The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
re: The Official F1 Thread

Albers got fired!

It's not because he's been underperforming - but that incident with the fuel rig in France doesn't exactly help him out - but because one of his sponsors didn't pay up, so Spyker had no choice but to terminate his contract. Looks like he was a pay driver all along. There's no word as to who will replace him - probably test driver Giedo van der Garde - but there was speculation that either Albers or Ralf Schumacher would go this year. It was just a question as to who would get their P-45s first.

Team 1A

HSC

ObjectsInSpace said:
Albers got fired!

It's not because he's been underperforming - but that incident with the fuel rig in France doesn't exactly help him out - but because one of his sponsors didn't pay up, so Spyker had no choice but to terminate his contract. Looks like he was a pay driver all along. There's no word as to who will replace him - probably test driver Giedo van der Garde - but there was speculation that either Albers or Ralf Schumacher would go this year. It was just a question as to who would get their P-45s first.
Haha he was obviously a pay driver. Drivers with talent don't make so many stupid mistakes and are so slow.
As to who I have to support now :( I don't know. Heikki Kovalainen maybe! And for my autographed spyker shirt = worthless? haha
Hows that new McLaren motorhome! Unreal!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I'm surprised Cape isn't in here gloating over Raikkonen's win.
I'm surprised Cape hasn't pounced on Stepney-gate
Are you missing me or something :confused: :confused: :confused: You know some of us have been busy.

Elmo, is that what I think it is in your sig, do I see a Ferrari in your sig :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyways, Klein to get Albers drive :)

Oh, and Indy has been dropped :( Manufacturers won't be impressed at all about that move. Thankyou Bernie, go and build a flashy new circuit on some oil :)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

Alonso to leave McLaren if team found guilty
"Fernando Alonso could choose to leave McLaren if the Mercedes-powered team is penalised by the FIA next Thursday. A clause in the Spaniard's three-year contract allows the agreement to be broken if his reputation or image is damaged through an action of the team, according to the newspaper Diario As.

Ron Dennis-led McLaren faces an extraordinary hearing of the World Motor Sport Council next week for, regarding the Stepney-gate spy scandal, allegedly breaching Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

The Article relates to "any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally", allowing the FIA to apply penalties ranging from fines to disqualification."

..Anyway it will be interesting to see how events pan out ..

And yes cape I said I would support ferrari if Kimi moved :) like it? :p ..

Team 1A

HSC

And where exactly would Alonso go? McLaren is by far his best option to win another world championship.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

go back to renault and dream.

naw.

mclaren has a pretty good car.. hamiltons a gun.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

The only other option is Ferrari, and chances are they're not recruiting any time soon. And Hamilton wiped out in Qualifying. Fortuantely he's alright, but he'll be starting in tenth place. However, he does get a chance to prove how good he really is.

And after placing 9th and 10th and then 9th and 11th in practice, Honda have qualified down in 14th and 18th-ish ...

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

3 laps on. 7 cars slide off turn one.

:/ red flag? hope not...

OMG HAHAHA. those cars are still running. :D

... could the safety car possibly slide off? :p

haha... the f1 cars can't keep up with the safety car... meh.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Oh, JB! You were in a great position there! This could have been another Hungary '06 where you won under similar conditions ...

Anyway, congratualtions to Mark Webber for finally getting on the podium.

Team 1A

HSC

Thoes first couple of laps were enjoyable to watch haahaha. Poor old Kimi missing the pit entry :p

Hows a Spyker actually leading a race, without pitstops coming into account etc.!!!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC

yeah. how good was alonso's pass..

is he gonna get penalised for that pit drama he had?

:p im a ferrai supporter. duh

and yeh. good on webber. finally!

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

What an exciting race! .. Too bad for kimi though :( .. his German curse still holds..

I thought it was all over for Webber when ITV said he had it in the bag on the last corner and then he slowed right down :eek: ..but yes he finally got a podium spot! Well done to Webber!!

