• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Bookie said:
HuZ mAgGiE?*!? WoT iF McGrAtH dzN't pLaY?*

Shane Watson, very pumped, he's looking better than everyone else right now. If I were to select from the squad available, I'd go;

Langer
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
Warne
Lee
Kasprowicz/Tait
McGrath
MacGill

There are no good batsmen. Just focus on the bowling.

Go South Africa

may as well send in the NSW Blues.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Bookie said:
HuZ mAgGiE?*!? WoT iF McGrAtH dzN't pLaY?*
he is playing...coz they said he is...and if anything happens to him *touch woods a million times* i shall die coz then we have NO chance of winning

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
A mate of mine from England just rang and told me that warne and Langer collided at training - warne dislocated his shoulder and langer broke his leg - both are already out of the 5th test!!

edit: turns out he was taking the piss. Stupid git.

Last edited:
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
A mate of mine from England just rang and told me that warne and Langer collided at training - warne dislocated his shoulder and langer broke his leg - both are already out of the 5th test!!

i thought u were serious.. shit that would be awful if it were true cuz then wed have no hope AT ALL

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Smokey_22 said:

thats horrible...trust a pom to say smtg mean bout the aussies...they're evil pplz...n e wyz if it did happen it wouldve been all over the news...hehe

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I think everyone wouldve found out.

They had a thing in the Telescrap today about the next few Aussie stars. No doubt Jaquesy and DT were there. They should be in the team now.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
dom thornely.... go rape him in the arse bookie.... theres better players atm than him

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Bookie said:
Like who? Matthew Hayden?
aahh...Thornley isnt that good OK!

Hayden isnt playing shit. He is scoring runs in tour matches, its just a confidence thing. Thornley is not that good, although we do need to encourage more all-rounders nowadays. I wish a new Gary Sobers comes up and shows the world that that era isnt lost.

He was just gun. He opened the batting, opened the bowling, also bowled orthodox spin, also chinnaman (wrist) spin, and was an awesome fielder.

Too good!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Sobers batted number 5.

I dont know why the selectors dropped Klusener. He was the best. I suppose Pollock and Kallis will do for now.

And Thornely is better than Hayden will ever be from now on. Haydens past his date. He has a physical game, and his body's too old for his hulking frame. He doesn't have the reflexes and stuff anymore. Thornely and Jazques both have Pura averages of about 50. What else can they do? The Aussie selectors are dicks for not even thinking about Bevan and Blewett [considering they considered Hussey, Hodge, Elliot]

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Bookie said:
Sobers batted number 5.

I dont know why the selectors dropped Klusener. He was the best. I suppose Pollock and Kallis will do for now.

And Thornely is better than Hayden will ever be from now on. Haydens past his date. He has a physical game, and his body's too old for his hulking frame. He doesn't have the reflexes and stuff anymore. Thornely and Jazques both have Pura averages of about 50. What else can they do? The Aussie selectors are dicks for not even thinking about Bevan and Blewett [considering they considered Hussey, Hodge, Elliot]
mate he opened the batting. Yes in most of his international games he was no.5 but he def opened in county

Anyway, Thornley yes...maybe...no. I dunno, a toughie, but yeah i do agree that Bevan and Blewett should have been called up a long time ago.

They're looking at Australian U19, U21 teams and that is how tey select most of the youngsters now (even though it is bullshit).

It'll be a good game on thursday nonetheless, anything can happen as Jones will prob be out and McGrath, if he plays, could get injured during the match because of his injury.

Who would come up for Jones? Tremlett? go the gamble and put in a batsman - Solanki? I dunno, tricky one.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Bookie said:
What else can they do? The Aussie selectors are dicks for not even thinking about Bevan and Blewett [considering they considered Hussey, Hodge, Elliot]
At the time Hussey and Hodge were offered contracts, Bevan and Blewett were in decline. Blewett never recovered (but became a prominent figure in the SA squad) but Bevan worked at his technique elsewhere (such as with Sussex) and started to blossom again. The ACB never considered Bevan again because of their policy of gradually blooding youngsters, and it was expected that he would retire from the game in a couple of years. Also that the current batsmen were doing too well.
Hussey, Hodge and [Elliot - im not sure] were in their late 20's and had plenty of experience as well as time left in their careers.

Bookie said:
And Thornely is better than Hayden will ever be from now on. Haydens past his date. He has a physical game, and his body's too old for his hulking frame. He doesn't have the reflexes and stuff anymore. Thornely and Jazques both have Pura averages of about 50
They do, but so do hussey, Haddin, Bevan, Hodge,Arnberger, Voges, North etc. Pura Cup is a different kettle of fish to Ashes International cricket. DT and Phil aren't just going to go out there and get 50 for Australia. You'd be naive for thinking that. To throw in a youngster in such an important game who is untested at international level is just stupid. Almost all new players take time to adjust.

And don't bag Hayden - he's got hundreds in every tour match, and starts in the tests. Im backing him for a big score because the stage is set for him.

Thornely is probably half the player Hayden is right now.

Last edited:

.ben

HSC
So when does the 5th test start anyway?

1 week... 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)