The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (3 Viewers)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
friday, i ate 'the whole world' lol
and did no exercise or study
booo

was gonna treadmill or something in the morning but i had to feed my son lol and he wouldn't eat anything but mandarin peels :(

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
friday i had nutragrain for breakie
some crappy chinese food (who wouldve guessed that stores close after 2pm?)
dinner more crappy food..

due to excessive amounts of crappy food, i did 0 exercise.

HSC
i've been kind of neglectful of this thread - mainly crazy masses of uni work due.
brief recap of my week - i had a great few days early on (about 1000 cals, 15 grams per day) and was feeling great and studying heaps its easier to get stuff done when ur not distracted by all the food - the last few days tho have been a bit naughty 'cause i had a law assessment due and was going under the assumption that i wouldn't survive so putting on weight would be moot point (this is my general assumption when stuff's due lol i'm so dramatic jokes on me i always end up living) but as of tomorrow i'm gonna get back into it - been a bit naughty this morning mum brought home some lindt chocolate whoops! my study count's been going heaps well though - all my little circles are getting coloured in - and that's the main thing. still so screwed for exams tho!
well done anne u're an inspiration to us all!! two more kgs down wow u must be looking so hot!!

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
breakie: congee
lunch: congee and soup
dinner: gonna have mashed potatoes

as for the weird menu today its coz i cant eat crap due to braces being tighten =(

mserica

HSC
Okay I have decided to be really serious now.. So other than the excessive consumption of chocolate I have been good today.

Breaky: Weetbix (as i have done for the last 15 or so years)
Lunch: Chicken and Salad
Dinner: not sure yet

Snacks: Choccies and more choccies and toasted marshmellow and choccies.

(my only downfall is chocolate)

Excercise: 50 situps, lunges, and 35mins of pilates.

Im plan to start running again next week!! so ill let you know if it happens

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Wow... Anne, you're doing so well! Steve saw you the other day and said you looked "really good"... I smell competition!! ;)

I'd really like to be healthier, but I just dont have the motivation... I think I'd do something about it if my ever-constant weight of 54/55 increased. I have to agree with mserica - its all the chocolate's fault! And boredom. I really like vegies, fruit etc. in a meal, but I never go out of my way to eat an apple or anything like that.. I did the other day for lunch at work, but that was because of money issues, rather than a desire to survive 8 hours on a stinking apple.

As for exercise, well... let's just say we've never met. Or, havent seen each other since about year 9! I enjoy jogging, and doing dance things. So maybe I should go to the gym and do a step class or something but...

Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats to all :D xoxo

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
well today:

BREAKFAST: fruit loops (lol, the day had just barely started and i already bloody failed to eat healthy!)

SNACK: Kitkat crunchy thing

LUNCH: A pie

SNACK: left over bits of cadbury chocolate bunny and about 5 biscuits

DINNER: only had half a bowl of chicken and corn soup

i drank lots of water if that counts? (i always drink heaps of water- usually at least 6 glasses a day).

EXERCISE: i worked at deli from 5am-2pm, which required a fair bit of walking around stocking up stuff and moving around quite a lot of boxes (i always get scheduled on the day with a big delivery). So i might have just passed on the exercise bit.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i failed today :(

breakfast: 1/2 sandwhich with like egg and beef thing (no crust!)
lunchy: 1 slice pizza
snack: 1 mandarin, 1 pkt coolpak popcorn
dinner: small bowl of brown rice with veg and a fat free sausage thingy
so the day was alright until.........................
after dinner binge lol: lots of cashews, choc o'lait drink, 1 funsize cherry ripe, nutella sandwich (but i at least chopped the crust off)........... omg. lol i think im gonna throw up

exercise: pilates ... thats it but later i gotta go work off all that shit i ate today... when it eventually digests so that idon't get stitches

study: not much, cuz i found an old cd with all these songs, so i just sat here singing instead again lol ... "wooahh we're 21 and invincibleee.. wooaah can't wait to screw this up"

lol im gonna remain like obese and a half and dumb forever if i keep going like today

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*hopeful* said:
anniegirl do u go 2 bba lecture ? i didnt end up goin....
hey mate i did, i was looking for you! I was late, so i was hundred per cent sure that you'de see me coz i had to walk down to the front

I sat up the front with skittled and i was like "Hopeful's gunna reveal herself today!!".... NOT HAPPY hopeful, not happy lol

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
Glitter your getting really good excercise as compared to me these days!
Perhaps this is true, but because it's basically all been work-related for at least a week, I feel guilty :( I'm fine training and working x times x times a week, but when it comes to self-motivated workout sessions at home... nothing happens!!! lol. I seem to need pressure/responsibility in order to exercise...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast

late lunch/afternoon tea: Two rolls of tuna sushi

Dinner: Some mashed potato, a couple of little malaysian pancake things with coconut inside, quite a bit of coconut rice (SO YUMMY! Lynny says a big "YES" to carbs, at any time of the day! :D) and a very little bit of this indian chicken curry thing... too spicy for me to have any more than like, a spoonful :(

Study: I'm still braindead from working on my essay this week. So I read a book instead :D Will get started on story tomorrow when my friend is online to bug me about it.

Exercise: Did 2 hours of flamenco today. Have come to the conclusion that I had my bass and treble castanets the wrong way around :( Dammit. They're both made of wood, they look exactly the same! *cries* I've had so many issues with these castanets (I can do perfect rolls on borrowed castanets yet consistently have issues with my own), I know the problems aren't really their fault but I'm just at the point where I feel that if I get a brand new set, everything will be cool... any musicians here that have felt the same about instruments that seem really blah right from the get-go? :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Wow... Anne, you're doing so well! Steve saw you the other day and said you looked "really good"... I smell competition!! ;)

I'd really like to be healthier, but I just dont have the motivation... I think I'd do something about it if my ever-constant weight of 54/55 increased. I have to agree with mserica - its all the chocolate's fault! And boredom. I really like vegies, fruit etc. in a meal, but I never go out of my way to eat an apple or anything like that.. I did the other day for lunch at work, but that was because of money issues, rather than a desire to survive 8 hours on a stinking apple.

