The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Keano has been linked to 15 Premiership clubs through the numerous tabloid rumour mills of England. Becks has also come out and said Gary Neville should be skipper.

And Congrats to Fiorentina, beating Milan 3-1. Looks as if Juve almost have the title sown up.

nedzelic

HSC
still got my shirt on - wore it every day
hey, if you's haven't heard the abc radio commentary from wilko and andy harper yet yous should; it lets you re-live the moment again
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200511/s1508546.htm
- it's on the right

i must say, i din't really lose my voice properly till extra time
it's a shame on tv that the full volume of the corwd didn't come out. i mean, during their anthem...fuck, the only way you knew it was going still was b/c their players were shown on the big screen. and then in their anthem, at the end they have a small part where they sing for about 30 secs, and people started booing even louder. absolutely awesome - we did exactly what we had to do. i must say, i didnt have conficdecne in the quality of australian football crowds but that was good stuff

it was such a night. my brother who was sitting next to me said he had never heard that many profanities from one person in his life. i just couldn't think of anything else to say. i just ended up swearing loudly - "fuck you fossati you puta, cock-sucker, maricon....' 'oh that's bullshit ref you blind cunt - get fucked you fucker' etc. incoherant it may have been but none the less, it did the job. it climaxed during their penalties. that's when i was just yelling and my vice resembled some 50-year old chain smoker's.
but we did the job. i was thinking in the 20 minutes, b/c of how dodgily we were playing, 'oh fuck, it's all back fired, there's too much pressure on them'
but enter harry kewell and it all went up from there.

fucking brilliant

but seriusoly listen to that commentary
and how good was fossie on sbs - great stuff. you can just feel the tension and agony that was being dispalyed in the ground through the commentary. pretty much by extra time, no commentators were really neutral but who cares, there was too much riding on it for australia.

oh, fantastic. the english language cannot adequately describe the feeling. euphoria, orgasmic, i dunno everyone who watched or who was there knows what i'm on about. anyone who loves football and loves the socceroos and has witnessed previous failed campaigns at the final hurdle, and bad luck and all that. anyone who has had to endure your average dum arse fuck auzzie, who's never watched a game of football in their lives, yet still feels hey can comment, predicting that we would not get to the w.c 'becasue we're shit at soccer, aren't we?" all that and and more. the consant piss taking. well everything and everyone can get fukced now. we are there. and we will do well
Hiddink "today is a good day, so today let's say, let's go all the way' johnny would be proud

WE'RE IN
in the words of another iconic auzzie sportsperson, who may be a dick head and engaged to a chick with no chin, but at least he's got passion:

C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
bj_Bhoy 87 said:
And Congrats to Fiorentina, beating Milan 3-1. Looks as if Juve almost have the title sown up.
Have to disagree there mate. Milan is only a whopping 5 points behind Juve with no less than 26 games to play. Long, long way to go yet.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Keano has been linked to 15 Premiership clubs through the numerous tabloid rumour mills of England. Becks has also come out and said Gary Neville should be skipper.

I think Becks is just running the Captaincy campaign for his mate Gary there, maybe he actually reckons that GN is indeed the best choice ATM, I dunno. Anyway, I think he lacks the drive to be Captain, and his current injury woes don't work well in his favour either. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's no one at Old Trafford that strikes as a leader to me, that sure includes the Gaffe.

On the Serie A, mate your jumping the gun there. As Benny_ said, long way to go yet. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Toni just can't stop scorin, hez currently outshinin the likez of Adriano and Shevchenko in Italy atm. 10m euroz well spent, they'll make the Championz League fo sure.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
Again fair way to go yet, although, Fiorentina in the UCL, reminds me of their glory days a few years back, Batistuta was an absolute gun.
Yeah some comparisonz have already been made between Toni and the great Batistuta. There have also been linkz between him and Bayern Munich. If Fiorentina can beat Milan then they have the quality to finish in the top 4.

Although a long way to go, itz hard to see anyone catchin Juve atm.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Toni to Munich, unlikely IMO. They already possess the likes of Makaay, Santa Cruz, Pizarro, Paolo Guerrero, and Ali Karimi. If he moves, it'd have to be within the Serie A, that said he might just stay put, Fiorentina are travelling well to this point.

nedzelic

HSC
yeah, we need francis to get injured. but b/c of how freakishly well wigan have done it will be impossible for anyone to be dropped unitl they start losing, if they do, and so players may need to be dropped. but i'm confident once joey gets a start in the prem he will prove his quality and will be one of their best players. just like with nay player, you need to take your chances once they come along - it's very hard to oust someone in training. anyway, he's rpobably finding it difficult and starnge - he's nerv been on the bench ad he's used to playing european football, and being captain - for gencribiliji, genk and hadjuk, and now he's come to an even smaller club and isn't getting a look in

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Chinese winger trials at Wigan

Great for Chinese football, hopefully he's a success.
Did you know the Li Tie iz still wit Everton...? He didn't even get the chance when Everton were goin so shit recently. Still remember him when he waz a regular starter, played very well in the holdin position. Now that Gravesonz gon he still don't get a look, poor boy.

Apparently Adelaide marquee signin Qu Shengching only came to A-League cauz he waz squeezed out by the Chinese league, and Chinese media believed the A-League iz a "third-tier" competition on par wit Singapore and Malaysia. Maybe Qu can give some wise wordz now that hez playin regularly wit Adelaide.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Did you know the Li Tie iz still wit Everton...? He didn't even get the chance when Everton were goin so shit recently. Still remember him when he waz a regular starter, played very well in the holdin position. Now that Gravesonz gon he still don't get a look, poor boy.

Apparently Adelaide marquee signin Qu Shengching only came to A-League cauz he waz squeezed out by the Chinese league, and Chinese media believed the A-League iz a "third-tier" competition on par wit Singapore and Malaysia. Maybe Qu can give some wise wordz now that hez playin regularly wit Adelaide.
The way I see it...

England/Spain/Italy=Tier 1
Holland/Germany/France/Portugal/Brazil/Argentina=Tier 2
Belgium+Big Eastern European countries=Tier 3

If Sydney FC were competitive with the likes of Dynamo Kiev and Club Brugges I'd be very impressed indeed. Then again, I doubt if any Chinese clubs would be terribly competitive against them either. It's all pie in the sky right now anyway. We'll have a better idea of how the A-League weighs up in the grand scheme of things in the Asian Champions League and the World Club Championship.

On another note, Robbie Fowler's contract at City will apparently run to an end in January. Considering his age and injuries, he wouldn't demand high wages and I really hope Rafa can give him a shot. He's not the player he once was, but such is his bond with Liverpool that I feel that if he were to come back, he'd rediscover some of the form that made him such a legend.

Last edited:
T

timbk2

didnt SydneyFc already beat the asian champions league winner in a pre-season friendly?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
A-League ain't the best and itz still just the beginnin, but I believe itz still better than the leaguez in South-East Asia. But to watch Aussie clubz playin the the Asian Championz League I guess we would have to wait til late 06.

nedzelic

HSC
li tie has only just recovered from an horrifc broken leg that kept him out for 18 months - that's why he's not been in action last season or this one

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
He didn't play 1 min of football in major competition fo Everton thiz season, Moyes iz just reluctant to use him atm. Just recovered from the injury..? Well hez been available fo selection since the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)