• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
channel 10 sucks dewdells :(

HOW THE FUCK DOES IDOL GET PREFERENCE??

yes, i know that the moronic target group of young teenage girls is supposedly powerful...but surely they want to be known for programming with actual shows...not plain crap

argh..fuck you channel 10

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
We are in the minority of people who watch motorsport. But ffs, its fricken Bathurst and Japan! Atleast a few million ppl would watch Bathurst, and a few hundred thousand would watch Japan. I just want to see the signs that the Japanese people say about Button and BAR :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i just get tired of it

i've watched the fucking V8s for like ten years...when they had a field of less than 20 cars, the coverage has been getting sort of better..but they STILL dont reward us with live races (apart from bathurst and the like)

what other shit are they going to show on a sunday arvo?

oh yeh...to solve japan in A1 (or maybe not:S) sato to A1...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
There there braad, I know how you feel :)

I thought that the cut off time for Bathurst was 4:45pm est. Like the other rounds? Last year, I think they squeezed the news and sports tonight into an hour, so they could show the whole F1 race at Japan. It wasn't like last season the championship hadn't be decided by Japan.

All I know, is by the end of october, I'm going to have very very squared eyes.

I'm sure channel 10 would like to show repeats of Australian Idol on Sunday arvo instead.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bathurst doesnt have a limit

they've moved their news before

though this is another one of those AVESCO-type power things....channel ten thinks that motorsport doesnt exist without them, like they made it what it is >.< ARGH YOU DIDNT!! (yes i read the paper today....)

lol, im laughing at my annoyed state...and thats annoying *sigh* :eek:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Wow, your annoyed now! I'd love to see you in a weeks time :)

Well, things can't get any worse on 10, can they :eek:

Why doesn't Bathurst have a limit? It should, every other round has to be finished before 4:45pm. If we miss out on the Bathurst podium because of Japan, I'm walking up the road, to the city, where channel 10 studio is and punching the shit out of everyone there.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
because if they cut off the race at 4:45...they'd be so absolutely fucked

it's a national event, and if they cut it off so they could wrap up something that's not done they would be burnt at the stake (i wish literally)

anyway...cat...please bash them anyway :eek:

say it was me if you have to, as i'll have a water-tight alibi

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
When you put it that way, theres no way they'll cut Bathurst short, even if it does run over time because of weather and safety car periods.

Australia has far too many motorsport events in October. Bathurst next weekend, motogp the weekend after (but I'm not watching that) and Indy in 2 weeks time.

And if they are going to cut Japan, because 1 & 1/2 hours is not enough time for an F1 race. And we miss out on the podium or the really shonky press conferences, I will go on a killing rampage. I think last year, it took 1 hour and 24 minutes to complete the Japanese race. As if 10 will only put 6 minutes of ads in, and Woods won't speak and theres no podium or press conference.

And I'll go and punch the people at channel 10, and I'll blame it all on you :D

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
cape: ads run while the race is on since its live... so they kinda got about 3 minutes for woodsy to crap on and the podium... 3 minutes for ads and the wrap up of the race...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
One word. Bullshit. Japan is not on live. Its delayed. It starts at 3pm est, however, it won't be shown on tv until after Bathurst has finished approximately about 5ish. They say 4:30, but Bathurst never finishes at that time. Which means, as usual, the F1 race will have finished before its broadcasted on channel 10.

The bloody Brazilian national anthem runs longer than 3 minutes, not that a brazilian will win on Sunday :p A nice German and Italian anthem would be nice.

And they usually cut straight from Bathurst to Japan, however, Woodsy doesn't commentate on the V8s anymore. So maybe they'll cut to him before the race starts?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fuck off, cut straight to the warm up lap... we dont need any other shit...
after the race show the interviews... thats it... no fucken podiums... thats a waste of time... and cut bathurst... no one watches that shit... any ads... no one cares for that shit... even the companies paying for it

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They are not fucking cutting Bathurst! If you loved your motorsport, you'd know what Bathurst means. Just because you don't like the V8s, doesn't mean that the hundreds of thousands who attend the event don't, and not to meantion the hundreds of thousands who sit in front of the tv watching it.

Bathurst > Japan. Simple. End of story. As much as I love F1, Bathurst has something unique to it. Maybe I'll take you to the race next year OJ. Then you can experience what its actually about.

Why the fuck can't we have podiums? If Sato got on the podium and they chopped the podium, you'd be running and crying to mummy.

And they have ads for a reason. Geez, I can't be expected to sit in front of the tv for 11 or so hours on Sunday without eating or drinking!

I sound grumpy :s, I'm not angry at you OJ

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i dont like v8s... doesnt do anything for me... i might look into a1... but f1 is for me... moto is quite shit too...
you dont need podiums sinc eyou get to see them during interviews anyways... if they had to cut one which would you choose?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Why don't you like V8s? Don't say they are girly like Zonta did, cause next year, the F1 engines are going to be V8s, whether you like it or not.

I prefer the podium over the press conference. Why? Simple. The podium the driver can congratulate his whole team. Where as in the press conference we don't get the full story. Its more like "Obviously I'm happy, I want to thank my sponsors and the team."

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Rofl F1 has gone pussy. Channel ten should have left F1 to channel nine if they are going to waste 1/3 of a day of TV with V8s.

Edit: If they are going to broadcast Bathurst on the same day as the F1s then they should cross to the F1 live. When the F1 finishes cross back to the V8s...you won't have missed much from the V8s during the 1.5-2.5 hours of F1 anyway.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They are not cutting Bathurst. Full stop end of story. That last hour or last one and a half hours of Bathurst (The final stint) is the most important. Everything can change within that time period, and is often the best section of the race. The final stint is on when Japan starts.

And more happens in 2 hours of V8s than what happens during the fricken whole season of F1 :)

Oh, where's braad, I had a brilliant idea of who can replace Ambrose at the end of the season. Sato! Ambrose and Sato match well together, they both love knocking people off the road to get towards the front :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No braad, its natural for you :p

OMG! My fav soft drink company is looking to get into F1. Coca Cola! Yummo! The problem is, they might be sponsoring williams, which will effectively mean that I am constantly using a product which supports webber. Yuck!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Honda buy out BAR.

Sato has a meeting with an "un-named group" to start a new F1 team. HA! Sato starting a new F1 team. What next? Schumi winning races?!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)