• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

otay

HSC
LOL check this site out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4072390.stm

WTF?? In comparing gilly with Jones, "Both have much to prove ". R U fucking kidding me???? If this dickhead writer is able to make an opinion about Mcgrath being better than ali "because of his test pedigree", y the hell can't he do that with gilly. McGrath granted is a legend, a great of the game, but so is gilly. There is nothing to suggest he won't thrive in the twenty20 arena. Just look at his strike rates in both tests and one dayers. And while this article was written before their warm up game the other day vs. PCA Masters, he scored a brisk 53 of 50. Typical of the english media though thinking geraint jones is the next gilchrist. Bunch of wankers. Oh well I don't see england winning a test. Harmison is overrated and Strauss hasn't faced a bowler anywhere near the quality of any of our seamers(yes pollock is old and is quite overrated atm). I do agree with alot of posts though and would enjoy every game goin to full five days, with us winning them of course.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Tommorow night, 2:30 on Fox. The Australia vs England 20/20.

I'm fucking hyped for this series. We should do em in the one-dayers too.

Bangladesh will have some struggles against us and England. Is there a point to them being there for the series?

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
to add more games and show them wat they wish to b like.....the time u have given looks missleading almost....

clearer if u say tuesday mornign at 2.30 on fox sports

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
angelduck said:
off topic here, luv the av cappen, and totally agree

yea well its the person i hate more than kimmorley....i would rather c kimmorley play than fuckin John's

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
tis ok....i just seemed like an etch way to say it...all is cool :uhhuh:

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HeCtic said:
Bangladesh will have some struggles against us and England. Is there a point to them being there for the series?
not really, but the ICC has to try to expand the game.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
can't believe channel 7 will show it ...who will commentate?..i like the channel 9 monoply on cricket!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
An english affiliate will commentate of course.

With the twenty20 game i think the aussies panicked after losing the openers, due to lack of experience in the format. As soon as clarke, hussey and ponting get some time in the middle against somerset and Bangladesh then they'll be better prepared.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
yea that was a waste of sleep, lol

they shouldnt of changed the order...i dnt care wat they were chasing they should stick to wats familiar, it would of worked better for them

otay

HSC
cappen said:
they shouldnt of changed the order...i dnt care wat they were chasing they should stick to wats familiar, it would of worked better for them
agreed...but when u think about it this game means shit all except to make england over confident and remind the aussies that they shouldnt feel sorry for smashing the poms.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
ha....but still, i wanted a clean sweep of th poms!!!!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/211182.html

This pommie editor seems to think that tour matches actually mean something, overcriticising everything about the way the aussies played - from retiring some batsmen to the bowling strategy. Then comparing us to a listless Kostya tsyou (sp?)
They are really giving it to us now that we've shown lack of form so far. Clearly this is because of the lack of matchplay the aussies have had - they seem to have forgotten the 2 months break from cricket that the aussies have had. England's players have been playing in that period and are in their summer peak. It takes time - especially for our bowlers to find match-form.
Methinks a good start will turn to shit for the Poms when they run out of energy and spirit toward the middle and end of the tour when the Aussies start to find their top gear after a long break.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Tour matches aren't exactly played with the same kind of intensity as the Internationals are.

I'm sure we'll be more switched on come the first real games.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
something is seriously wrong when that old man Jayasuria scores 100 against us

i mean if it was Sehwag or Kallis or someone yea okay, but seriously im trying to contemplate how exactly this happened..

otay

HSC
Seraph said:
something is seriously wrong when that old man Jayasuria scores 100 against us

i mean if it was Sehwag or Kallis or someone yea okay, but seriously im trying to contemplate how exactly this happened..
Coz watson sucks dick. I was at the SCG when he made his test debut and the whoile crowd was against him. Fuckn prick. Lol at how he tripped over after bowlin his first ball in test. Clumsy muthafucker. And Jayasuria ain't that bad, it's worse if it sum1 like strauss gets a hundred, we'll never here the end about how he's the next don bradman or shum shit, fuckn poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)