• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The earth is flat! duh (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
"if it does, it wil probably have almost no effect on the educated anyways like big shit, ether exists. people knew this centuries ago"

Um... it IS big shit, for physicists anyway.
The onyl experiments I know of in relation to what have returned positive results, had error margins that were a lot less than what they should have been. The positive result should've laid within the error margin.

On that note, bring on the experiment :)

jt.

HSC
Thats beyond the point of funny, these people are somewhat depressing.

wanton-wonton

HSC
BrenKHS said:
Michealson and Morley disproved the model later.
One thing I'm not clear about though is that some texts say that Einstein disproved it while some say that it wasn't needed. Two very different things. One says that the ether can not exist while the other states that the ether was no longer necessary needed to explain *insert rubbish here*.

So, which one is correct?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The existence of The Aether was never disproved, Einstein merely stated that it was irrelevant to his theories of relativity.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Xayma said:
The onyl experiments I know of in relation to what have returned positive results, had error margins that were a lot less than what they should have been. The positive result should've laid within the error margin.

On that note, bring on the experiment :)
That's probably because a lot of people are deaf to the idea that ether might actually exist after all.

Exactly. Even if it's wrong, we'll probably get something else out of it. And if it's right... we'll get a lot out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)