The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
I've also looked into the Sydney Dance Co's dance studio thingos. I thought they were going to be expensive, but its cheaper than everywhere else! $140 for 10, 2hr lessons (as opposed to $150 for 8, 1 hour lessons elsewhere). I'm going to try the 'stretch' class on Tuesday evenings after work :)

http://sydneydancecompany.com/studios/index.shtml
SDC is the bomb! I used to train there!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

They're one of the few big studios left in sydney that abide by the "roughly $7.50 an hour" rule. Other big studios with drop-in classes are Brent St (near airport) and Mango Dance Studio (Broadway, they've recently poached a number of the best SDC teachers).

The best feel-good classes avaliable are those taken by Ramon, although his classes are packed (for obvious reasons, lol).

HSC
N/A
pb said:
oh boohoo.. i just went to the kitchen and started picking at food and got a cherry ripe and my mum told me to stop eating cuz im too fat :(

i'd go treadmill it off now but she always complains that im too noisey. blergh! it's not my fault that when i run the ground shakes :( ... i'll go skip it off now... i have a headache .. arggghh ... 2 cherry ripes and a poopload of pb before bed is badd!
awwww *hug* asian parents (assuming you're asian) can suck, and most of the time they'll say nasty crap like that just because they can/because 'ideal' girl shapes in their mind are anorexic-like.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
awwww *hug* asian parents (assuming you're asian) can suck, and most of the time they'll say nasty crap like that just because they can/because 'ideal' girl shapes in their mind are anorexic-like.
Yeahh!! I'm asain (filipino) ...and I used to get teased not by classmates or school people but my friggen parents and my family!

they don't realise that it affects self esteem and just makes you more depressed and resort back to eating! They layed off though after i reached 18-ish because i think they realised i wouldn't let it bother me anymore! Don't let it bother you pb.. asain parents suck! Your not fat honey! seriously! I've seen you!

In other news yesterday was really good, a 6.5 rating becoz no excercise.

That meat pie midnight snack.. arrggh i can still feel it in my system! :S ...

n e who...

Breakfast: Steamed bok choy and chicken and an apple

Lunch: Pending prolly an egg sandwich on multigrain bread

Dinner: Pending

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
I finally did a lil bit of working out this morning... yay. of course i had to cut down half of the exercises since it got boring. but its a start!

only eaten a meal today, and it was some chicken stuff... now here i am letting all the energy just store itself in my body.

*hopeful*

HSC
clairegirl said:
Note: I've just seen a pic of HOPEFUL!!:D:D lol I'm gunna attack her on thursday!! *evil snicker* ;)
:eek: im a bit worried now......wish i hadnt shown u my pic :p
lol i hope u go up 2 d wrong girl...heheh

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I (well, Steve and I) made the yummiest dinner last night. I assume its relatively healthy, so I thought I'd pass on the recip:

400g spag
400g rocket
400g lamb strips
250g cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
1/4 cup of the residual spag water

Cook spag (always a good start!)

Cook the lamb strips in the oil until done. Remove from the pan and keep them hot (we just covered it in foil). Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and, with the garlic, cook them in the pan (this doesnt take long). Once spag is cooked, put the rocket, tomatoes, and spag into a large mixing bowl and toss together. reheat the lamb using the residual spag water (no more oil!!!). Dish it all out, place the lamb on top and garnish with parmesan and lemon juice.

It sounds really odd with the parmesan and lemon, but its really, really good!

Oh, and it serves 4 people; so 100 g per person if you need to cook more.

... And then we topped it off with frangelico mousse (if anyone wants the recip - it is soooo delicious - but really rich).

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
Yeahh!! I'm asain (filipino) ...and I used to get teased not by classmates or school people but my friggen parents and my family!
yehh me too! i didn't get teased at school or anything .... well i guess i wouldn't have cuz im not thaaat fat (just getting there lol).. it was mostly my sister.. who looks anorexic anyway. buuut she doesn't as much anymore... only when she tries to give me the shitties... and nothing but that works lol

aaanyhooz! today was bad!
i had scrambled eggs for breafast, then didn't eat again til like 4:30 .. when i then ate heaps, including oily food and lots of sugar. blergh!

i want more icecream!

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Ooooh! scrambled eggs are good! Great source of protein with little carbs but i guess it does depend what you eat with it.

Next time you have scrambled eggs pb, eat it by itself or put a crapload of vegetables in it and make urself an omelette and use water to cook it, u'de be surprised how nice steamed eggs!

I usually cheat though coz i have this microwave steamer.. and i cook everything in it, from veggies, meat, chicken (as u can tell from my diet) fish AND eggs!

3 eggs (including yolk) only have 1 carb in it :p.. as opposed to a glass of Orange Juice which has like 23 or something :p ... Much easier to burn off lol .... That is of course if u support low carb diets (which i don't but it helpful to know when you want to know what time of the day is best to eat something

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
I (well, Steve and I) made the yummiest dinner last night. I assume its relatively healthy, so I thought I'd pass on the recip:

400g spag
400g rocket
400g lamb strips
250g cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
1/4 cup of the residual spag water

Cook spag (always a good start!)

