• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Ratings;
Gilchrist - 9 - drop catch.
Katich - 6 - Good sturdy innings
Punter - 8 - good innings
Martyn - 7 - Much better perfromance
Symonds - 9 - I hate him. Hes the reason why World XI lost.
Clarke - 5 - lame
Hussey - 3 - would rate him higher, but he didnt have anything to do.
Watson - 6 - took some ctaches
Bracken - 6 - I like theguy, but Andrew G fucked up this time
Lee - 6 - not that excellent
Clark - 6 - hmmmm
White - 3 - absolutely useless.

WORLD XI;
Gayle - 8 - great entertainment
Sangakkara - 9 - Great game.
Kallis - 3 - not very useful.
Lara - 3 - ^^^
Dravid - 6 - helpful innings
Flintoff - 7 - hard fought innings

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Kallis is holding back, honestly he is the equivalent to Australia's Matthew Hayden.

I honestly want to see more from the South Africans and Brian Lara.

Kallis lost the momentum for the team and it was downhill from there (but also change in agressive field placements).

Gayle was awesome and like the commentators suggested, they should of gave him a bowl or two.

And whats with Martyn running out his partner all the time. I'm sure its not the first.

Last edited:

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Kallis is holding back, honestly he is the equivalent to Australia's Matthew Hayden.

I honestly want to see more from the South Africans and Brian Lara.

Kallis lost the momentum for the team and it was downhill from there (but also change in agressive field placements).

Gayle was awesome and like the commentators suggested, they should of gave him a bowl or two.

And whats with Martyn running out his partner all the time. I'm sure its not the first.
Well it is not the one-dayers that count, the test is the big one.

Sangakkarra was in the squad for the test team but was culled from the original 30 players. Obviously there are some south-africans in the selection panel so you can't really help it.

Hopefully this World XI against the best team in the world thing doesnt happen like every year or something. It should just be a one-off thing like the previous games in 71.

But Kallis ... aaahh! Sanga was going to go on

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's planned for it to happen once every 4 years or something similar from memory.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
copious said:
Meh I think it's time to change the pace attack, it aint working. Draft in Ntini for Aktar, or bring Shane Bond into the squad :/
isnt shane bond injured? if not i dont know why he isnt in there.

kallis is going to have a good test. he played great shots while he was out there. all great orthodox shots. he was just outed by great field placements.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
redruM said:
isnt shane bond injured? if not i dont know why he isnt in there.

kallis is going to have a good test. he played great shots while he was out there. all great orthodox shots. he was just outed by great field placements.
From memory, he just CAME BACK from injury against Zimbabwe, I think, and took something like 6/19 off 7 overs in one of the ODIs.

The fact that he's only been back for about a month probably has something to do with it.

Kallis is a useless ODI player in much the same way that Rahul Dravid is useless. They are both poor fielders in the One Day form, and they strike at 70. For top order batsmen, I think it's unacceptable, especially considering that this strike rate is only bolstered by the fact that they pick up speed towards the end of high scores.

Batters such as Ponting seem to strike consistently at 75 or 80 throughout their whole innings. I'd much rather have a player like that who won't put undue pressure on the batting team (as Kallis did tonight).

All that said, Kallis is definitely one of the premier Test players in the world. He shall be very good in the SuperTest.

The men from the World XI who I've been most disappointed with so far, though, are Akhtar, Sehwag and Lara. Akhtar has offered nothing in attack, and Sehwag and Lara have thrown their wickets away both times, showing no respect for the Australians at all.

They really have got to lift their game.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Kallis and Dravid both have fast centuries to their names.

They are also, like you said, great test players. The two best batsmen in the world currently.

They must indeed lift their games.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Pollock has to lighten up a bit. Very costly his bowling today, he had a few good balls early on but too many no balls. Some of the no ball calls were quite tight.

Jimmy_B

HSC
yep, yep. i'd be happy to co-found a whitey fan club.

how about this for a sig pic?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Hussey you legend! that ball that hit the roof was surely worth a six lol, he now has got an average of 123.50 from 20 matches or so, michael bevan eat your heart out

oh yeah Cameron White for Man of the Series!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ideally bond would have been playing...ive always liked him. Ntini should have played all three, Akhtar didnt deserve to be there (and no that is NOT in hindsight)
We;re without freddy now and chasing 294...hmm i have my doubts

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
gee this is a hammering now... the big question remains - will whitey get a bowl

edit:

heres a couple of 2 minute jobs for the cameron white pic:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)