The Lion King (stage production) (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
but they put in an extra song!! and it sucks!! and its taken over one of the funniest bits of the movie! mothas. :(

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
they put in several new songs and they all sucked. and i particularly hated it when they used 'tie me kangaroo down, sport' - it really pissed me off

J

jhakka

Originally posted by glycerine
but they put in an extra song!! and it sucks!! and its taken over one of the funniest bits of the movie! mothas. :(
Yeah, that part sucked.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Yep, you can't put new stuff into a classic movie, it doesn't work. I heard the new songs and I didn't really like any of them.

4onga

yeah... well, i'd say the one in uk was really fascinating... but thats me... anyway, i've seen lots of plays, and that was probably very nice with all the costumes, etc., but i don't know, 'm probably a kid at heart... anyway, have ahd lots of friends go see it. many of them so eager to watch the play, so...

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
I had a great time, and I thought it was fantastic. :D
I hadn't seen anything professional before, so it was a good experience.

I still haven't bought the DVD yet, but I didn't like the Morning Report song in the musical that much. But Chow Down, the one that the hyenas sing, was really cool.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i remember that they said that they were never ever going to put the movie onto video way back when it came out in theatres. And then they put in on video like a year later.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
why wouldn't they put it on video? that's just crap

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by smegthehead
i remember that they said that they were never ever going to put the movie onto video way back when it came out in theatres. And then they put in on video like a year later.
Funnily enough, The Lion King is one of (if not the) highest selling VHS releases ever.

I saw it at the cinema when it was first released. Quite good. Scar always was an entertaining villain.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I went and saw the musical last night, it was awesome!!!!! I'd never seen a musical in a "real" theatre before, only the ones that had travelled to Albury (which is not many) and omigod I loved it. The opening scene was just wow!!! Rafiki had the most awesome voice!!!

I decided I wanted to see it last night so I waited in the cancellation queue for 2 hours lol. But it was worth it.... I think the show was made better by all the suspense of wondering if I could get a ticket lol.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
WOW!! I went and saw it on Friday night and it was brilliant!! I totally agree with braindrainedAsh about the opening scene and the stampede bit was great too - in fact the whole show was amazing! If you haven't seen it yet go and see it coz it is worth the money you pay :D:D:D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i saw it last night. ohhhhhhhhhhhh man.

two words - fucking fantastic. (i can't believe my friend managed to get us tickets)! just the opening sequence blew me away. when the elephant started going up the stairs, my friend and i just grabbed each other, lol. it was absolutely amazing. the puppetry was unbelievable, the staging, the costumes, the comedy.... (zazu: you've already bucked up royally XDDDD). and you could see how enthusiastic the conductor was, how much energy he had - he was feeling every single note. maaaaaaaan. and call me weird, but throughout the first half i was on the verge of tears. don't ask me why o__O

i loved the characters. loved timon, pumbaa, rafiki... all of them! and the ballet during "can you feel th elove tonight" was unexpected :D some of the new songs they put in there were a bit hard to get used to but they fit, i guess. i mean, i didn't expect it to follow the story completely. though i thought i twas weird how they put that part where scar wants nala for his wife @___@ that was weird, and just came and went. but anyway. aaaaaaaaaahh i loved it!

*breathes*

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Theatre: Lion King

Who has seen the play at the Capitol Theatre?
Which tickets did you get and how was the view?
I'm just asking because I'm planning on going with my best friend and my little brother and so far the tickets are mostly all the same price despite how far back some of them are.
Thanks.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
funky_a said:
Who has seen the play at the Capitol Theatre?
Which tickets did you get and how was the view?
I'm just asking because I'm planning on going with my best friend and my little brother and so far the tickets are mostly all the same price despite how far back some of them are.
Thanks.
we got row s on the bottom floor

it was a prety good view, though i can't remember the price of the tix
but i LOVED the lion king
it was really well done...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
OO good. Row S and still good view. Excellent. I think the price also depends on which day.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i saw it last year

it was pretty fucking awesome

i love how the animals come down the aisles! so cool :D

i was just in awe the whole time

I LOVED IT!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I wanna see this before it ends! How much are the tickets? Everyone I know whose seen it says it was really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)