• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the department of mysteries (2 Viewers)

Mini

relax
HSC
Originally posted by kleptomaniac

What's THAT about? Why would Dumbledore look triumphant?
coz his theory was right -> harry's blood holds his mother's protection and that is why harry didn't die when he was one.
it was dumbledore's theory for 14 years and he finally got justification.
it shows nothing but that dumbledore is not as modest and humble as he displays - he is 'human' - slightly egotistical.

lol, can u tell i think dumbledore is cooool? (and so not evil)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
For a fleeting instant, Harry thought he saw a gleam of something like triumph in Dumbledore's eyes.
yeah, i'd always wondered about that too... but what mini said is interesting.

oh yeah, and i read OoTP as fast as i could as well :p and then i re-read it, sloooowly...... yeah my music teacher was so pissed off because on the monday after it was released, one of the girls in her yr7 class went around telling everyone that sirius died -___- :chainsaw:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
oh yeah, and i read OoTP as fast as i could as well :p and then i re-read it, sloooowly...... yeah my music teacher was so pissed off because on the monday after it was released, one of the girls in her yr7 class went around telling everyone that sirius died -___- :chainsaw:
as if it wasn't obvious that sirius was gonna die. as soon as it was announced that one of the main characters was going to die, i knew it would be sirius

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by eLmo
What about the list of Animagi that Hermione looked up.. never mentioned Dumbledore there...
hmmm maybe he's illegal :confused:
She looked up the animagi registed that century (20th). Dumbledore is a hundred and fifty years old, so she wouldn't have found anything on him if he was an animagus.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Yeah, I thought he was too at the end of GoF and after I first read OoP, mainly cos I read it so fast so that no one could tell me what happened (a girl at school told me the day after the book came out that Sirius died- I was very shitty) that quite a few of the scenes with Dumbledore in them seemed quite evil. After reading it a second time slowly, I understood that the loathing that Harry had for Dumbledore around the middle of the book was caused by Voldemort, and Dumbledore was back in my good books.

BUT, there's still a bit that confuses me at the end of GoF- it's while Harry's explaining what happened in the graveyard.

"'He said that my blood would make him stronger than if he'd used someone else's,' Harry told Dumbledore. 'He said that the protection my- my mother left in me- he''d have it, too. And he was right- he could touch me without hurting himself, he touched my face.'
For a fleeting instant, Harry thought he saw a gleam of something like triumph in Dumbledore's eyes. But next second, Harry was sure he had imagined it, for when Dumbledore had returned to his seat behind the desk, he looked as old and weary as Harry had ever seen him"

What's THAT about? Why would Dumbledore look triumphant?
My view is quite separate to Harry's. First of all, his meddling doesn't take into account the human costs that arise, and his motivations I think can be quite insincere. I visualise him as someone whose youth is only held up with his internal struggle to fight/accept the temptation of power.

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
as if it wasn't obvious that sirius was gonna die. as soon as it was announced that one of the main characters was going to die, i knew it would be sirius
hmmm before the book actually came out, i didn't think it was that obvious. most people thought it'd be ron or hermione, or hagrid... there was a big rumour before that it was going to be colin creevey, but JKR wouldn't be that nice :p

even though there were little hints throughout the book, i didn't really guess that it'd be sirius though. i DID think so, for a split second, but then i thought, nah she'd never kill off a character like him - it's like harry's an orphan all over again. i didn't actually cry when sirius fell through the veil, i cried when harry was sitting on the school grounds, thinking. oh yeah, and also when he was looking into the mirror, so hopeful that sirius would appear........

raaaaaah harry you idiot!!! not that i didn't like it, but OoTP is so frustrating :mad:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
hmmm before the book actually came out, i didn't think it was that obvious. most people thought it'd be ron or hermione, or hagrid... there was a big rumour before that it was going to be colin creevey, but JKR wouldn't be that nice :p

even though there were little hints throughout the book, i didn't really guess that it'd be sirius though. i DID think so, for a split second, but then i thought, nah she'd never kill off a character like him - it's like harry's an orphan all over again. i didn't actually cry when sirius fell through the veil, i cried when harry was sitting on the school grounds, thinking. oh yeah, and also when he was looking into the mirror, so hopeful that sirius would appear........

raaaaaah harry you idiot!!! not that i didn't like it, but OoTP is so frustrating :mad:
it had to be sirius. she wouldn't kill off anyone that was too important, ie ron or hermione, dumbledore or hagrid, but it still had to be someone that would have a great effect of harry. sirius was the only way the plot could go

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i agree, although i was a sad little beaver when it happened

and fan fiction is complete shit. specifically because it assumes practically everyone on god's green earth is gay. :rolleyes: yeah, right.

the last laugh
HSC
aahhh yeah i agree with you erin, some fanfics are absolute crap... but you must must must read "irresistible poison" by rhysenn, if you only ever read one fic in your entire life, you must read that one... even if it IS slash :p (rhysenn should thank me for the amount of times i've plugged it on bos :p)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ahem.
MOST fanfics are absolute crap.
but i will check this one out when i don't have an mrp due in 3 days. (says me whilst procrastinating on here :p)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Bubz is right.. Absolute 'must read' fanfic :p
I'm up to Ch 13..Argh its really addicting!!.. but such a beautiful story, I think theres so many wonderful emotions that are explored...

the last laugh
HSC
the draco trilogy isn't bad either, though i've only read draco sinister, and the other one (i think)....

i read up to chapter 11 of DV and cbf to keep reading :p my eyes went completely retarded and resembled this --> ._.

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by eLmo
Bubz is right.. Absolute 'must read' fanfic :p
I'm up to Ch 13..Argh its really addicting!!.. but such a beautiful story, I think theres so many wonderful emotions that are explored...
you should go to rhysenn's site, i think it's rhysenn.morethanart.org (?), find her page on IP and read the alternative ending to chapter 9 :rofl:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
lol I did read that ... quite entertaining :p
..Harry can be so innocent sometimes... like a lost puppy or something along those lines..

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't particularly like fanfics, simply because I think anything besides the real thing is just not right.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i don't like fanfics because i have never been bothered to read them. i don't have the concentration span for that many words on a computer screen. if they were actual books i might consider reading them

Last edited:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
i don't have the concentration span for that many words on a computer screen.
^ neither do I
..but I just printed it out :D ...much better

Silver Rose

I'm not sure if I've said this before in this thread (probably have :p) but the Draco trilogy by Cassandra Claire is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Originally posted by Silver Rose
I'm not sure if I've said this before in this thread (probably have :p) but the Draco trilogy by Cassandra Claire is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
You have :) Im confused though, has it been finished?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)