• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Best R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop for 2006 (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Re: anyone else listen to hip hop?

chrisrykers88 said:
hey guys,

im a big hip hop fan and i know its not real popular in australia due to the lack of well-known oz hip hop aside from the hilltop hoods so i was wondering if any of you listen to it??? if you do, then post here, tell me about it, and also, check out this hip hop forum and join if youre interested, cheers:

http://www.rapworlds.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=24657
LOL!! YOU MEAN LYK FITTY?

i luv his shiit?!!?!?1

chrisrykers88

HSC

no, not like 50 at all, pretty sure 50 cent is pop, some people call him hip-pop but they dont know what theyre talking about. im talking about hip hop that people that dont listen to it probably havent heard of, so if you dont, then just leave the thread alone. or "end yourself" whatever you feel like doing.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

yo hiphop, list me some more sammie songs post puberty besides you should be my girl

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

Orange Juice said:
yo hiphop, list me some more sammie songs post puberty besides you should be my girl

i only heard 'from the bottom to the top' and wasnt too impressed, i know he is making a come back but fuck him

112 have some new allright unreleased stuff

morning show
shawty red (nice smooth song)

and i have a snippet of their apparant new single called 'work' its more like their 'falling off desperately trying to stay relevant by making generic BULLSHIT and upsetting me' crap.

anyway, have any of you ever had some news that just made you stop in your tracks, news that just made you think 'HOLY S...H...I...T' and everything else thats going on at that very moment just seems to fade into the background

i got news like that last night

news that

someone is planning a world tour, and planning australia as one of their pitstops

someone that is responsible for my favourite song (of any genre) of all time

someone named

jay-z

redrum, now i know if he comes ill be seeing u there!

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

DUDE!

I hope it works out...and I'm still betting that *someone* will tour with him.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

im hoping so dude.

anyway heres the article i saw, from sohh, a site that is notorious for turning rumours into facts. :( but theres also a poster floating around implying that australia is on jay's world tour schedule.

Jay-Z Embarks on Worldwide Tour, Chats With Fans Online
Thursday - June 22, 2006 by Jolene "foxxylady" Petipas
Jay-Z is set to satisfy his worldwide base of fans when he embarks on an international tour this year.

The tour will launch in September in the UK, where Hov will perform in five different cities. Although dates have not been determined for the following countries, the Brooklyn bred rapper is set to hit stages in Kenya, France, Nigeria, Ireland, Greece, Egypt, Turkey, Lebanon, UAE, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Ghana, Angola, South Africa, China, Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.

The announcement of the international tour comes two weeks after Jigga publicized that he will celebrate the tenth anniversary of his debut, Reasonable Doubt , by performing the CD in it's entirety at New York's Radio City Music Hall this Sunday (June 25).

Hov will be giving his fans a chance to talk to him via an online chat on Rocafella.com, on the day following his performance.

Only registered members of Rocafella.com will be able to participate in the chat with Jay. The chat will begin at 7pm EST on June 26th.

Tickets for the UK tour go on sale on Friday 23 via AEGLive.co.uk. Following are the scheduled dates and venues for the tour:

Manchester MEN Arena - September 21

Glasgow SECC Arena - 22

Birmingham NIA - 23

London Wembley Arena - 24

Dublin - 26

i would kill to be at his reasonable doubt 10th year celebration concert thats happening soon in the US, he will be performing the WHOLE album with the roots backing him too

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too...the WHOLE album....man....this HAS to work out!

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC

esquared said:
y'all have no idea how excited i am for the hova tour.

i'm gonna east coast it.
jay is good but nas is greatest of the time that has past...which i believe is over because rap is dead...seriously instead of talking about real shit you got fools talking about grills, bitches and mags...

