The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah, and before their win over wst coast, their previous 3 wins have all been against the bottom 3 teams.
even if they go and make the top 8, i doubt they will go very far in the final series

adders

HSC
jemsta said:
yeah, and before their win over wst coast, their previous 3 wins have all been against the bottom 3 teams.
even if they go and make the top 8, i doubt they will go very far in the final series
Are u retarded, not only will we make the 8 but we will reach at least the preliminary final, swans good run is over, port will humiliate them at home, lade too hot to handle and tredrea will finally fire

Please Port make my weekend

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Goooonman said:
What Kevin Sheedy does in his tactics is different. Even though he can be credited with I guess giving Sydney a jump start into their flooding, defensive tactics, the current style of play everywhere but Sydney is whats drawing 50,000 people a game to see something like Melbourne vs Bulldogs last week.

Sydney, who have made two GFs in a row, including winning one, still only pull 30,000 to each of their games despite being on a massive high for the past 3 or 4 years. Ask the majority of people in NSW what they think of AFL and they'll say it's scrappy, boring and tedious.

Sure it might win games, but in my opinion there should be laws to try and protect the game itself from turning into Rugby Union.

That's my rant - I'd rather see Essendon not make the eight for a few more years than see them play footy like Roos tells Sydney too.
You are truely past retard. It would take you five seconds to realise that the SCG does not support 50 000 people and never has. It is also currently being renovated so the average crowd attendence can at MAX only be something like 30 000 because of lack of seating.

You also don't seem to live in sydney either so you don't realise fans from other codes couldn;t care less about how sydney plays. They just arnt interested in AFL period. They just go "whimpy game, not enough tackling and its boring and so confusing".

Also note Sydney don't seem to flood at all anymore. They just man up whatever the opp have done. Infact the last time WCE played Sydney they were the ones who flooded us, and I think almost every team vs Sydney this team has done alot more flooding against us then we have of them.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
adders said:
Are u retarded, not only will we make the 8 but we will reach at least the preliminary final, swans good run is over, port will humiliate them at home, lade too hot to handle and tredrea will finally fire

Please Port make my weekend
haha i think youre the fucking retarded one...if you read my post carefully, i said that their first 3 wins have been against the bottom 3 sides at that time (melbourne, carlton and richmond).
even if you reach the finals, you guys wont have enough experience to make it through to the grand final....remember what happened when sydney played geelong in the preliminary final? you guys choked and we fucking won.

noone cares about lade...sydney must contain cornes or else he is going to run wild. if we do that we will win pretty comfortably.

adders

HSC
jemsta said:
haha i think youre the fucking retarded one...if you read my post carefully, i said that their first 3 wins have been against the bottom 3 sides at that time (melbourne, carlton and richmond).
even if you reach the finals, you guys wont have enough experience to make it through to the grand final....remember what happened when sydney played geelong in the preliminary final? you guys choked and we fucking won.

noone cares about lade...sydney must contain cornes or else he is going to run wild. if we do that we will win pretty comfortably.
Yeh dumbass but if u werent illiterate u could see that u wrote that the cats wont go far even if they reach the finals, but since we've won 2 more games then u, have a percentage almost 1.5 times urs it looks like we will go far this, preliminary final is a guarantee. We clinically disposed of West Coast and freo and beat richmond by 157 points. U guys havent even scored 110 points this year.

Shows how much u know bout afl if u think that lade is not an important player, when he dominates ure disgrace of a football team tomorrow u will realise how far up your ass ur head is

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
bahahahaha thats the biggest load of shit ive ever read tonight
just wasted 10 seconds of my life and now i fucking want it back

go back to study

PS: why all this hate for the swans anyways?