Cook the lamb strips in the oil until done. Remove from the pan and keep them hot (we just covered it in foil). Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and, with the garlic, cook them in the pan (this doesnt take long). Once spag is cooked, put the rocket, tomatoes, and spag into a large mixing bowl and toss together. reheat the lamb using the residual spag water (no more oil!!!). Dish it all out, place the lamb on top and garnish with parmesan and lemon juice.

It sounds really odd with the parmesan and lemon, but its really, really good!

Oh, and it serves 4 people; so 100 g per person if you need to cook more.

... And then we topped it off with frangelico mousse (if anyone wants the recip - it is soooo delicious - but really rich).
thats sounds really nice, it's something i'de probably eat for breakfast or lunch :p (coz im weird lol)

yeh type the mousse recipe coz i want to know how to make it!

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i put cheese in it... yuuummm

lol you can steam eggs? i have a microwave steamer thingy.. my mum bought it jsut for me, but i dunno how to use it lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:

lol you can steam eggs? i have a microwave steamer thingy.. my mum bought it jsut for me, but i dunno how to use it lol
learn how to use it!! It takes me 30 seconds to whip up dinner...break off some bok choy, cut some chicken, season it with either soy sauce, salt pepper anything u want! and chuck it in and leave it int he microwave for 9 minutes.... go do something then come back and voila! Dinner is readddy! :D:D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:

cheese is also high protein :d CCHEESE IS GOOD!

edit: uRmm.. just keep int he back of ur head that too much cheese = lots of calories hehe.. so don't have it in copious amounts! which is a mistake i made before! lol

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
cheese is also high protein :d CCHEESE IS GOOD!

edit: uRmm.. just keep int he back of ur head that too much cheese = lots of calories hehe.. so don't have it in copious amounts! which is a mistake i made before! lol
lol thats my problem with nuts... it has a lot of protein, but when i have a few, i can't stop =/ ... and it ends bad cuz it has soo many calories...
but with cheese, i buy the light or fat free ones... the Shape cheddar and Bega Superlights are good, but thats not what i have atm.

but yehh... all thats a good idea! i'm gonna learn how to use the steamer thingy (a plastic container thingy with holes :confused: ), steam eggs lol for breakfast... and dinner and stuff..... aaanndd most importantly, limit myself to only ONE fun size DARK choc a day.. whereas atm, i like don't eat choc a whole week, then one day, eat like a whole bag (well... not really).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol yeah i love nuts too. and i have the same problem.. So what I've tended to do now is a lil trick WW told me which is get a handful of nuts and put them in a sandwich bag... so when u get the munchies go and grab urself a bag.. and go somewhere else (preferably outside the kitchen :p) to eat it, and eat it slowly... and if cravings still don't stop...

100% this ALWAYS works... have a glass of warm water with lemon in it (its gross but it does the job)

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Bowl of premium vanilla Jalna yoghurt (supposedly very healthy)

Lunch: some noodles and meat (healthy again)

Dinner 1: 2-piece feed from KFC :p, with an orange poppa because they didn't have any juice bottles left hahaha!

Dinner 2: Mashed potatoes and slices of some meat thingo

Study: Am going to write creative writing piece tonight (due tomorrow but my favourite critique-er is online tonight so whoo! It'll be cool)

Exercise: Once again, screw it :p (heads up: I can be remarkably stubborn unless motivated by work/performing) In other news I had a good run with my castanets today and oiled them... by rubbing them against my cheeks! (recommended by some US flamenco teachers) haha, I felt so stupid, but hey, if it's good for the castanets it's good for me?

EDIT: Wait, I lied! I was doing some devloppes today, and for those who do not know devloppe's are one of the most strenuous ballet exercises that really work the VMO (a very seldomly-used muscle that prevents muscle imbalance issues/a number of other knee injuries). I also danced a bit to "hips don't lie", ha, does that count?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol everything counts glitter!

Breakfast: Steamed bok choy and chicken apple
Lunch: this fish soup thing with veggies and an apple
Dinner 1: sandwich multigrain with egg n tomato
Dinner 2: i wasn't planning on eating :( but the friggen neighbours bought food over again, i had bbq marinated chicken yummmmm and a lil bit of noodle thing

Snack: 1 coffee at work with full cream milk, 1 coffee without milk at home and an apple

HSC
N/A
hmm. Getting started on the creative writing is harder than I though. Dad fiddled so that I can hear stuff out of my speakers once again, and I have re-discovered this flamenco/arabic song (Mike you should hear it, it is SO cool!). Oooooh

Also, my critique-person went offline. Thus even more decreased motivation to write :(

HSC
honey get with it, the sooner u get into it the sooner it will be done

today i clocked about 1829, 51 grams... not too good and only a few hours study oh dear. haven't done so great this weekend, will have to get with it myself!

HSC
N/A
:( But I'm currently feely miserable, and I'm listening to sad Josh Groban songs... (is there any worse combination?)

Ah well. I'll start writing after this song, and listen to the next sad song after I've written a few paragraphs :)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
:( But I'm currently feely miserable, and I'm listening to sad Josh Groban songs... (is there any worse combination?)

Ah well. I'll start writing after this song, and listen to the next sad song after I've written a few paragraphs :)
How about you just forget about the stupid essay and flamenco dance all night!

(on other news: i REALLY envy people who can write an essay/ writing piece in so little time! i get really nervous if i dont start an essay early, and it usually takes me at least a week to write an essay - with probaby about 10 drafts in between!!!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)