The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

adders

HSC
That's fucking ridiculous, the swans ruined football, any true afl fan will concur with me. Yes other teams r using the tactic now, but had u not developed it, footy would be back to the way it should be. Its disgraceful and its not football, sydney's tactics are a blight on the game. And when u say other teams flood when they play u guys, it is only because thats the only way they can win because u ruined football

And about the cats, we aren't port or melbourne so wat happened to them has no significance whatsoever. Secondly we are sitting comfortably in the top 4 - at the bloody top of the table. The past 5 weeks we have proved the doubters wrong with solid wins over WCE, adelaide, port and freo.

I honestly cant wait for round 13 because after we smash ure pathetic disgrace of a football team at skilled u'll be staring at a 6-7 record.

GO THE CATS

Last edited:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
adders said:
That's fucking ridiculous, the swans ruined football, any true afl fan will concur with me. Yes other teams r using the tactic now, but had u not developed it, footy would be back to the way it should be. Its disgraceful and its not football, sydney's tactics are a blight on the game. And when u say other teams flood when they play u guys, it is only because thats the only way they can win because u ruined football
I've always wondered. What is this 'tactic' that Sydney has developed which ruins the game?

adders

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
I've always wondered. What is this 'tactic' that Sydney has developed which ruins the game?
Flooding may have been around before, but it was the swans who developed it into a now normal aspect of the game. The swans play boring football, its a scourge that is beginning to affect other teams

wyho

HSC
N/A
being a swans fan, i must fairly say that swans games are a little boring. i actually like the way carlton plays at the moment, goal kicking shootout LOL

adders

HSC
sydneyswansfan said:
i just cant wait for the Swans v the cats. i can imgaine the heated 'discussions' now...
lol.

Swans for Premiers.
round 13 at skilled, swans are walking into a fortress, and they're gonna get smashed, hope its windy

SyCoTiC

HSC
If the Swans didn't make flooding an aspect of the game, another team would've come along and done it. I guarantee you.

Port wasn't Melbourne and Melbourne wasn't Port. Just as WCE aren't Sydney and Sydney aren't WCE but a prime example has been set out of team's capabilities of choking during the finals and it's possible for any team. It only takes about 2 games for you to drop out of the top 4 and linger on the top 8, the ladder is congested and it'll continue to be as the season goes on. Geelong are still pretenders in my books, they are as big failures almost to the extent as the Saints for the past couple of years, always falling short. You can brag all you like when they start winning finals.

wyho

HSC
N/A
its too early to tell who's good for the finals, its only halfway and the form during halfway only give little indications to their performance in the finals series. some teams could be good now but cant handle the finals pressure later in the finals n choke due to finals inexperience or expectation pressure , example of this was port back in 2002-2003 when they won like 18 consecutive games going into finals and lose against sydney in their home turf in da qualifying final and ended up knocking out. just talk about this during round 20. peace

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
adders said:
Flooding may have been around before, but it was the swans who developed it into a now normal aspect of the game. The swans play boring football, its a scourge that is beginning to affect other teams
Thats it. Flooding? Your blaming flooding. A Tactic developed over 11yrs ago! A commonly used tactic in Basketball and soccer aswell as many other sports. A tactic that any dumbass coach could think of if they ever watched a game from another sport. Thats the big tactic that the swans have developed which is ruining the game. A tactic used by every team in the AFL.

Watch a swans match properly, without listening to the commentary and the media, and realise the swans don't flood now. They have in the past, along with every other team in the AFL

adders

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
Thats it. Flooding? Your blaming flooding. A Tactic developed over 11yrs ago! A commonly used tactic in Basketball and soccer aswell as many other sports. A tactic that any dumbass coach could think of if they ever watched a game from another sport. Thats the big tactic that the swans have developed which is ruining the game. A tactic used by every team in the AFL.

Watch a swans match properly, without listening to the commentary and the media, and realise the swans don't flood now. They have in the past, along with every other team in the AFL
Mate i watch most swans games and i agree with u that they dont use it much anymore but it is a scourge of the game developed by them and to scycotic who says that someone else would have used it, true but the swans were the first.

Look at swans games from an impartial position and u will see that they play boring football, it may almost always be a tight contest but there is little excitement in the way they play. Look at Carlton, its a pleasure to watch them play. As jorge valdano famously said in relation to swans fans 'if u hang a piece of shit from a rope, they'll tell u that its art but its not, its just a piece of shit (said in relation to liverpool but definetly applies in this situation). All i'm saying is that they play boring football, and being devoted swans fans u cant clearly see how boring it really easy

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I'll tell you this. I don't think the swans style of play is boring. I'm not going to say its good to watch either. The only team I can honestly say are entertaining to watch are Hawthorn. That's the only team for me, but I do have my bias inbuilt to Sydney and I love them no matter what they do (as you said)

wyho

HSC
N/A
absolutely dissapointing... swans got dumped by the pies, even with an unexperienced pie outfit. im starting to wonder if the swans can make the 8 with that performance. hall's so dissapointing given his potential. maybe hall should accept the 10 million dollar deal with boxing instead lol

adders

HSC
YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! so happy that the swans lost, top 4 chances gone. Looking at a 6-7 record after their inevitable loss to the mighty cats at the cattery. Finals chances looking slimmer by the week for the swans, every loss puts a smile on my face.

btw huge game coming up rd15 at the MCG - Cats vs Pies, should be a ripper

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
swans played absolutely shithouse on saturday night...probably one of the worst performances i have ever seen
their kicking was atrocious, their skillz were absolutely appalling and their decision making was really bad.
they deserved to lose more than the 19 point margin, and i hope they better adjust that quickly when they play geelong at skilled stadium, because with the way theyre playing, this might be the year that they wont make the 8 with paul roos being coach

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Prediction for this weekend, cats 90 - swans 30. ablett to get 30 touches again and lingy to tag goodes, giving him no more than 10 touches. if hall cant perform with an understrength and relatively young collingwood backline, how will he go against the likes of scarlett, milburn and harley to name a few.

in other news, with the injury to judd, mega money on ablett jr for the brownlow with two BoG's in a row. imagine that, geelong flag and geelong brownlow.. simply awesome.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
oh dear... barry hall might be out for the season... that will prolly mean the swans will do better...

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Mojoman said:
oh dear... barry hall might be out for the season... that will prolly mean the swans will do better...
Strangely enough I agree :eek:

adders

HSC
Wat another great win for the cats, so sweet this time as it was against the swans, made myself a cool $150. Swans will definetly not make top4 and hopefully they'll miss out on the eight aswell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)