The "HA! It is possible that I may fail" thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierotte

HSC
I just came to that realisation.

I have too many assignments due that i have put too little (or no) work into.

Until moments ago I was under the delusion that it would still be possible to somehow pull off a HD, just becuase I am Siem, and I am smart.

HA!

There are 160 other people all doing the same course as me who all have the same skills as me and are all focusing on the same thing as me... and who have all put in WAY more work than me and would have to have equalled or beaten my UAI to get into the course, who are probably more passionate than me and who WILL go better than me because they really care about getting the good marks.

To think that I can compete with those people and beat them with minimal ammounts of work is just stupid.

Im not smarter than them, Uni is a whole new ball game. Small fish, fucking big pond.

Shall i brace my self for the "F" I deserve?
Its highly probable that that's what I'm gonna get, as if they wont be able to see through my crap and go "yeah that person put in about 2 hours work on an assignment that should have taked a good 35 hour minimum to do. What rubbish"

Theyre trained to discern the good from the shit.

Damn.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Hahaha... Not really...

33 hours of procrastination
and 2 hours of HARD-OUT work.

Is equal to...

30 hours of "hmm... how do i start... or how do i start this page... or how do i start this paragraph... or how do i start this question?"
and 5 hours of fragmented work on different days.

Just make it look professional by adding touches people who didnt rush it would. Like your name; a title... maybe a border or something? depends what it is really. (check for mistakes etc;)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
NO ONE does 30+ hrs of work on an assignment! most people, will be just like you..lazy..you do the work the night before, you still have a good chance with those who started it earlier..

i guess it's not recommended that you always do that..but i pretty much do, my friends pretty much do, and i guess sometimes the stress of needing it finished on time helps you work better than if it's not due right then?

just don't be stupid, if it's big, you're going to need to look at the question in advance etc.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
yeah i'm the same :uhhuh: but just for one class i'm taking and ALL assessments concerned with it. For example i "worked" on it all weekend but my only really productive work was done in about five hours last night from 9pm-2am.

i've figured out how to cruise in my other three though :)

HSC
hahah i'm in the same boat .. 'cause honestly, i did shit all in the way of work in high school, but i managed to cruise through with pretty good marks. which resulted in me having little to no work ethic, as opposed to people who actually had to work for their grades. accounting fucks me over so bad but i can't be bothered to do anything about it.

Pierotte

HSC
I was kindof hoping for a string of "yeah thats right! YOU FAIL! get off BOS and do some work fucker" type comments.

Damn.

I also just realised that with my esquisse thats due tomorrow I can totally fail that, but if i go really well in the final submission the mark for my esquisse will be void.

e.g. Hand in a peice of shit for esquisse, grade given = F
Hand in super great grooving thing for final submission, grade given D, grade for esquisse reset as a D.

SO now i have a reason to do even less work on it!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
em_516 said:
NO ONE does 30+ hrs of work on an assignment! most people, will be just like you..lazy..you do the work the night before, you still have a good chance with those who started it earlier..

i guess it's not recommended that you always do that..but i pretty much do, my friends pretty much do, and i guess sometimes the stress of needing it finished on time helps you work better than if it's not due right then?

just don't be stupid, if it's big, you're going to need to look at the question in advance etc.
Last year I spent the whole mid semester break doing one assignment.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
Last year I spent the whole mid semester break doing one assignment.
What shit assignment is that?

All my maths assignments have been pretty much done on the day it's due, and both mechanics were the night before.

santaslayer

HSC
I'd say some computing subjects need that much time.

Pierotte, you can't go from thinking that you can get a HD to getting a fail result. You'll probably get something in between. That's way more realistic.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i had something due last weds, still haven't done it. haven't been to a pca lecture since the first one. skipped two days last week, two days the week before.

if anyone will fail uni it's me :)

HSC
N/A
Pierotte said:
I was kindof hoping for a string of "yeah thats right! YOU FAIL! get off BOS and do some work fucker" type comments.

Damn.

I also just realised that with my esquisse thats due tomorrow I can totally fail that, but if i go really well in the final submission the mark for my esquisse will be void.

e.g. Hand in a peice of shit for esquisse, grade given = F
Hand in super great grooving thing for final submission, grade given D, grade for esquisse reset as a D.

SO now i have a reason to do even less work on it!

Dont' fall into the trap of thinking later assessments can "save" you. The earlier and EASIER assessment is still worth something - in Uni, it is NEVER void. Additionally, don't put too much faith in a miraculous end-of-semester result... aside from the fact D's and HD's for the most part are actually quite hard to get, you have forgotten the banality that is SCALING! :O

Let's not assume you'll fail right off the mark, but do realise that in order to do well in uni you can't expect it to be a total bludge. You will actually need to put in some work - the actual hours depend on what subjects you're doing.

All this being said... little is more motivational than your first F or PC.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Templar said:
What shit assignment is that?

All my maths assignments have been pretty much done on the day it's due, and both mechanics were the night before.
AERO1560.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
There are 1500 99.xx majority in my course, i still think i'm on holidays and mid-semesters in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)