As for exercise, well... let's just say we've never met. Or, havent seen each other since about year 9! I enjoy jogging, and doing dance things. So maybe I should go to the gym and do a step class or something but...

Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats to all :D xoxo
Awww thanx mj and tell steve i said thanx :D.

Wow your 54kg! but your sooo tall!!well from what i remember anyway when i saw you in the loo :p

My ideal weight is 62kg!! :S:S crappp that must mean i should be like 50 kilos or something :S hehehe.. nah won't get ahead of myself.. need to get to 65 first which is my healthy weight apparently :s ... then i can start thinking about ideal weights seriously hehe

mserica

HSC
Ive just consumed more cadbury crunchie chocolate and some darrell lea shells.!!! not to good (but im studying so thats why)

I have decided that when i write back this time next week i will have lost at least 1kg! the serious excercise routine will commence this week without a doubt!

Willl keep you all updated..

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Anne, I was more than likely wearing my boots, which add an extra 5cm to my height. I think I'm around 160ish cm's, and about 6ft with boots on! :p

Have any of you tried the CSIRO diet? I'm thinking of buying the book, and forcing the food down my families throats. Most people lose around half a kilo a week, with some losing up to 2 - 3 in a week (apparently)... I dont know - thought it might be worth a shot.

I've also looked into the Sydney Dance Co's dance studio thingos. I thought they were going to be expensive, but its cheaper than everywhere else! $140 for 10, 2hr lessons (as opposed to $150 for 8, 1 hour lessons elsewhere). I'm going to try the 'stretch' class on Tuesday evenings after work :)

http://sydneydancecompany.com/studios/index.shtml

Tabris

HSC
bfast: 2 slices of toast and a glass of juice (11:30)

lunch: homemade gourmet burger with salad filling between 2 toasted slices (2pm)

dinner: homemade fettucini with prawns, zuchini, eggplant and spices with the sauce (6pm

about 3 snack bars so far today

exercise:

done 200 pushups in a 2 hr study period (10 x 20 pushups)

going to do 200 reps of 20lb weights/arm ( 10 x 20 reps) before sleep

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Food: can't remember, don’t care
Exercise: minimal, don't care
Study: *sigh * this is the most appropriate thread so can I vent here? Let’s just say this assignment is a complete DIY with no input from lecturers or tutors and minimal input from other students because none of us know what the hell we’re doing. I’m lost, and I just want to finish it, but I can’t finish it when I stare at the screen wondering if I’m even answering the question.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Tabris said:
exercise:

done 200 pushups in a 2 hr study period (10 x 20 pushups)

going to do 200 reps of 20lb weights/arm ( 10 x 20 reps) before sleep
wow! lol ........ thats a lot isn't it? it sounds like a lot lol

lol dammit i going bad! i weighed myself twice today, and i fluctuated down and up 1/2 a kg lol. booo.. i wanna know exactly how much i weigh.

and my study part is going sooo bad as well! Like at every exam period every sem, i start listening to some band again, and just sit here singing and attempt to 're-learn' my guitar again to learn their songs (but that always goes away after exams). atm, its something corporate and Lillix <3 =D ... *goes back to singing in front of the comp* "if you could be my punk rock princess i will be your garage baaand king, you can tell me why you just don't fit in, and how you're gonna be sooomething" <3

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Anne, I was more than likely wearing my boots, which add an extra 5cm to my height. I think I'm around 160ish cm's, and about 6ft with boots on! :p

Have any of you tried the CSIRO diet? I'm thinking of buying the book, and forcing the food down my families throats. Most people lose around half a kilo a week, with some losing up to 2 - 3 in a week (apparently)... I dont know - thought it might be worth a shot.

I've also looked into the Sydney Dance Co's dance studio thingos. I thought they were going to be expensive, but its cheaper than everywhere else! $140 for 10, 2hr lessons (as opposed to $150 for 8, 1 hour lessons elsewhere). I'm going to try the 'stretch' class on Tuesday evenings after work :)

http://sydneydancecompany.com/studios/index.shtml
lol@ MJ "im about 160'ish and about 6foot with boots on"... that makes me feel better i'm 165cm tall, i still think ur taller though so im guessing your height is prolly aorund 168cm-170cm? when i saw you i was like awwww I'de LURVE TO BE HER HEIGHT!! You know apparently people who are taller tend to make it in the "corporate world" more than shorter people lol

Note: I've just seen a pic of HOPEFUL!!:D:D lol I'm gunna attack her on thursday!! *evil snicker* ;)

Really hrrm i'll have to look at it>? ive heard nothing but great reviews on it.. will have to check up on it once finals are over and done with!

Anyway I don't think i can lose anymore weight before finals... i've become inactive due to the copious amounts of assignments i've been bogged down with for the final week ... my aim is just to keep these 2kgs off from now on until July which is when i can go as hard as i want to :d

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
oh boohoo.. i just went to the kitchen and started picking at food and got a cherry ripe and my mum told me to stop eating cuz im too fat :(

i'd go treadmill it off now but she always complains that im too noisey. blergh! it's not my fault that when i run the ground shakes :( ... i'll go skip it off now... i have a headache .. arggghh ... 2 cherry ripes and a poopload of pb before bed is badd!

HSC
don't u hate that? my mum does that too, though i don't think i'm massively fat she's just saying it cause she doesn't want me to eat crap put on weight then get all depressed about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)