• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogie

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
i can still remember that 14-odd ball over that he bowled down here. shame shame.
speaking of 14 ball overs, gillespie is having an absolute shocker, totally letting the poms off the hook

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
its not looking good for the world champions, Pietersen took them to the cleaners.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its a case of Australia playing shit rather than England playing good..

Harmison is playable, our boys just seem to be intimidated at the moment, we need someone to go after him.

Pieterson was good, but it was an unlucky day, 3 potential slip catches went begging.

Once Lee gets back it'll solve that problem of bowlers. Hussy will be unlucky to be dropped if he is.

Katich, Haddin, Symonds are all quality players so it'll be tough to see how this goes.

baker182

HSC
AsyLum said:
Its a case of Australia playing shit rather than England playing good..

Harmison is playable, our boys just seem to be intimidated at the moment, we need someone to go after him.

Pieterson was good, but it was an unlucky day, 3 potential slip catches went begging.

Once Lee gets back it'll solve that problem of bowlers. Hussy will be unlucky to be dropped if he is.

Katich, Haddin, Symonds are all quality players so it'll be tough to see how this goes.
MMmm, i guess you did'nt watch Pieterson in South Africa? :rolleyes:
I think its a case of England playing good as well.

Well if the Aussie's are intimidated by him, then you guys are truly fucked!!!!!!!!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
The Aussies shoulda won - if Pieterson had gotten out then the headlines would be all about the great fielding effort that resurrected our tour. This didnt happen, but the bowling and fielding was SOMEWHERE near where it should be.

Batting wise, Ponting, Gilchrist and Martyn didnt make any runs - and this cant go on forever. Sooner or later one will get a start and the partnerships will be top-order consolidation rather than middle order recovery. Symonds will come back next game, and so will binger - probably for Gillespie - but i'd prefer Kasper be rested.

it was deadset won for us until Pieterson played that innings - you saw how the pommie commentators were whinging. Australia only have to finish above Bangladesh. The only games we should be really up for are the best of 3 finals.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
baker182 said:
MMmm, i guess you did'nt watch Pieterson in South Africa? :rolleyes:
I think its a case of England playing good as well.

Well if the Aussie's are intimidated by him, then you guys are truly fucked!!!!!!!!
South Africa have had a pretty lacklustre bowling line up for a while and England managed a win, if i recall it was 4-1 by the end of the series?

My point is there were several oppurtunities to get him, the Aussies are nowhere near their best, and are coming off pretty horrid losses.

Like i said, its Australia losing rather than England winning

baker182

HSC
AsyLum said:
South Africa have had a pretty lacklustre bowling line up for a while and England managed a win, if i recall it was 4-1 by the end of the series?

My point is there were several oppurtunities to get him, the Aussies are nowhere near their best, and are coming off pretty horrid losses.

Like i said, its Australia losing rather than England winning
Still, you should give credit to England, they were good enough to win on the day :p

Yes England losted the one day matches in South Africa, the point i was trying to make, is that he is a good player. 4 100's in your first year of international cricket is a sign of a very good player.

otay

HSC
Fuck that was bad. Wat the hell are we doing bowling so many fucking no balls and wides? Not only did they get about 15 runs from extras, thats also almsot an extra 3 overs. Shameful. Good to see Glenn knockin over Trescothic and that clown Strauss. Next game boys when we bring back Simmo and Lee. Kudos to CLarkey and Hussey, particularly Hussey, he played a blinder of an innings and deserved a hundred.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Hayden is actually in a bit of form now. It was the openers that got them the good start.

Whats wrong woth clarkey - hes scored more runs than anyone else???

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Hussey is a class act, he can last a good five or six years at International level. What a player!!

Pietersen is starting to scare me, that knock was better than anything he did in Seth Afrika him and Freddie are a nightmare middle-order prospect. Too bad he isn't even English ;)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Watching England succeed/win games of cricket - i mean, its a bit like, er, kissing your sister - it just doesnt feel right.

mecurial

HSC
Brett Lee should probably come in for Kasprowicz, the English batsmen don't seem to fear or even be too worried about our bowling attack at the moment. Nothing like a bit of chin music to change that.

Is anybody else absolutely sick of David Lloyd and Nasser Hussain's commentary? They are so biased and arrogant - come on guys one ODI doesn't even scratch the surface compared to 15 years of utter domination.

Let's hear you, you smug bastards, when it is 5-0 at the end of the Ashes series.

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Watching England succeed/win games of cricket - i mean, its a bit like, er, kissing your sister - it just doesnt feel right.
but let's be realistic, we can't expect Australia to win EVERY 20/20, one-dayer and test match on tour.

oh wait....yes we can.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
mecurial said:
Brett Lee should probably come in for Kasprowicz, the English batsmen don't seem to fear or even be too worried about our bowling attack at the moment. Nothing like a bit of chin music to change that.

Is anybody else absolutely sick of David Lloyd and Nasser Hussain's commentary? They are so biased and arrogant - come on guys one ODI doesn't even scratch the surface compared to 15 years of utter domination.

Let's hear you, you smug bastards, when it is 5-0 at the end of the Ashes series.
The Channel 9 commentary team is just as bad as any as far as bias goes. Lloydy is actually quite good I thought. It's Nass and Botham who seem most biased against the Aussies.

That said I actually enjoy the overseas commentators, the WWOS commentators have gotten stale in my opinion. Need some fresh blood for the summer methinks.

I don't want to see Lee play in the Test series ahead of Kasper, Lee's main weapon his intimidation factor didn't take him many wickets last time he toured and I reckon Kasper complements McGrath and Gillespie better.

Obviously the series is a long way away and form/injuries will come into it, but that's how I see it.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
can't believe shane watson slept on lees floor at night cos of that ghost....hehe ....if they are so spoked why don't they just move out?...like the west indies and bangladeshies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)