Last edited:

adders

HSC
jemsta said:
PS: why all this hate for the swans anyways?
2 reasons. Firstly they dont play proper football and have destroyed the way the game is played. Secondly i cop so much shit from my mates when the cats lose, so when the swans lose i'm stoked as i get to give them hell

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
fair enough
well im sure they dont care whether or not their style of football is interesting to watch, but their main aim is to win games, which they have successfully done so under the guidance of roos.

swans would be boosted by the return of kennelly....would be interesting how he flairs up in todays game against port

SyCoTiC

HSC
adders, I think right now would be a good time to shut up. Swans just clinically disposed of Port Adelaide - Tredrea went missing and Lade was outclassed by Spida and Jolly emphatically. Both Cornes brothers were well held and O'Loughlin has found form kicking 4 goals under his name.

Despite the fact that you think the Swans have 'destroyed' the way the game is played, it is only stupid enough for clubs to follow suit of what the Swans were doing 3 or 4 years ago.

The Swans have been accused of clogging up the game - If you watched the game last night between the Saints and the Hawks, you know that it isn't exactly Sydney who's doing the clogging up and to be honest, the only time they are having huge numbers around the ball is when they are either trying to shut down games or trying to get the ball out of their defensive 50 which in most cases is one on one contests, something they pride themselves on and in my opinion is quite exciting football when you see two players battling it out.

Flooding? Swans man up. Not flood. Every single team the Swans have come up against have proven themselves to be bigger flooders than what the Swans have ever done. Once again, one on one football. Marking your player.

Cats are looking the goods at the moment but consistent football will be at the top of their list for priorities to get straight because they are so hot and cold right now you could almost think that if they meet a VFL side, they'll have their asses handed to them on a silver platter. Cats will make it deep into the finals if they play to their strengths and use their heads but saying they're guaranteed to make it to the Preliminary Final? You're just asking to eat your own words again I think. You're still lacking that key forward and Ottens, Mooney or Hawkins currently are not the answer and it will be exposed heavily against good defensive sides such as Adelaide and Sydney.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hawsk vs Saints game. That was so boring.

Last quarter gave me a scare. Three quick goals. But yeah, Kennelly and O'Loughlin the telling factors. And something else. Was the duration of each quarter over 25+ mins? :confused:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Yes each quater was over 25mins. Longest was about 33 and the shortest was anout 28.

SyCoTiC

HSC
It was counting time-on as well. So it was only 25 minutes of actual play.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
It was counting time-on as well. So it was only 25 minutes of actual play.
You only get 20mins of actual time in AFL i thought? The extra 8-13mins are a cause of the stopping and starrting all the time from behinds, goals and free kicks.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Yeah 20. My bad.

But you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. :p

adders

HSC
Wat Another Fantastic Win By The Cats!!! 2nd Favouites For The Flag Btw How Good Is Jimmy Bartel, If Judd Gets Suspended, Bartel Will Win The Brownlow

Go The Cats

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I hate it when people decide who will win the brownlow before half-way through the season. Still even then it hard to determine. Reason: Adam Goodes in 2003 had such a good second half of the season, he got a huge majority of his votes then.

Bartel does look good, but atm my money goes in Chad Cornes. He just stands out more then the rest of his team does. Bartel, although good, has more competition against his other fellow midfielders.

Also did anyone see the article on Sydneys brownlow chances according to sports bet? Our closest [;ayer is Ryan O'Keefe at about $300. I'm thinking of puuting a five dollar bet on Nick Malceski. Not that I really expect him to win, but in the off chance he does I'll make over $1000. That sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
At the rate Malceski is going, he's a pretty decent chance of atleast making the top 3. Kirky showed that in 2003 behind Goodes, Buckley and Ricciuto so there's no saying who could come close at the very least to winning this Brownlow. Goodwin last year did absolutely crap in the polls yet he was hailed as the next Brownlow Medallist.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Malceski is definitely the swans most improved player, and has been outstanding for us this season, and if he continues that trend, he'll probably one of the eading dark horses for this years brownlow medal.
good to see the swannies are regaining some form

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)