Seeing Winkelhock leading was amazing too.. hmm to bad it didn't last long, it would have been nice for him to have actually finished the race..

::On another note.
Australia has lost its place as the curtain raiser to the F1 season! (Bahrain will now host the first race of the season)

"The Australian Grand Prix Corporation have announced that the March 16 event, held in Melbourne's Albert Park, will be the second race on next year's calendar, and will also start 90 minutes later than usual - at 3.30pm local time - to accommodate European TV audiences."

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

*Shrugs*

Hey, we've still got a race, haven't we? Not like Scott Speed, who probably won't be around at STR for much longer, it seems. I can't find the link, but I know he's been butting heads with team principal Franz Tost all too often, and he may not have a race seat come Hungary. There's no word on where he would go should that happen - there's always IRL, CART, NASCAR or even a Toyota drive if the Japanese manufacturer is unhappy with Ralf and drops him - nor is there any indication as to who will fill the number nineteen seat. If Speed does race at the Hungaroring, I can't see him having a race seat with Toro Rosso at the end of the season.

Team 1A

HSC

Because Americans cant drive.
And yes, we still have a round - but its not as good as being the season opener. Being the first to meet the new drivers and see the new cars is awesome. Actually the new drivers sign alot of autographs, and by the second race they probabally over it :(

el gwapo

HSC

Team 1A said:
Thoes first couple of laps were enjoyable to watch haahaha. Poor old Kimi missing the pit entry :p

Hows a Spyker actually leading a race, without pitstops coming into account etc.!!!
He got caught out, probably too fast. Can't blame him to be unlucky in that regard, it was raining and he went too fast. But the Nurburgring curse hangs over him again. Never been a good track for him. He lost crucial WDC points in 2003, where he was winning. Then the puncture, then the crappy Mclaren. I've got more than suspicion that he overdrives the car. These are strange occurances that his 246 is failing a lot more than Massa's, and that Mclaren's mechanical retirements have decreased since his departure

Wow, Mark Webber finished a race. That was nuts. But for Aussie motoring success, see Stoner, Casey.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Scott Speed has joined Chritjian Albers in being given his P-45s. Toro Rosso released him from his contract overnight, replacing him with BMW-Sauber's third driver, Sebastian Vettel (who started karting with Red Bull Sponsorship).

Elsewhere, Max Mosley has referred the Ferrari-McLaren spy row to the court of appeals, which is bad news for both Alonso and Hamilton as the court of appeals could overturn the FIA's decision and exclude McLaren from the 2007 and 2008 championships. However, Mike Coughlan acquired Ferrari's data after the McLaren MP-4/22 had been built ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Wow.

This season has suddenly became interesting.

No points for Macca this race. Too bad Ferrari and Massa had a perfect opportunity to eat into Macca's lead, but the idiots forgot to refuel the car :rolleyes:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Speculation is rife that 'Nando is going to jump ship. Apparently Ron Dennis is quite pissed off with both his drivers for their antics during qualifying and has told Alonso that they can release him from his three-year contract at the end of this yaer if he wants. No idea as to where he'd go, but rumour points to a Ferrari or BMW drive or a return to Renault. I'd say Flav's team is probably the most likely (and hopefully he'd replace Ginacaro Fisichella, who I think is one of the most over-rated on the grid; if Kovalainen wanted to learn to win he should have partnered Alonso, but no, he's just learning to drive).

Anyway, there's reports Ferrari are going to try and lure Lewis Hamilton away from McLaren at the end of the year to replace Felipe Massa. Apparently they seem him as heir apparent (funny, I've heard that term applied to Massa ...) to Michael Schumacher. Hamilton is apparently earning just 250,000 pounds this year, and the Maranello paymasters have been ordered to up the ante to somewhere are seventeen million pounds (the Iceman is paid twnety-two million). However, I can't see Hamilton simply going without a fight. McLaren are going to fight tooth and nail to keep the wonderkid and while he might only be paid a quarter of a million this year, you can expect that figure to rise exponentially for 2008 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)