The Lion King (stage production) (1 Viewer)

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Has anyone gone to see the stage production yet? I'm going in less than a month and I cant wait!!!!!

Just wanting to find out some other opinions if anyone has seen it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no i haven't. but that would be why they are releasing disney on dvd. i see. and i also see you are a fan of disney!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahhhh the dvd is out today i think... actually i think it was yesterday... i think i should buy it tonight

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
My parents saw it last night.. apparently it was 98% word-for-word from the movie, which was disappointing for them. They said costumes, music and acting was great, though. :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i've always wanted to go see the on stage production, but i havent got money

the puppets/costumes used in the show look really good!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by deviant
wha? i thought the DVD was a edited version of the original movie :?
the dvd is the original movie. i was just noting that the stage production is a good way of promoting the dvd. i hadn't realised that before.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Yes, I'm a big Disney fan :) Lion King has been my favourite since it first came out.

And I am going to get the DVD as soon as I can! The stage show will really help them sell DVDs I reckon

Last edited:

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I'm going to see it next Friday, I'm really excited.
I'll buy the DVD soon too, it's just such a great movie. And it's supposed to have great extras too.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yes see the stage production, its unreal!!! Take someone special, its a great night out and something you will remember your whole life

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
OMG! Everyone has to go see the stage production..it's FANTASTIC...absoultely incredible..and I am not exagerrating...
I am serious...it's just excellent...enerything about it is great...
EVERYONE GO SEE IT!!!!

the costume and sets are terrific...really good..

i guarantee that you will want to see it again..

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
im gonna see the stage production around april!! can't wait.
one of my dad's friends've nicked all our disney videos, they were only meant to borrow them but i think they thought we let them keep them @___@

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
im gonna see the stage production around april!! can't wait.
one of my dad's friends've nicked all our disney videos, they were only meant to borrow them but i think they thought we let them keep them @___@
Lol...that has happened a couple of times to me too..:rolleyes:

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
sorry to tell u this, but i saw it aaaages ago, and i thought it was utter garbage. i mean, no doubt the New York production would be brilliant, but this Australian production sucked. the kids were crap, with annoying australian accents, yuk!

Raffiki was AWESOME!!! And u should see it for the opening ten minutes...its the best part of the play....then its just medicore.

Don;t expect too much!! I thought it was good, but what makes me hate it so much is because I can tell it wouldve been so much better on Broadway. So I sort of contradicted myself. its not utter garbage...but still NOWHERE near as good as I was expecting

guy

HSC
i bought the dvd yesterday, and i havn't bought anything for ages (saving up). its so good

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my mum and dad bought it yesterday, so my nephew can watch it when he comes to stay
i dont think i will though, i always cry (when simbas dad dies)

miss_pie

HSC
ahhh stage production was amazing. i sat in awe the entire time and i think im seeing it again with school :)

hoping to get the DVD for my b'day coz the videos gone all crappy and worn from me and my sisters watching it so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)