• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Main Difference Between Metal and Indie (5 Viewers)

philphie

Banned
HSC
So? You still bothered to do all that just to have a dig at me. Anyway the night I wrote that post I was in the mood for a bit of controversy and I woke up the next morning thinking, damn it I shouldn't have sent that, ohh well has given us a chance to get acquainted with each other haha. The main point of what I was saying is that there are so many people on internet forums when music is the topic, who try and correct and appear so smart and technical about music and basically it just turns the whole thread which has potential to be a good discussion on music, into disagreement and pathetic arguments.

all parts of bos is liek this

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Indie rock is so loosely defined that there isn't even a definitive list of it's musical characteristics on the internet.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Indie rock is so loosely defined
True

A variety of musical genres and subgenres with varying degrees of overlap are associated with indie rock. Some of these include lo-fi, post-rock, sadcore, C86, math rock, shoegaze/dream pop, indie pop, noise rock, noise pop, riot grrrl, post-hardcore, twee pop, alt-country, post-punk revival, garage rock revival, dance-punk, indie folk, baroque pop, and indietronica.

Arctopus

HSC
So? You still bothered to do all that just to have a dig at me. Anyway the night I wrote that post I was in the mood for a bit of controversy and I woke up the next morning thinking, damn it I shouldn't have sent that, ohh well has given us a chance to get acquainted with each other haha. The main point of what I was saying is that there are so many people on internet forums when music is the topic, who try and correct and appear so smart and technical about music and basically it just turns the whole thread which has potential to be a good discussion on music, into disagreement and pathetic arguments.
You idea of a bit of controversy is to make an idiotic remark on an internet forum where you are near-anonymous? You really are 17.

I know what your point was; everyone knows what you were trying to say. It's just that everybody already knows it. Of course disagreements and arguments are going to rise from such a thing as music. It goes without saying, just let nature take it's course.

nikilily

HSC
You idea of a bit of controversy is to make an idiotic remark on an internet forum where you are near-anonymous? You really are 17.

I know what your point was; everyone knows what you were trying to say. It's just that everybody already knows it. Of course disagreements and arguments are going to rise from such a thing as music. It goes without saying, just let nature take it's course.
ok so your still not letting go of the age thing, if you must know im 18 in a week, which makes me the same age as you. "17 year olds think their so smart and analytical", so did you think you were so 'smart and analytical last year? it amuses me how you can judge and make generalisations to an age group so harshly even though your only 1 year above it hahahaha

nikilily

HSC
Indie rock is so loosely defined that there isn't even a definitive list of it's musical characteristics on the internet.
yeah so many people are like "no thats not what indie music is" but THEY couldn't even describe what indie music is. I'm starting to get into the indie/synth sounds at the moment which the amazing triple j plays. Going back to what this thread actually was about, go team indie anyday, hate hate hate heavy metal and death metal. The closest to metal I get is Silverchair but even they are starting to go pop-ish, can't wait for their new album btw

Arctopus

HSC
ok so your still not letting go of the age thing, if you must know im 18 in a week, which makes me the same age as you. "17 year olds think their so smart and analytical", so did you think you were so 'smart and analytical last year? it amuses me how you can judge and make generalisations to an age group so harshly even though your only 1 year above it hahahaha
Your replies consisting of huge walls of text and near-incoherent arguments, whilst your real age may be 17 and 51 weeks, places your intellectual maturity at about 15.

And no, I didn't think I was so smart and analytical last year because last year I was smart enough to think twice before informing people on shit they already knew.

yeah so many people are like "no thats not what indie music is" but THEY couldn't even describe what indie music is. I'm starting to get into the indie/synth sounds at the moment which the amazing triple j plays. Going back to what this thread actually was about, go team indie anyday, hate hate hate heavy metal and death metal. The closest to metal I get is Silverchair but even they are starting to go pop-ish, can't wait for their new album btw
My favourite part about this wall of text is the way you give no reason to hate "heavy metal and death metal" who, by the way, are the only genres that exist within metal. There are no others because you are obviously not an ignorant person who forms opinions on entire genres of music before knowing anything about them.

Last edited:

nikilily

HSC
Ok so tell me what your intellectual maturity is then, now that you deem yourself to be the judge of it

nikilily

HSC
i wouldn't trust your diagnosis of intellectual maturity

Arctopus

HSC
Yeah, but you're still pretty hung up about it.

I got your reputation message, too. That shit was touching.

Lord Farquad

HSC
yeah lol amazing triple j

good one mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)