The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Are you coming to Melbourne too, oj? I'll give you free accommodation if you come. Good thing someone has relos down in Melbourne :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
Are you coming to Melbourne too, oj? I'll give you free accommodation if you come. Good thing someone has relos down in Melbourne :)
Nothing's ever free, OJ. She'll take every opportunity to upbraid you and speak blasphemy about who you support. Ain't worth it, IMHO.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

You talk a load of bull.

1 week until Monza :(
Ferrari's driver line up releaved after the race :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

Cape said:
id like to but im currently and will most likely in the future, be financially strained. ill let you know if i do go though....

kimi and massa look like the new red team

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I disagree with you oj.

I'm hoping that its the KR / MS dream team next season. The two best drivers in the current field. They'd slaughter the opposition next season.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

6pm Monza time = 2am Aussie time, Ferrari will hold a press conference announcing their 2007 drivers.

Kovalainen replaces Alonso at Renault - not really a big surprise.
Flavio to stay until the end of 2008.

Renault won't be too threatening next season with fisi and kovalainen.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Don't write Renault off so quickly Cape; Kovalainen is pretty much untested and might just be the next Alonso or Schumacher or Schumacher or Hakkinen.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

This pretty much confirms that Kimi is coming to Ferrari.

If this is the case, then its highly likely that Michael will retire at the end of the season. Kimi being Ferrari's replacement for Michael.

Although, there is a slim chance that Michael will still be around next year.
Which is sad :(

I would not be too quick to put Kovalainen in the same class as Schumacher and those other donkeys that you meantioned. Although flabbio has a talent for spotting donkeys :)

2007 will be renaults rebuild year, as they build Kovalainen into a WDC, afterall, they have lost their current donkey of a driver.

Its going to be a long weekend :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Cape said:
This pretty much confirms that Kimi is coming to Ferrari.
Uh, how? Renault's driver lineup has nothing to do with Ferrari's other than the fact that one Renault driver is moving to McLaren and one McLaren driver is still looking for a job next year. Ferrari could easily retain the services of Schumacher and Massa and Kimi could be left out in the cold, move to a testing role (they'd be nuts to do that to him though) or join an as-yet-unnamed third team. Don't jump to conclusions, Cape.
Cape said:
If this is the case, then its highly likely that Michael will retire at the end of the season. Kimi being Ferrari's replacement for Michael.

Although, there is a slim chance that Michael will still be around next year.
Which is sad :(
Can you say "about bloody time!"?
Cape said:
I would not be too quick to put Kovalainen in the same class as Schumacher and those other donkeys that you meantioned. Although flabbio has a talent for spotting donkeys :)
I didn't put him in the same class as Schumacher. You really need to learn to read my posts properly; I said Kovalainen is an untried talent and he's being given a drive in a Big Three team. Evidently, the kid is made of something special; Schumacher started with Jordan, Alonso with European Minardi, etc. Mind you, newcomers who start running with the big boys usually pale over time compared to those who start with the Kindergarten Class; Montoya springs to mind, as does Schumacher Jnr. (started in a Williams, went to Jordan and Toyota, both perennial midfielders). The only real exception to the rule is Kimi Rakikonen, who started in a McLaren.
Cape said:
2007 will be renaults rebuild year, as they build Kovalainen into a WDC, afterall, they have lost their current donkey of a driver.

Its going to be a long weekend :(
I don't think it will be so much a "rebuild" year, but more of a "consolidation" year. I'm bemused as to why Flavio kept Fisichella, I find the Italian to be mediocre. His place could have been much better spent on someone like Webber who has been far more consistent than Fisi (assuming his car is feeling agreeable). That said, Flavio would want a familiar face around for when Kovalainen steps up to the plate, someone the mechanics know well and a kind of menotr to the young Finn.

My pick for next year is that we'll possibly see the emergence of another Big Team. I don't know what Jenson is doing, but he's finally proved himself, and BAR will spearhead the effort for a new Big Team. Another possible - but remote - entrant into this little elite fraternity would be Red Bull as Coultard has proven he can do things with the RBR chassis and Webber is excellent when on form, which the RBR team is. That said, they're still in their youth and I find it highly ironic that Webber jumed the Jaguar ship only to end up back on it a few years later witha new lick of paint and a new donk in the back.

Shame we can't have the Austrian race back; Red Bull ripped up the pits and grandstands of the A1-Ring (now Red Bull Ring) and started building a western extension to make the races more exciting. Environmental protesters waited until the opportune moment - the destruction of the pits and grandstand - before protesting and winning the ensuring court case, meaning Red Bull can't build on the track and they can't hold races there any more (which was the intention of the protestors). A traversety now stands in the place of the legendary Osterrichring (sp?).

shawn89

HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
Shame we can't have the Austrian race back; Red Bull ripped up the pits and grandstands of the A1-Ring (now Red Bull Ring) and started building a western extension to make the races more exciting. Environmental protesters waited until the opportune moment - the destruction of the pits and grandstand - before protesting and winning the ensuring court case, meaning Red Bull can't build on the track and they can't hold races there any more (which was the intention of the protestors). A traversety now stands in the place of the legendary Osterrichring (sp?).
Damn protestors.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

im curious to see whos gonna be taking the next mclaren seat. in a way, id like to see schumi stay and let kimi stay at mclaren... but i got a feeling kimi wont be staying and theyll get a young un to replace him.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Test driver Pedro de la Rosa is tipped to be second to Alonso. That would make two Spanish drivers in an English team that was started by a New Zealander running with German engines.

Now that's multiculturalism!

ohdato

HSC

The A1 Ring paragraph :O some poeple need a hobby.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

He has a hobby. Its called nitpicking everything I say.

Kimi is never ever ever ever going to be a test driver. Ferrari have wanted him ever since 2001.
It really depends on what Michael wants to do. My head is telling me that he will retire, but my heart wants him to stay on, but there is also his family to think about. They are still young, and Corrinna will have a big impact on his decision.

Massa could move to Mclaren or Torro Rosso (I'm pretty sure they are the only teams with seats left).

Renaults announcement does confirm that Kimi is coming to Ferrari, renault wanted someone to replace donkey boy, Kimi was on their shopping list. Kimi will be stupid to stay at mclaren.

Fisi is only signed for 1 year, so one of renaults new testers to get a promotion to race driver next season.

Next year will be a red wash - equal to 2004. Especially with everyone moving to bridgestones.

ERM ... Ralfie started in a jordan - 1997. And Kimi started in a sauber (Ferrari engines, see the link :p) in 2001. You really need to check your history about drivers.

I miss the A1 ring too :(

Urgh, thats all I can be bothered writing about, I wonder if this place is open to watch practice and qualifying :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC

Cape said:
He has a hobby. Its called nitpicking everything I say.
ha...glad someone took over

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

So wheres the lazy bludger?
Ie: He knows who he is!!!

I'm going to miss qualifying *cries*

Tomorrow is the big announcement =/

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I assume you're referring to me? It's Parent's Weekend; I was forced to drive all the way home and back yesterday, have to do it all over again tomorrow and today and tonight are being spent in and around college with my parents.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Yes, I'm referring to you :p

omg! I can go and meet your parents :p

Actually, are you watching qualifying tonight? If you are, can you tell me who is on pole? Everything is bloody shut and I'm in civic video which closes at 9:30 :(

OH FUCK! ITS BLOODY POURING!!!! ARGH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)