The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Wow the 2009 cars looks so ugly compared to last years. What a shame.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Yes Webber is a champion. Go Webber.

I don't think the cars are that ugly personally. They're different. That's all. :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

The tiny wings look lame. Seriously last years cars looked way nicer.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Hey! What the...?

You know as well as anybody that Webber ranks right down there with Hamilton on my stalking list!
Really? Then why are you a member of his fan forums? And why were you not only driving a Red Bull in that last BATracer game we were both in, but also willing to drive it when we were going to partner up?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Really? Then why are you a member of his fan forums? And why were you not only driving a Red Bull in that last BATracer game we were both in, but also willing to drive it when we were going to partner up?
If you must know, I'm a member of the forum because the guys who started the forum, I knew off another forum and they invited me over. I'm just there to cause trouble :)

And about Batracer, I've had some pretty good races in the Red Bull car, thats why I like it. I choose that if I can't get the Renault. And then theres the cherrypicking system in place when we were going to team up, and I don't think I had used the Red Bull for a while.

Your reading too much into things :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

And you're being awfully defensive about it all.

Anyway, Honda have admitted that one of their potential buyers is none other than Richard Branson's Virgin Group. I can just see it now:

"We apologise for the delay, Ladies and Gentlemen - Jenson was due to arrive in Parc Fermé at 1535, but will now be arriving at approximately 1550. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to your support again sometime soon."

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

The tiny wings look lame. Seriously last years cars looked way nicer.
mehh, last year's cars did look nicer, for sure.
i suppose i've just been excited about the rule changes and the exciting racing they'll hopefully bring. i'd take a car 10x uglier for 10x more exciting racing.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

And you're being awfully defensive about it all.

Anyway, Honda have admitted that one of their potential buyers is none other than Richard Branson's Virgin Group. I can just see it now:

"We apologise for the delay, Ladies and Gentlemen - Jenson was due to arrive in Parc Fermé at 1535, but will now be arriving at approximately 1550. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to your support again sometime soon."
Nah, not really. Just telling how it is.

Glad that theres someone other than that American team wanting to buy Honda, I can't stand the thought of Danica being anywhere near an F1 car.

Oh, and look what I have: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/16/grandprixticketsmd0.jpg

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Glad that theres someone other than that American team wanting to buy Honda, I can't stand the thought of Danica being anywhere near an F1 car.
Actually, USF1 isn't looking to buy Honda. They're looking to field their on team by 2010, using a car designed, developed and entirely built within the States. There was some speculation that they might buy Honda, but that would just lead to another MasterCard-Lola fiasco. They want to take this seriously, because they want Formula One in America to be a serious thing.

And what's wrong with Danica? It's not like she's prettier than you, so you can't hate her for that ...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

I haven't seen much of Danica's driving (because channel 7 never showed champ cars much); but from the little I've seen and read, her road driving leaves a lot to be desired for. I've even read reports that in 2010 that she'll be heading to nascar.

The only reason why she has got this far is because she is willing to have photoshoots for sports illustrated.

Theres a whole pile of female drivers who have more talent than her, they just don't do the photoshoots. For example, the best Australian female driver, Leanne Tander, you don't see her once a month with half her overalls down ... yet she is highly recognised in Aus, and some parts of the world (even if I dislike her husband).

I just don't like Danica :)

el gwapo

HSC

The Newey designed RBR looks like a throwback to pre-1998 vehicles.

Regarding Danica Patrick.... she hasn't done anything to merit an F1 drive. If you want to pluck out an American based driver to race F1 you have to think about the Kiwi Dixon, maybe down the line Scott Speed (again) and Allmendinger (used to race CWC, then moved to NASCAR)

I'm going to miss the old rear wings, and so will sponsors.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Well, Honda have been saved. They agreed to a management buy-out by Nick Fry and Ross Brawn overnight, and the team is likely to show up with a Mercedes-powered chassis at the Silverstone test over the next few weeks, as well as two in Spain. They currently do not have a name, although some articles are reporting "Brackley F1" is a possibility.

While Honda are pretty much screwed for this year, they're not completely boned. They gave up development of the RA108 very early in the year so they could concentrate on developing a chassis to 2009 regulations, and if it were not for their constant troubles, they would have been the first to produce a working KERS unit (instead, BMW-Sauber got that honour). They've apparently been working away on the car for some time; management's line seems to have been "assume we'll make it to Melbourne".

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It has been officially confirmed that The Team Formerly Known As Honda will now be racing under the name Brawn GP, obviously named for new team principle Ross Brawn (no word on how Nick Fry factors into all of this), and will be powered by the same Mercedes-Benz engines used by McLaren and Force India. The BGP-001 will make its on-track debut at Jerez on Monday, as will the STR4 (Brawn and Toro Rosso being the only teams yet to unveil their 2009 challengers).

In other news, the RB5 was recently sighted sporting a massive shark fin; so big that it actually connects to the centre of the rear wing I hope Red Bull find it offers no aerodynamic value or the FIA rule it illegal, because shark fins are even uglier than Williams' infamous walrus-nose back in 2004 (but not as bad as Honda's elephant ears in 2007 which were mercifully dropped, and has anyone else noticed how all these parts seem to get animal names attached to them?)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Ah, it looks like you still have a team to support!
Still no word on what Fry's role will be, but this is an interesting article: 'Disappearing' Nick Fry 'marginalised' at Brawn GP? | Formula One News | Crash.Net It will be interesting to see how much Brawn can turn around the team formerly known as Honda....

This week is the final test before the season begins, and the final test of 2009. Should be interesting to see where all the teams stand before Aus. Also the STR4 is released tonight.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

It will be interesting to see how much Brawn can turn around the team formerly known as Honda....
Well, JB toped the timing sheets at Barcelona for most of yesterday. It wasn't unil the end of the day that he got pipped for fourth ... I don't know what Brawn has done, but it's clearly good!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Hmm ... we shall see. I like a lot of people are very confused about Mclarens lack of pace, again they are twaddleing down the bottom of the time sheets. I really hope they have built a shit car again, just so I can see Lewis chuck his toys out of the pram, but I rather like a good Ferrari/Mclaren battle.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

That's because McMerc have been running an '08-spec wing for "testing purpses" (ie testing the effects of the new front end), as well as running 2010-spec tyres. They've also made a few modifications to the undercarriage, carving a pair of triangular recesses into it to improve airflow.

walkahz

HSC

I hope F1 is a bit more exiting this year. i might actually watch it when one is up and running.
on a side note who else would like to see an F1 car with no restrictions (e.g. built using all the innovations which have since been banned like ground effects and turbo)
i think it would be awsome to see and interesting to see how much faster the cars could be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)