• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Marshall Mathers LP - Classic? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Alot of fans have rated this album as 5 mics. How do u think it compares to other 5 mic classics (Doggystyle, The Chronic, Illmatic, 2001, Reasonable doubt, Ready to die etc), due to the issues which it talks about (middle america, the media, obsessed fans, consequences of stardom etc)

Wats your rating???? (/5 mics) Do u rekon its worthy of 5 mics?

Tracklist

1) PSA 2000
2) Kill you
3) Stan
4) Paul (skit)
5) Who knew
6) Steve Berman (skit)
7) The way i am
8) The real slim shady
9) Remember me feat RBX, Sticky Fingaz
10) Im back
11) Marshall mathers
12) Ken kaniff (skit)
13) Drug ballad
14) Amityvill feat Bizarre
15) Bitch please 2 feat Dre, Snoop, Xzibit, Nate dogg
16) Kim
17) Under the influence
18) Criminal

monique66

Kim is so my favourite...hehe...i love his female voice interpretation :uhhuh:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I rate Slim Shady LP higher than Marshall Mathers.
Nah i rekon marshall mathers as a more rounded album. Not 2 shit on slim shady lp, but there were 3 standout tracks (Role model, Just dont give a fuck and Still dont give a fuck) but Its filled with songs that are pretty good (brain damage, rock bottom, cum on everybody, my fault)

Marshall mathers lp was a more rounded album, better production, switch of style, better beats, better issues etc (remember me, criminal, kill you, marshall mathers, im back, kim) Its just a bit better then the slim shady lp.

Last edited:

monique66

Well, i'd say that his earlier albulm was when he started expressing himself and once he realised what people wanted to hear he got Marshal going. I reckon the later is the best, he's got more experience and we get to see him rough around the edges. That one sold more copies as well, tho i like both albums...

heybraham

HSC
even though i don't like Eminem or rap in general anymore, i gotta admit, Stan is still one great song, one of the only few that i don't consider 'rambling on'. everytime i listen to the song, i always imagine a guitar playing a blues solo on the 2nd last verse...classic.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
damnation said:
Well, i'd say that his earlier albulm was when he started expressing himself and once he realised what people wanted to hear he got Marshal going. I reckon the later is the best, he's got more experience and we get to see him rough around the edges. That one sold more copies as well, tho i like both albums...
Yeah its kinda catch 22 - the slim shady lp was lyrcially "iller"

for eg

Role model "Im cancerous, so wen im dead u wont wanna answer this/ if u responded back with a battle rap u wrote over canibus"

Bad meets evil "I don't speak, I float in the air wrapped in a sheet/ im not a human im a ghost trapped in a beat"

Still dont give a fuck "Im zonin off of 1 join, stoppin a limo/ hopped in a window shoppin a demo at gunpoint"

the flow on the marshall mathers lp was better, so its hard 2 differentiate which one is better. The lyrical rawness of the slim shady lp makes it so great

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Argonaut said:
How long do you have?
Lol just name a few. U better not be on of those "i love first singles only" types, coz My name is and the real slim shady suck

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I preffered the one with white america, Business, square dance etc (whichever that was).
But i'm not a huge rap... guy
Yeah the eminem show. Its pretty good, MMLP is better

monique66

shady_03 said:
the flow on the marshall mathers lp was better, so its hard 2 differentiate which one is better. The lyrical rawness of the slim shady lp makes it so great
Yeah, i agree...i like stuff out of both of them. I'm kinda disapointed encore failed to live up to my expectations...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
NTB - So far ive asked like 2 guys if they were u at uni lol

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Encore didn't have the heart that i love in eminem's stuff...
All his songs, you truely get the feeling that he's unleashing his strongest emotions.

But in Encore, it seemed like he's tired of the entire business and it was almost a satire.

edit - Shady, stop looking for your typical right wing christian boy. I look like a hippie.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
damnation said:
Yeah, i agree...i like stuff out of both of them. I'm kinda disapointed encore failed to live up to my expectations...
i think encore failed to live up to EVERYONES expectations. But still a few good songs, never enuf, yellow brick road, mockingbird, encore, 1 shot 2 shot, spend some time etc I still like it, its a good album but space fillers fucked it up (rain man, big weenie, ass like that)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
shady_03 said:
i think encore failed to live up to EVERYONES expectations. But still a few good songs, never enuf, yellow brick road, mockingbird, encore, 1 shot 2 shot, spend some time etc I still like it, its a good album but space fillers fucked it up (rain man, big weenie, ass like that)
I agree, my favourite song on encore would be "never enough", it was the only one that had some balls IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)