all around the same dravid, laxman and ganguly. Potential drop is ganguly. Kaid and Yuvraj are young and experienced and they do their job well. The bowlers would and should have changed for the world cup.
I would say india have potential to beat Australia now atleast in the tests, perhaps in the ODIs they r still not confident enough, though with Chappel that could very weel change. it will be sort of old team to play in the world cup but i can gurantee tendulkar and dravid to play and maybe even sehwag.

you would expect to have some young superstars on the way! :)
no, we're talking about post wc. The Aussies will have an unchanged wc squad as well. We're talkin about the strengths of the squads after the mid 30's seniors retire - of which india have many.

this_girl

HSC
Can't wait! Hopefully it'll be another great test.... and please, NO RAIN!

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Fuckin oath those two just went at it. Played really well though

HSC
God England are useless. I'd finally dared get my hopes up of a score 350+ Now I'm almost waiting for the next one to fall. Why do we still pick Bell? Why do we still pick Giles? Bring in Collingwood!

HSC
Maybe not useless, but if you are good enough to get to 112-0, you should not be 190-4, or whatever they are now. Vaughn again, really not performing as he should be. I wouldn't have minded if he'd got out to a good ball, but playing such an awful shot, it was not a captains shot to play- even if it had gone for six.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Are the English still playing One Dayers ?

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
AsyLum said:
Are the English still playing One Dayers ?
Heh... fair enough comment.

407 scored on the first day (at a run rate of 5.13), and 10 wickets falling.

That's almost Australian (except the Aussies do the same thing, but with a few wickets in hand by the end of the day's play).

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
While losing McGrath is bad, I think its a good thing for Australian cricket. The team needs to learn how to play without McGrath. Someone needs to step up and bowl these 10 maidens in a row and now is the best time to do it 1 - 0 up in the series.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
nah he didnt, fwoa Flintoff and Pietersen were playing like they needed 200 runs off the last 10 overs, great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)