The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Team 1A

HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Hey ObjectsInSpace,
I got a nice look at that Honda you like so much at the start of the race hahah. I even smiled when Albers passed someone, even if they were not moving.
And Cape,
Your right, put Hamo in a Spyker and he will be hopeless. But then again so would of Kimi!
Don't be suprised if Kubica is back for USA. He will be working flat out to get back in the car on time. Time will soon tell.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Well, it's pretty much official: India is getting a Grand Prix from 2009. The deal's done, the contract signed, but there's already skepticism about it. The idea of a street circuit has apparently been vetoed in favour of a permanent circuit, but so far the Indian Government has no idea where it will go, let alone have some kind of plan for it. Track guru (read: public enemy number one) Hermann Tilke will probably design it, but unless he's got something lying around ("Here's one I prepared earlier"), the project could be in trouble; China threw millions of yuan and workers at the Shanghai circuit, and while labour probably isn't an issue in India, funding could very well be as there's no indication as to how much support the Indian government is lending. Even with an nigh-on-unlimited budget, time is probably going to be the event's biggest enemy because it's going to take almost two years to build it (that said, Abu Dhabi have to build the island their circuit will be on and they've got the same two-year timetable ...).

el gwapo

HSC

i missed the Canadian GP, on the long weekend due to sickness, now I'll miss this due to assessments the next day... probably the fastest two weeks of F1, both tracks have long straights..plus both tracks have very little, or none if i'm not mistaken, Tilke influence

Lewis in a Spyker..... he won't score points but he'll be performing better than Sutl, let us use Alonso in a Minardi 2001 as an example, not the best car, in fact the worst car that year but talent shone like diamonds in a coalmine.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

There you go jas, Honda B car to be introduced at the Jerez test next week :)
However, most of the teams will be testing at Silverstone, except for Honda and Super Aguri.

Is someone keeping a record on the amount of new tracks signed for 2008/2009?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Thank the stars! Maybe we can score some points!

Random trivia: Sebastien vettel now holds the record for shortest time taken to earn a fine, being charged $1000 for speeding in pit lane just nine seconds into his Formula One career.

As for the circuits, here's how it stands:

- Valencia Street Circuit
- Singapore Street Circuit

- Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
- Indian Grand Prix
- New home for the French Grand Prix (possibly in Paris, near EuroDisney or Charles de Gaulle Airport)

- South Korean Grand Prix

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

And the winner is ...

CHRISTJIAN ALBERS!

Nah, just kidding. It was Hamilton.
But as you're a Ralf fan, I'm curious, Cape. How do you justify him staying in a racing seat at all after he took both Coulthard and Barichello out at the first corner through his stupidity? You were the one who was always shouting praise at the man, largely because he was the brother of Michael, right?

I figure Ralf can pretty much kiss his contract good-bye after that little incident (not to mention running stone cold last at Monaco after announcing he was the "third best driver in the sport"). I'm sorry you'll lose your drive, Ralf, but you never were a good driver. Actually ... on second thoughts, I'm not sorry to see you go at all. Give me your drive or something.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Oh way to spoil it :( Here I was thinking Albers won :(

At the moment, I can't justify Ralfie being in F1 with silly mistakes like that. He does outrace trulli, but because qualifying these days is essentially a race, trulli out races him :(

The hell you could drive any better, you'd probably be the equivelant of Ide :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I have 13 races' experience at Mario Kart 64. Does that count?

Team 1A

HSC

Go Vettel!
Even thought he looks like he should still be at school :) I met him at the GP this year and got my picture with him, he is only a small whipper snapper but knows how to drive. One to watch in future.
Kimi also looks to be on the ropes. Kiss goodbye to the Championship this year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Mario Kart?

Oh come on, when you get lapped, your going to slip on a banana and take the front runners out!

Yep, Vettel is one to watch. Too bad he's under BMW contract until 2009 and owned by Red Bull. Ferrari should snap him up :)

el gwapo

HSC

Hmm... Vettel? He's German I presume, there's quite a lot of 'German pretenders' to the mantle Schumacher (Michael, not "Top 3 Driver" Ralf) has left. Heidfeld, Sutl, Vettel, also that Hulkenberg bloke, making waves some category, was it GP2?

