The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
re: The Official F1 Thread

Luck played a big part in Hamilton's race, but skill played an even bigger part. Shit car, but we went from dead last to 3rd. I don't like him much, but damnit he's got a helluva lot of skill.

COMPARISONS BETWEEN SENNA AND HAMILTON AND JUSTIFIED :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

No they're not. Senna was magic in the wet, especially at Monaco. All it did last year was spit a little and they were referring to Hamilton as the Brazilian reincarnated. Luck had a hell of a lot to do with Hamilton's race today because the safety car Nakajima triggered meant he could get off the super soft tyres without losing too much in the way of road position.

It would suck if the Brawns, Williams-es and Toyotas were thrown out a ttheappeal, because that would mean Hamilton would win this race, and what would have been one of the most memorable of all time would go down as one of the most controversail. However, since those three teams aren't racing under appeal, their results are secured.

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad

webber said that he lost all downforce on his car after rubens forgot to notice the massive blue formula one car to his right hand side.
Barrichello doesn't deserve 2nd place he caused two collisions and fluked second place. He ruined Webber's race :(
NO!!! Webber deserved better

But he'll be back !!!! :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Uh, Kovalainen cause the first-corner accident. He hit Barrichello, who collected Webber, who proceeded to take out the last domino in the line, Nick Heidfeld.

Barrichello wholly deserved that second place: he managed to remain competitive in what was essentially a broken car. The fact that the front wing can now be legally adjusted is what saved him; by tweaking it a little, he was able to compensate for losing the front-left corner. He also had a damaged diffuser courtesy of Kovalainen.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

No they're not. Senna was magic in the wet, especially at Monaco. All it did last year was spit a little and they were referring to Hamilton as the Brazilian reincarnated. Luck had a hell of a lot to do with Hamilton's race today because the safety car Nakajima triggered meant he could get off the super soft tyres without losing too much in the way of road position.

It would suck if the Brawns, Williams-es and Toyotas were thrown out a ttheappeal, because that would mean Hamilton would win this race, and what would have been one of the most memorable of all time would go down as one of the most controversail. However, since those three teams aren't racing under appeal, their results are secured.
Wouldn't totally suck because if what I've read is accurate, the RBR would be the fastest car on the grid (oh hai der Newey).

GET 'EM WEBBER!

(hint: i'm secretly hoping that the diffusers are banned, although i know it ain't gonna happen)

monesh

HSC

webber is fucken shit
he performed well in like his first race in australia in F1 like a 3rd or something, other then that he is fucken shit (in the world of F1 drivers offcourse)

walkahz

HSC

webber is fucken shit
he performed well in like his first race in australia in F1 like a 3rd or something, other then that he is fucken shit (in the world of F1 drivers offcourse)
I wouldnt say that. Webber is reguarded as one of the best f1 drivers to have never won a gp. He has also been in some truely shit cars.
Either way he is the only hope australia has at the moment as an F1 driver. there are not many good up and coming drivers who have both the money, skill, dedcation and also is the right age. ( i can think of one in james kovacic who even comes close to having all these).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

Wouldn't totally suck because if what I've read is accurate, the RBR would be the fastest car on the grid (oh hai der Newey).

GET 'EM WEBBER!

(hint: i'm secretly hoping that the diffusers are banned, although i know it ain't gonna happen)
Even if it does get banned, I think Brawn are still going to be quick. It's stuck me as very odd that a car should be fast solely because of he very last end of its body. No, a lot of Bran's speed comes from their front end.

And I think Webber is very much in danger of being stood up by Sebastian Vettel.

I wouldnt say that. Webber is reguarded as one of the best f1 drivers to have never won a gp. He has also been in some truely shit cars.
Either way he is the only hope australia has at the moment as an F1 driver. there are not many good up and coming drivers who have both the money, skill, dedcation and also is the right age. ( i can think of one in james kovacic who even comes close to having all these).
Webber is a lot like Button: he keeps getting shafted. Button had a bad time of it in the Williams in his debut season; Webber obviously struggled in the Minardi. Button could only land a role in the lacklustre Bennetton and then got pushed aside when Briatore started playing favourites with an as-yet-untested Alonso; Webber was in a Jaguar that was never competitive and signed on for Williams in one of the most abysmal seasons Sir Frank's boys have ever seen. Button was stuck in a Honda that had relibality issues that meant it would never real its full potential (his Hungarian win was the product of an incredibly audacious strategy and a bit of luck); Webber has been in the quick-but-stunningly-unreliable Red Bull for a few years now. So they're not all that different from one another, and ironically they don't like each other.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

^ Lettme guess ... your happy that the team formerly known as Honda absolutely dominated the weekend?

The Brawn GP team were abosolutely over the moon on Sunday night, I was lucky that at the time of walking down pitlane after the race, Rubens and Button came out of the garage with their team for photographs. They threw their hats over the fence too, didn't get one though :(

Great weekend in Melbourne, was lucky I was sitting at turn one and saw all the carnage :)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

Just you wait until next race

Webber will put in an excellent qualifying session and beat 'em all

unless Rubens Barrichello smashes into him
or Vettel smashes into him
or someone else smashes into him
or a fuel line leaks
or the hydraulics fail
or a wheel catches on fire
etc

el gwapo

HSC

bitch bitch bitch Lewis Hamilton bitch bitch bitch
You could also attribute the Brawn 1-2 to luck, or more precisely the impetuousity of Kubica.

Starting from the back can hardly be lucky. Hamilton had a very good first stint, benefitted from the safety car (among the many others who did) and had the right strategy.

They're saying rain for Malaysia. Brilliant:headbang:

F2001

HSC

Hamilton is now starting from stone cold motherless last after McLaren changed his gearbox and taking the five-spot penalty. One has to onder what they're playing at though: why wait this late to change? I can't see much benefit in starting last with a fresh gearbox when the could have changed it sooner, still taken the penalty, but gien Hamilton another shot at setting a respectable time around the circuit, which would mean he would start somewhere other than twentieth and last.

In short, tomorrow Lewis Hamilton will be educating us all in how not to launch the defence of a World Championship.
Takes 15+ minutes to change a box.
kimi is shit

fucking bring alonso to ferrari right now
Fuck you.:headbang:
good point about vettel

but i think you're too quick to judge alonso. one race down, and he & Renault did wonders in the last half of last year.
Corrected

webber is fucken shit
Shut the fuck up. He finished 5th.
He has outperformed his car lots of times esp on driver's circuits.

Just you wait until next race

Webber will put in an excellent qualifying session and beat 'em all

unless Rubens Barrichello smashes into him
or Vettel smashes into him
or someone else smashes into him
or a fuel line leaks
or the hydraulics fail
or a wheel catches on fire
etc
Excellent quali position, then make a mistake in the race/not fast enough when he needs to. His like a Trulli. Quali pace is :spzz: Race pace is :bomb:

ledzeppelin

HSC

Melbourne was awesome
Will be getting tix again next year (provided I have any money)
Should be another good GP tonight, especially if there's a bit of rain

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

fail lol

webber gained four positions in a lap...then they stopped the race. fuck.

that was a good race while it lasted though. very good indeed.

ledzeppelin

HSC

The conversation between Massa and Ferrari after the red flag made me laugh
"Felipe baby stay cool"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)