The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Michael Ballack plays a very similar role to Lampard, so I don't think that he is really a necessary signing for Chelsea. What they really need to spend their money on is a prolific striker. If Chelsea could add a player like Shevchenko to their squad...then I believe that they would arguably be the most complete side in the world.

A quality central midfield player like Ballack, however, is exactly what Man Utd need. I don't know whether the acquisition of such a player would mean that we could match Chelsea in the league, but I'd sure as hell like to find out:) .
Chelsea aren't that far ahead of everyone elz in the league. Like I said, we're only 1 or 2 playerz away from the top team in England. Defensively we're covered when Gabi comez back, while Evra and Vidic can be good backupz. If Ballack comez then our line up will surely be a formidable one. Dare I say, wit our fine forward line we'll surely be on par wit the blue kuntz.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I really don't like the prospect of seein Ballack in a blue fag shirt, that'll make em have the most complete midfield in Europe, if not the world. So far the Cuntskiz are the only club to be involved in talkz wit him and I'm surprised that Fergie ain't doin anythin about it atm. We right now are only short of a big name in midfield
Michael Ballack plays a very similar role to Lampard, so I don't think that he is really a necessary signing for Chelsea. What they really need to spend their money on is a prolific striker. If Chelsea could add a player like Shevchenko to their squad...then I believe that they would arguably be the most complete side in the world.

A quality central midfield player like Ballack, however, is exactly what Man Utd need. I don't know whether the acquisition of such a player would mean that we could match Chelsea in the league, but I'd sure as hell like to find out:) .

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Ballack is almost a necessity for United. Neither of your new defensive acquisitions have been terribly wonderful, so you may still need to spend more to shore up your back line. Ballack would not only vastly improve your shite midfield, but would also free up funds to get some top notch defensive backup... maybe pick up Gattuso as well, he'd definitely help

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Tim Cahill should goto Man Utd, he is exactly what they need and with the guidance of SAF he would be a gun player, but i dont think that is possible since he signed a new contract.

But yeah, even with Scholes back next year the MUTD midfield looks soft and that is is probaly the missing piece to the puzzle atm.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
copious said:
Tim Cahill should goto Man Utd, he is exactly what they need and with the guidance of SAF he would be a gun player, but i dont think that is possible since he signed a new contract.

But yeah, even with Scholes back next year the MUTD midfield looks soft and that is is probaly the missing piece to the puzzle atm.
You're joking: Tim Cahill? I know he performs well for Everton and Australia, but he seems a poor man's Frank Lampard. We don't need any attacking players; we need a highly defensive midfielder to protect a formidable but poncy defence, a box-to-box player who's unafraid of doing the dirty work, but also capable of scoring goals. It's an unfortunate business because there aren't any noteworthy midfielders available yet; none in the vein of Roy at any rate.

As for Ruud, the situation is deplorable in my eyes. Sure: give Saha his due, because he scored goals in the CC comp and generally looked sharper. But if RVN was on in place of Saha for the Newcastle game, we definitely would have won 7-0. I was screaming loudly at the television for the fucking complacency the team showed after the second goal, and Saha was to blame for a lot of those misses. Back to the situation with Ruud. Fergie said every player had to feel the cold shoulder once in a while, but why van Nistelrooy? He's scored nearly 20 goals this season and showed unwavering loyalty when clubs like Milan and Chelsea are imminent on the horizon. The papers reckon he'll leave in the summer, and if he moves to another EPL club, his new employers will certainly feel the benefits of his gift. Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are clubs who are in need of a player like Ruud - we can't let him go for not scoring enough goals in the CC and wasting chances like Saha.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
Benny_ said:
I think Ballack is almost a necessity for United. Neither of your new defensive acquisitions have been terribly wonderful, so you may still need to spend more to shore up your back line. Ballack would not only vastly improve your shite midfield, but would also free up funds to get some top notch defensive backup... maybe pick up Gattuso as well, he'd definitely help
Bullshit. He's a selfish bastard in terms of the contribution to doing the dirty work, such as tackling and defending. Don't you think he will find it difficult to displace Lampard as the central midfielder. I don't know if you have noticed, but Ballack is not that great defensively. Munich suffered against Chelsea in last year's Champions League because the Blues' midfield and attack were so well intertwined and organised, in turn exposing Munich's comparatively poor defence and midfield.

As for Vidic and Evra, they have showed signs of promise despite the latter seeming fairly poxy. I think Vidic is great - really strong and tough, although he's not very pacy and seems a wee bit unfit. Evra, on the other hand, is very fast and packs a good cross, which makes me think he'd be a better winger than defender. They come from different leagues (and the EPL, along with the SPL, is by far the toughest game in the world) so of course they're going to play out of unison. I'm sure they'll come good.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Brown out of the West Brom game due to a groin strain, nothin to be worried about and Vidic iz expected to partner Rio in the centre of defence. Well I expect Ruud to come back to the startin line up now after Sahaz rather ineffective display last week.