To quote Homer Simpson, in reference to Lewis Hamilton "You the man, man. I believe you can fly"

Granted his path has been quicker than Button's, but possibly within 4 months he has re-ignited Britain's slumbering passion for Formula One.

There sure is a lot of new GP's popping up soon, I see 5 there, this means there would be 3-4 to be cut. 17 this year is quite a small number of GPs, but in years gone by it would've been the cap. Quite frankly I don't know how Singapore got a Grand Prix. Maybe it's because I'm turning into an "old-school" fan, where everything 'back then' used to be good. What happened to Suzuka? Where are the Minardi's you can cheer for now? The good ol' days where you moaned too many times on how Schumacher won, and you prayed for something to fall off on his car.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I think of the German drivers you listed, Heidfeld (or Heidi Nickfeld as we call him) and Vettel have what it takes. BMW Sauber is long overdue for their maiden win; those two are the drivers who can deliver.

Also, Button's career has been marked by a few mishaps. Frank Williams cut him loose after 2000 and he landed in a Benneton team in crisis. Then he was bumped sideways by Briatore in favour of Alonso, who had always been the favoured son. He signed for Williams in 2006 and then backed out when he felt the team was not as promising as it had been. Normally drivers can do that, but not to Sir Frank, who always has watertight contracts. Honda paid Button's $30 million, which the Briton is paying back by taking a pay cut, which probably serves for a very good pair of golden handcuffs. Basically, he's gone from one mess to the next (just like me, which is why I support him so much). Talent-wise, I think he's on par with Massa, Alonso and the like, he's just being let down by his hardware. If Button is really going to perform, he needs a solid team behidn him. Like BMW Sauber; I believe Kubica's contract is up for renewal at the end of the year and while he occasionally shines, I don't think they'll take him on again. If BMW's lawyers can work it - and rumours suggest they're looking into it - Button may end up there. But it will be the second time in as many years that he's bailed on a contract, which will give him a bit of a reputation and if he doesn't work out at Sauber, he won't be getting another drive.

As for Grands Prix being cut, it's not going to happen. We've had 19 GPs in a season; with France going on sabbatical next year, we'll only be having 18. Singapore landed the contract for two reasons: A) Mr. E goes where the money is and B) it's a well-known fact that he's been looking for more street circuits for years. As for Suzuka, the circuits work on a contractual basis like the drivers. When Suzuka's came up for renewal, Fuji put forth their own tender, which proved more appealing than Suzuka's. Again, it's the money thing. However, with Valencia running the European Grand Prix next season, there's talk of resurrecting the old Pacific Grand Prix and holding it at Suzuka owing to the circuit's popularity.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I'm surprised Cape isn't in here gloating over Raikkonen's win. She used to hate him with a passion when he was at McLaren; the moment he moved to the Prancing Stallion she was full of nothing but praise for him.

Anyway, Honda finally scored a point, with JB coming home 8th. He was running as high as 5th for the first half of the race, but he hadn't pitted by then. He was right when he said the car has pace over a lap; now they just need four points to beat the Aguris (how embarrassing would it be if they lost to their own B-team?) ...

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

woo long time since i dropped in here.
anyways. is anyone still part of that F1Tipping comp started over a yr ago ?? haha

Team 1A

HSC

Hows Davison "racing incident" lol, and Trullis stupid move at the start. Thought Trulli was a bit more experienced than that.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

I'm surprised Cape hasn't pounced on Stepney-gate as the reason for Ferrari's lacklustre showing in the past few races (bar, of course, Magny-Cours).

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
I'm surprised Cape isn't in here gloating over Raikkonen's win...
It's okay.. I'll do the gloating for her :D .. what a great race! ..It's so good to see Kimi winning for a change, I thought perhaps he would have yet another year of bad luck.. but we musn't speak too soon.. Hamilton is still leading by so much ..
Anyway just wanted to share my excitment with Kimi winning 2 races in a row (finally) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)