• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Main Difference Between Metal and Indie (2 Viewers)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
this is not 4chan and it's not funny when you treat it as such

imo

nikilily

HSC
I have found a common trait when it comes to threads on music, this I suppose is a miny thesis on my "research". Firstly one person states an idea, in this case on music and especially in this thread regarding the indie and metal genre. Inevitably many people who think they know so much more try to outsmart the person who stated this idea by picking out miniscule details of the initial 'idea' and trying to technically correct it, sometimes people are so desperate to outsmart that they even target the grammar and punctuation mistakes of the idea. And we then have a cycle of people trying to outsmart one another on the music topic because we all want to appear 'cool' 'original' or genuine music lovers, dedicated to a specific music genre (i.e. metal, indie), or just music in general. Want to find proof? Just read this entire thread. And I'm sure that after I hit the post button there are going to be many other smartasses, like the ones I have described who will try and find gaps and holes in my thesis and 'bag me out'. But you know, what I don't care, because I have just exposed you.

Arctopus

HSC
I have found a common trait when it comes to threads on music, this I suppose is a miny thesis on my "research". Firstly one person states an idea, in this case on music and especially in this thread regarding the indie and metal genre. Inevitably many people who think they know so much more try to outsmart the person who stated this idea by picking out miniscule details of the initial 'idea' and trying to technically correct it, sometimes people are so desperate to outsmart that they even target the grammar and punctuation mistakes of the idea. And we then have a cycle of people trying to outsmart one another on the music topic because we all want to appear 'cool' 'original' or genuine music lovers, dedicated to a specific music genre (i.e. metal, indie), or just music in general. Want to find proof? Just read this entire thread. And I'm sure that after I hit the post button there are going to be many other smartasses, like the ones I have described who will try and find gaps and holes in my thesis and 'bag me out'. But you know, what I don't care, because I have just exposed you.
tl;dr

Shut the fuck up, because nobody cares.

philphie

Banned
HSC

best example here

philphie

Banned
HSC
the informal suffix of ass rings smuch stronger in meaning

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
welcome to the forums. i mean, welcome to the internet

/smartassery

you should be glad threads like this even exist, this is the most interesting the music forum has been in about a year.

Last edited:

nikilily

HSC
see what I mean, I predicted the outcome. Thanks guys for fulfilling my 'prophesy'. I actually did 'Laugh out loud" about the post 17 year olds thinking we are so analytical. It fascinates me that the person who posted it must of taken the time to go on my profile find out my date of birth just to criticise me of my age, gotta love the irony in that.

philphie

Banned
HSC
see what I mean, I predicted the outcome. Thanks guys for fulfilling my 'prophesy'. I actually did 'Laugh out loud" about the post 17 year olds thinking we are so analytical. It fascinates me that the person who posted it must of taken the time to go on my profile find out my date of birth just to criticise me of my age, gotta love the irony in that.
baha who said they did any of that load of crap?

Arctopus

HSC
No, actually I just looked at the year in which you finish your HSC and deduced you were 17, as I was 18 when I finished my HSC in 2009. See what I mean? Way too analytical.

Lord Farquad

HSC
philpie please argue with arctopus it would be the battle of the biggest wankers on bos

nikilily

HSC
No, actually I just looked at the year in which you finish your HSC and deduced you were 17, as I was 18 when I finished my HSC in 2009. See what I mean? Way too analytical.
So? You still bothered to do all that just to have a dig at me. Anyway the night I wrote that post I was in the mood for a bit of controversy and I woke up the next morning thinking, damn it I shouldn't have sent that, ohh well has given us a chance to get acquainted with each other haha. The main point of what I was saying is that there are so many people on internet forums when music is the topic, who try and correct and appear so smart and technical about music and basically it just turns the whole thread which has potential to be a good discussion on music, into disagreement and pathetic arguments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)