The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
How about you just forget about the stupid essay and flamenco dance all night!

(on other news: i REALLY envy people who can write an essay/ writing piece in so little time! i get really nervous if i dont start an essay early, and it usually takes me at least a week to write an essay - with probaby about 10 drafts in between!!!).
Goodness knows how much I would love to just dance the night away! Not to mention hunting down good music for Fandangos and Tangoes/ :(

Unfortunately I really need to hand in a creative writing piece for my tute tomorrow - it doesn't have to be good, but I'd kinda like it to be. As it's only going to be workshopped, I'm not worrying too much about it :)

Tabris

HSC
Bfast (11:30am): 2 slices of toast and a glass of juice

Lunch (2pm); leggo's char grilled pasta meal

dinner: 1 schnitzel cut in half and wrapped in two pita pockets with honey mustard and rocket vegies

snacks 2 mini easter eggs, a handful of peanuts and one bite of rocky road

exercise: 100 situps, 100 pushups (all done in 20 sets each) done in study period, 200 fast reps of 20lb weights per hand (all done in 10 sets per hand).

More like toning rathar than building, really need to increase the weights.....

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
this weekend- well since friday night i have eaten no where near enough and done no exercise but had way too little sleep and spent way to much time on my feet. (note: 2 12ish hour working days/nights)

HSC
N/A
whoo it is now 12:34 am, and I have just finished my page and a half of creative writing!

I'm listening to one more round of depressing sad songs then I'm off to bed. Whoo!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today: pretty surprising i'de lost 0.4kg which is really strange since i havn't been doing jack crap for the last week and a half in terms of excercise... maybe its the food i've been eating mehh whatever i bet you it won't stay off.

Breakfast: Steamed ommellette with tomato and an apple
Lunch: steamed bok choy and chicken
Dinner 1: Peter's full cream chocolate chip ice cream :D Yurrmm.. had a craving so i had to have it.
Dinner 2: I'm at my cousin's house because i can't live without the net and im munching on left over party food, bbq marinated chicken and bbq'd frankfurts and another apple, washed down with a glass of lime soft drink.

Excercise: was gunna goto the gym after i handed in my assignment at uni but i went to sleep for 4 hours instead :s

Study: errm yeah i was gunna start that now

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
breakie: pasta soup thingy
snacks in between breakie and lunch : partially eaten potato pie, argg i brought it from uni and i was convinced it wasnt cooked! nutella sandwich. museli bar
Lunch: pork roll, large potatoe and gravy from kfc
Dinner: gonna have rice, potatoes and chicken

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
breakfast: fruit loops (as always, not a good start)

snack: mars bar

lunch: sam cheeseburger

snack: 2 biscuits

dinner: chicken soup

overall, didnt eat that much today. but what i did eat was not too healthy..

study: still putting together psych notes for the tuesday presentation and working on the 318 presentation for next week.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Breakfast: hot chocolate and raisin toast (drenched in butter)

Lunch: Kebab

Dinner: Green curry.

...Hmmm... not so good... But all I've drunk is water... Thats good... right?? :eek:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Breakfast: hot chocolate and raisin toast (drenched in butter)

Lunch: Kebab

Dinner: Green curry.

...Hmmm... not so good... But all I've drunk is water... Thats good... right?? :eek:
Omg if i ate that, i'de put on 10kgs + more! I won't even touch kebabs anymore because thats almost equivalent to two big macs :s .... just to give you an overview.

with weight watchers, your designated 20 points a day, i.e peice of whole meal toast is 1 or 2 points i can't remember and a cup of rice is 2 points.

Anyway... a kebab is 23 points!

Your extremely lucky to be able to eat all that and not gain a thing!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
actually just looked it up.. a kebab is only 9 points, sorry my bad.. well one from king kebab's n e way a big mac is more... its 10 points... the less fattening burger at maccas is the cheese burger at 5.5 points

lol some other interesting facts since im here

From sizzler
The kilo monster steak is 29.5 points LOL
Works burger is 32!

Pasta's are one of the "worst" though... pasta boscaiola is 31.5 points :s .. most pasta's are 11+ points

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
No way! Its equivalent to 2 big macs?!?! But... it has all that nice, green tabooli and bread and... other good stuff.

Thats totally gross! *spews*

I might not put on a thing, but I spend most of the night feeling ill and spending a lot of time in the bathroom.... Oooh, thats maybe just too much info :eek:

Lucky Skittled :D

Edit: I'm glad its not as fatty as you thought it was Annie, but I admit it isnt the healthiest food around.

So, with the weight watchers scale thingo, if you want some pasta, you cant eat anything for 1.5 days beforehand? Thats crazy! I thought pasta was good for you (with all those carb thingos - aren't they good?)