:bomb:

SqUiMpY

HSC
grk_styl said:
has cassie - me and you been out for ages?
yes :p he he he

best songs of ALL TIME
mind sex+ hell yeah- dead Prez
baby dont cry + wonder why they call you bitch- tupac
Crossroads+ thug mentality- Bonethugs n harmony
Criminal-tupac and biggie
Late night tip by Tupac and 36 mafia
I dont give a fuk- Lil jon ft mystikal and Krayzie bone :) yuppers i saw lil jon perform dat at the 50cent concert :) mmmmm crunk LOL

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
you like dead prez, awesome <3

but i definently disagree with your list lol

back to thread:

i hope jay at least bring out the young gunz, young chris is impressing me, their new song 'never murder me' is HOT

heres a clip of jay performing, well an updated version of 22 two's....'44 [meta] phors'...this was at the nokia theatre a couple of days ago...warm up concert for the big 'reasonable doubt 10th year anniversary' concert....that concert sold out in 2 minutes apparantly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F5SfOj6tZU0&search=44 4's jay-z

D' EVILS SOUNDS AMAZING WITH THE BAND!!! wish the clip showed that performance.

another jigga clip from 'fade to black' he does a little LL Cool J-esque freestyle at the end of 'song cry'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mmx297xym0U&mode=related&search=44 4's jay-z

and the historic, infamous nas-jay-z united live at the i declare war concert:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ih-WSCy4W9g&search=jay-z live

damn this concert better happen!

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
SqUiMpY said:
yes :p he he he

best songs of ALL TIME
mind sex+ hell yeah- dead Prez
baby dont cry + wonder why they call you bitch- tupac
Crossroads+ thug mentality- Bonethugs n harmony
Criminal-tupac and biggie
Late night tip by Tupac and 36 mafia
I dont give a fuk- Lil jon ft mystikal and Krayzie bone :) yuppers i saw lil jon perform dat at the 50cent concert :) mmmmm crunk LOL
the bolded songs are fake...and how can you say you like dead prez...but than 50 cent and lil jon??? shameful...

one is talking about opression and one is talking about a candy shop...ill let you tell it

otay

HSC
You would rather have a Lexus? or justice? a dream? or some substance? A Beamer? a necklace? or freedom?

Dead Prez are pretty much the antithesis of Lil Jon.

I thought I head something on Triple J Hip Hop show about Dead Prez having a new album out later this year. Can any1 confirm or am I hearing shit?

esquared

HSC
chill dudes.
i know hiphop has political roots but i think the genre is mature and diverse enough for political stuff like dead prez to coexist with dumb fun party jamz too.

there's no right or wrong
if you wanna think and it makes you think
if you wanna dance and it makes you dance
it's good stuff.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
otay

they have a joint album coming out with the outlawz called 'cant sell dope forever'

Release Date: July 25, 2005

Tracklisting
1. Intro
2. 1Nation
3. Can't $ell Dope Forever
4. Like A Window
5. Surroundings
6. Thuggin On The Blokkk
7. U Ain't The Only 1 (w/ Messy Marv)
8. Searchin (w/ Stormey & Scott Lo)
9. Dedication
10. Fork In The Road (w/ Stormey & Malachi)
11. Believe (w/ Ms. Nora)
12. WRBG
13. Holdin On (w/ Chae & Stormey)
14. Came-Up (w/ Layzie Bone

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Jay-Z to take on the world
11.15AM, Tue Jun 27 2006

Rap mogul Jay-Z has said he is coming out of retirement to go on a world tour later this year.

The Def Jam Records president confirmed the news after a gig in his hometown, New York, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of his hit debut album, Reasonable Doubt" which is often referred to as one of the best hip hop records of all time.

He now plans to tour outside the US - including London, Seoul, Beirut, Dubai, Johannesburg and Sydney - in September and October. Jay-Z said: "It's a lot of places overseas I haven't been. I haven't been to Australia. I haven't been to Africa, Egypt."

He added: "I figured I get to take a vacation and see all of the places I haven't seen and get to play music for people who haven't yet experienced what I do but they've heard my music but that haven't seen me rock.

"In London, I've been there a couple of times but I haven't been there for two years. Different places like Australia. I haven't been there so I am excited about that."

Asked if he and gal pal Beyoncé Knowles could be planning for the patter of tiny feet, Jay-Z said: "Of course. Kids love me. I have a beautiful soul. When kids see me, they take to me really fast."

The star continued: "I have always thought about that but I always wanted to do it the right way. That's why I don't have a family yet.

"I don't want to be in Beirut missing all of your son's first things, or your daughters, excuse me, first day of school, first haircuts while you are performing at the pyramids in Egypt."

my god im so excited AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hopefully he isnt as popular as kanye teenybopper wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)