The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

el gwapo

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

well Dennis rarely gets his Finnish drivers wrong. He has a poor record with Latin drivers (Ayrton, JPM, Alonso) but let's hope Heikki won't be a prima donna whinger who lets his speed do the talking.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Ofcourse you'd say it looks awesome!

ObjectsInSpace said:
Don't make comparisons between it and the BMWs. I've killed before; I'll kill again.

That is all.
It looks like the BMW and the driver suits look like Red Bull :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It looks better than the Ferraris!

I'm saying this on the basis that Honda are actualy getting behind a worthwhile cause with their sponsorship - financial black hole that it is - rather than advertising cancer sticks to make a quick buck.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Since when has the Ferrari been a good looking car?

Mclaren > Ferrari :uhhuh:
The chrome design they have is absolutely stunning!

Good looks don't win races.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

They're all doing better than Renault; the R28 is really just the R27 v3.11 ... the only major change to the car is that the cockpit has been reinforced in keeping with new safety rules. "Ferdinand Alzondo" (as they called him on the morning news) seems to have made another terminal mistake going back to a team running last year's car.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I suspect like a lot of cars, theres more changes inside than outside, given that we are on the second(?) year of the current aero rules.

Alonso will do better at home at Renault than he'll ever do at Mclaren (for whatever reasons unfolded last year).

Still love the livery ... its just too bad Heikki still isn't there :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
I suspect like a lot of cars, theres more changes inside than outside, given that we are on the second(?) year of the current aero rules.

Alonso will do better at home at Renault than he'll ever do at Mclaren (for whatever reasons unfolded last year).

Aero was the R27's major problem. While they made some headway in the second half of the season, they were having as many problems as Honda.

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC

At least Honda will be looking good, because they won't be going fast. :p

Hooray for another driving living off his fathers name and wealth, Nelson Piquet Jr.

I can forgive all that though, because of no Ralf Schumacher in 2008 :)

I hope Sebastien Bourdais does well. Will look good for the likes of Will Power who have been able to be reasonably competitve with him throughout 2007.
Bourdais must have some serious cash though, 2 years in Formula Renault, 2 in formula 3 and 3 years in Formula 3000.

Webber also better do something special this year, he isn't getting any younger. As long as the red bull holds together, we should expect a few more podiums :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It's a shame Force India are going to be up the back this year because their cars actually look really sexy in that livery. It's predominatley white, with gold along the ides and tungsten highlights. There aren't really any side-on shots, but you can (kind of) see the car on the team's official website. There's a video of the launch posted online, but you don't see the car until sixteen minutes in and it's difficult to get a good look as the video is grainy and there's an accompanying laser light show to make thingseven more difficult.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Is there any livery that you don't find very sexy, apart from Ferrari? :rolleyes::)

lachlan43

Ask whether they think the 1992 Larrousse livery was sexy. If they think it was, then we definitely know that they think all livery bar Ferrari's is sexy. :D

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
Is there any livery that you don't find very sexy, apart from Ferrari? :rolleyes::)
Uh, Renault. Last year's Spyker. Red Bull.

What was I supposed to say? Start going on about the aero features? It's last year's car and while it might have some modifications, no-one had the sense to take some side-on shots so we could see them!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Nothing wrong with Renaults livery, well, except for the overalls this year; same with red bull, I like the pin stripe.

You could have begun taking bets as to who is going to buy the team next, and what it would be called next year :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Well the Russians are apparently looking at buying in Super Agrui. Not the midland consortium, but apparently there's a bunch of them considering it.

Aguri would be a better investment than Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force India.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Not exactly the "launch" but still ... those side shots of FIFI you've been waiting for :p

Click
Click

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I've changed my mind; they don't look sexy from the side at all. It's probably the sheer lack of sponsor decals and while some may argue that the sport is too commercial, the Force India cars look like the 2002 Jordans when EJ ran both his cars in a single colour.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Atleast the Jordon was a completely different colour to all the other cars on the grid, unlike today's must include red/white liveries :)

F2001

HSC

Cape said:

There lots of changes to the nose and susp geometry+weight distribution.

ObjectsInSpace said:
Aero was the R27's major problem. While they made some headway in the second half of the season, they were having as many problems as Honda.
Aero was more of a problem with the tunnel and the way the bridgestone tyres deflect and direct warm air. Weight distribution was the major one, so desperate they put weights in the front wing etc which is not ideal (not the lowest cog, like a quick fix chop job solution)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)