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pastas are healthy in moderation... but the thing with pastas too is that they're processed carbs :s which is why they're so high and extremely hard to burn off...high source of energy though, u know that cyclist guy... he only eats one meal a day coz he trains so much and he has one large pasta bowl but then again he does work out 8 hours a day lol

Pasta's arn't good for those wanting to lose weight, (my personal opinioin) because they're high in carbs and worse they're processed carbs... and in terms of burning fat.

It goes.. when ur working out u need energy.. so in essence u burn carbs off first for energy then you burn fat .. so the more carbs you have to burn off, the longer it takes your body to switch to burning fat.

which is why i don't really touch pasta anymore (ok i lie, i have it every now and then :D)

RE: Weight watchers- And no no not at all.. depends on how much you weigh but most just "overweight" but not "morbidly" obese ppl... get designated 20-22 points a day. With weight watchers you can eat anything you want... you just have to work it into your program.. you can gain points (i.e you can eat more) by excercising. I only did it for two weeks lol and i did it ages ago... it should work in theory, it would've worked if there were people my age there but they're all middle aged and mothers n stuff

This is how i would work that pasta into my program.. i get desiganted 20-22 points a day.. you can live on 16-17... a day.. so just save them up for that pasta ...u know save about 4-6 points a day.. and you can have that pasta at the end of the week.. incorporate excercise into your program and you can have two pastas at the end of the week.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
weight watchers sounds complicated... just eat and work out... simple as. of course im assuming you aint eating 6 chickens unless your building.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
weight watchers sounds complicated... just eat and work out... simple as. of course im assuming you aint eating 6 chickens unless your building.
Unfortunately for myself personally, its not that simple.. i can't just eat and work out, ive done that multiple times before but i end up not losing anything! There's so much nutritional and excercise info that needs to be known... I'm having serious regrets :( not doing nutrition at uni because I'm finding all this stuff extremely interesting.

I'm not doing Weight watchers anymore,im not doing "anything" atm..just doing stuff i've learnt from doing all these different diets n what i've learnt from nutritionists/naturalists and my personal trainer lol

hehe yeah im not bulking! But if any of you guys want to bulk up.. there's some awsome info on the net about it, what you should and should not eat..certain types of excercises that you should avoid and increase.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ its not just a bodybuilding forum its got a fitness/weightloss secction

which is a site not only for guys wanting to "cut" or "bulk" but its also a great place to leech off other people's stories and gain nutritional info from dieticians n such.

They';ve got AMAZING transformation photos on there! Especially the guys!! *Droool*

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
bulking sounds like a bitch. i know heaps of guys who do it, and they only eat between these hours and eat like 50 meals. and then the next thing they know their fat as anything, and theyll go and get cut by doing just cardio and then their all so damn hot. (well their faces are still ugli)

how much did weight watchers cost?

Maybe its just me, but i find that i can pretty much eat anything and no gain weight. But that doesnt mean ill eat fat foods every day. I try to eat sensibly, 4 meals consisting of anything. Not too much sugars anymore, try and work out (minimal and whenever i can be bothered) and i try not to eat after 9pm unless its water.

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
ooh did u get end up getting it done glitter?
Whoo yes I did! (eventually) And even better... my class actually liked it! :eek:

In regards to carbs, I still see pastas as being pretty awesome... I have never been a fan of carb-depriving or carb-reducing diets, probably because I have basically been living off carbs for years because it works so well with dance :D Heh. I think I'd fail that weight watchers diet miserably ;)

I do feel though, that people should eat a BALANCED diet. I tend to eat as much carbs as I like, but I'll eat it with a bolognese sauce or something. If I'm having a sandwich, I'll look for one that's got a bit of lettuce in it... etc etc. This is why I love sushi so much... you get rice/meat or fish/vegetable, and it's all so yummy!

In other news... I am going to see if I can cut down my fruit juice consumption :( I normally drink 2-5 glasses of it a day... and it's not always the freshly squeezed variety :S (which is the only really good variety)

Breakfast: Half a chicken shnitzel and swiss cheese roll thingo

Afternoon tea: The other half of the chicken shnitzel and swiss cheese rool thingo, also a small carton of lite chocolate milk (because there was no "standard" chocolate milk left :( I figure if you're going to indulge, do it properly :p)

Late dinner: Some meat and mashed potato

Study: Gah. I should look at BBA stuff...

Exercise: Taught 3 hours of dance today. IT WAS SO COOL! I was teaching at the place I'm subbing at for four weeks, and I LOVE IT. I'm teaching older students roughly my age and up (my favourite age group) and I got to do cool stuff I'm not able to do with my regular students because they're not physically capable of it yet. My adult class thought I was 25 (whoo! lol...), and my modern ballet class loves the Dion and the Filth track I played for our warmup. Yay for free CD's given out during ARTS210 tutes, because I'd left all my non-tap music at home... Guy Morrow, you rock!

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
there was that small opportunity where i am mistaken and ill look like a putz. it was in the food court this arvo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)