The McDonald's Thread (2 Viewers)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Omg I was having my free lunch again today and there was some different manager working, and he's a jerk!! He came over to the table and told me I have to pay for the food, because my friend wasn't allowed to give it to me free!
I told him he could f*ck right off because I wouldn't have ordered so much if I knew I would be paying for it!!
Do you think my friend is going to get in much trouble?? The other manager told her it was ok to give out food!!
When I worked at KFC, we were not allowed to give out free food at all. In fact if we were caught, it was automatic termination. Most work places actually have that in place, it's just at the discretion of the manager as to whether they enforce it.

The manager is not a jerk, he is only protecting the business from losses caused by staff giving out free food all the time.

Your friend may get a warning, or possibly a written warning (which is worse) or even termination if they feel it is necessary.

zhusalmz

HSC
Ohhhh yeah! Had the sweetest free lunch!!! 10 chick nuggets, 2 cheeseburgers, chips and a big drink!!! The boss there is so cool!! And I got like 4 extra large chips to take back to the guys at work!!

It was the most amazing lunch of my life!! I'm fully going back tomorrow!!!! Having a friend working at maccas is so amazing, I'll prob get fat though lol!!
Omg I was having my free lunch again today and there was some different manager working, and he's a jerk!! He came over to the table and told me I have to pay for the food, because my friend wasn't allowed to give it to me free!
I told him he could f*ck right off because I wouldn't have ordered so much if I knew I would be paying for it!!
Do you think my friend is going to get in much trouble?? The other manager told her it was ok to give out food!!
I feel as if the contrast of these two posts genuinely conveys the detriments of youth in our society.

also please look into sterilization. thx

lol !!!!1

crazy_paki123

HSC
ok so i applied for Maccas in 4 or 5 different locations 15 days a go. It says ill be notified within 16 days and ive only been rejected from one so far. Do i still have hope to get empolyed or am i as good as rejected now?

Katebrunner

HSC
ok so i applied for Maccas in 4 or 5 different locations 15 days a go. It says ill be notified within 16 days and ive only been rejected from one so far. Do i still have hope to get empolyed or am i as good as rejected now?
Omg to actually get rejected from maccas is pretty hard because they basically employ anyone!

crazy_paki123

HSC
i think im being too narrow with my availability or maybe they are reluctant to hiring someone thats 19. Oh well ill make my uni timetable on the 8th and apply with greater availabulty and hopefully land the interview

watapple

HSC
i think im being too narrow with my availability or maybe they are reluctant to hiring someone thats 19. Oh well ill make my uni timetable on the 8th and apply with greater availabulty and hopefully land the interview
dont worry i got hired after the HSC and was 19, but for some reason Im not getting a lot of shifts. Did 9 shifts in under 30 hours...

Edit: I think im old to work at maccas maybe? or maybe inexperienced to give me more shifts?

User5555555

HSC
<- Worked for 2 years, crew trainer, makes burgers in 5-10 seconds. One step away from Shift supervisor...just gotta finish my HSC

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
<- Worked for 2 years, crew trainer, makes burgers in 5-10 seconds. One step away from Shift supervisor...just gotta finish my HSC
Can't make a burger in 5-10 seconds. It takes longer then that to heat up the buns.(well not more then 10 seconds). Average burger time is 25-30 seconds as a good time.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
KFC KFC KFC KFC KFC

lol

#burgers4lyf

(that's what a heated warmer is for - I could make burgers in less than 10 secs if I was in the zone - get a burger box out in less than a min w00t)

User5555555

HSC
Can't make a burger in 5-10 seconds. It takes longer then that to heat up the buns.(well not more then 10 seconds). Average burger time is 25-30 seconds as a good time.
Make = assemble. Correction, 9 seconds to toast the crown for regular, quarter pounder and Big Mac buns; 10-11 seconds for the heel.

Come to Strand McDonald's in the city, George Street next to the Apple store between 3pm-8pm on Saturday. I will remove your doubts.

Brookebrookebrooke

HSC
This doesn't relate to Mcdonald's as much but would it be hard to get a good job if you're 19/20yo with no work experience at all? Or would you have to work somewhere like Maccas first to get experience before being able to get a more "advanced" job such as a waiter in a restaurant?

Last edited:

Larche

HSC
Hi I recently got a job interview offer from McDonalds and I'm 18 years old turning 19 next month. What would be my chances for getting the job and how can I increase those chances? Thanks!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi I recently got a job interview offer from McDonalds and I'm 18 years old turning 19 next month. What would be my chances for getting the job and how can I increase those chances? Thanks!
What is this magic

Larche

HSC
ALSO is it bad to sound desperate during an interview? Even at Maccas?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I got lucky I guess? But seriously I need to know because I really want a job :(
Number one selling point for you will be your availability especially around school hours, make sure to make yourself available then, everything else is just simply not making a fool of yourself and looking like someone who can get the job done. You don't need to sound desperate, just act normally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)