If we can get past 90 pointz then we'll definitely give the kuntz somethin to think about next season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
ryan11 said:
Bullshit. He's a selfish bastard in terms of the contribution to doing the dirty work, such as tackling and defending. Don't you think he will find it difficult to displace Lampard as the central midfielder. I don't know if you have noticed, but Ballack is not that great defensively. Munich suffered against Chelsea in last year's Champions League because the Blues' midfield and attack were so well intertwined and organised, in turn exposing Munich's comparatively poor defence and midfield.
A. What does that have to do with him being a supremely useful acquisition for United?

and

B. Ballack is a far better rounded midfielder than Lampard. He scores less goals, but he's better in the tackle and far more influential in driving on the team. Ballack is, essentially, the only comparable player to Steven Gerrard in the world. Lampard's a fine attacking midfielder, one of the best in the business, but he's more like.. Michael Owen. If he doesn't score a goal, there'll be long periods where he goes entirely absent. Chelsea has 2 avenues of attack- the long ball to Drogba, or any of their 4 spectacular wing men, to whom Lampard, Essien and Makelele give service from the centre. Allow me to quote you another game from the CL last year that illustrates the relative importance the Chelsea wingers as compared to Lampard: Liverpool versus Chelsea.

At that time, Chelsea relied heavily on Robben, and to a lesser extent, Duff. Joe Cole hadn't yet come into his own, and SWP was running the show at City. Arjen Robben was injured for the match, and with Liverpool putting every man in their own half, Chelsea's chief counter-attacking strategy neutralised. Where was Lampard in all this? Hmmm

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
ryan11 said:
You're joking: Tim Cahill? I know he performs well for Everton and Australia, but he seems a poor man's Frank Lampard. We don't need any attacking players; we need a highly defensive midfielder to protect a formidable but poncy defence, a box-to-box player who's unafraid of doing the dirty work, but also capable of scoring goals. It's an unfortunate business because there aren't any noteworthy midfielders available yet; none in the vein of Roy at any rate.

As for Ruud, the situation is deplorable in my eyes. Sure: give Saha his due, because he scored goals in the CC comp and generally looked sharper. But if RVN was on in place of Saha for the Newcastle game, we definitely would have won 7-0. I was screaming loudly at the television for the fucking complacency the team showed after the second goal, and Saha was to blame for a lot of those misses. Back to the situation with Ruud. Fergie said every player had to feel the cold shoulder once in a while, but why van Nistelrooy? He's scored nearly 20 goals this season and showed unwavering loyalty when clubs like Milan and Chelsea are imminent on the horizon. The papers reckon he'll leave in the summer, and if he moves to another EPL club, his new employers will certainly feel the benefits of his gift. Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are clubs who are in need of a player like Ruud - we can't let him go for not scoring enough goals in the CC and wasting chances like Saha.
Saha saved United in last night's game

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nah Rooney ran the show again last night, Saha just finished thingz off. First goal waz a good header and the second waz through some good/fortunate passin. Ruud didn't get a run, I'm gettin worried.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
If Van Nistelrooy is forced out, United should reconsider keeping Fergie at the helm. He's been one of your best and most loyal servants from the day he set foot at Old Trafford, and good as your strikeforce might be, at the end of a full season, I think you'd badly miss his goals.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It lookz like Van Nistelrooy will be warmin the bench fo a while still wit Brum comin up next week. Hez very important in our plan and I don't think Fergie iz foolish enough to force such a prolific striker out of the club.

Meanwhile Fulham 1-0 Chelsea. :D It'll make thingz very interestin should they drop mo pointz next week.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. he was foolish enough to force out Roy Keane and David Beckham wasn't he? I'm pretty sure you could use the pair of them right now.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
And surely Arsenal can do wit a Vieira too, maybe Wenger should be on his way to Real Madrid then.

David Beckham waz forced out becauz he and Fergie didn't get along too well, not fo sportin reasonz. Van Nistelrooy right now, I believe, iz gettin benched fo certain sportin reasonz, prob to create competition fo next season. Keane left becauz of variouz reasonz, mainly due to injury concernz.

Mourinho last night showed again why he ain't nothin special, he got pissed off and reacted by makin bold substitutionz that didn't pay off. Show learn to use yo head and keep yo composure mo, like Rafa.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Vieira too be fair, wanted out. Wenger thought that he was on the decline, and let him go.

Beckham was forced out during the peak of his career. He was awesome in his last season with United. Van Nistelrooy not playing for sporting reasons.. possibly. The fact that he didn't get a minute's play last match though must surely be a cause for concern.

Yes, Mourinho is hopelessly unimaginative with his substitutions. I don't think I've ever actually seen him make a non-like-for-like substitution. And benching SWP after 25 minutes? Ridiculous. It just goes to show that as efficient as their system is, they only ever have a plan A. Unless you count chucking Huth in when the chips are down 85 minutes into a match as a plan B that is :p

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Hmm.. he was foolish enough to force out Roy Keane and David Beckham wasn't he? I'm pretty sure you could use the pair of them right now.
Didnt Fergie get rid of Stam cos he wrote somethin in his autobiography which wasnt quite to SAF's liking lol?

Oh and Rafa used a 3-5-2 in this mornins game vs the Toon with immediate success, lets c if he sticks wif it...

Jimmy_B

HSC
Benny_ said:
Vieira too be fair, wanted out. Wenger thought that he was on the decline, and let him go.

Beckham was forced out during the peak of his career. He was awesome in his last season with United.
spot on. wenger has pretty much been justified in selling him too, gash for two seasons at highbury and now always injured and out of form at juve. if he hadn't sold edu as well arsenal wouldnt be in 5th and would probably still be in the top two. that was the scummers big mistake.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
What are your predictions for the Champions League and World Cup, guys? Do any of you disagree with the proposition that Barca and Brazil are certainties? ...I just wanted to liven this thread up a bit:)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Barca lookz like a very good proposition fo the Champz League, however Milan iz gettin better and better and somehow I feel Arsenal can do somethin, even though I hate to admit it. Barca also have Puyol suspended fo the first leg against Benfica, az well az havin Marquez and Edmilson sidelined wit injuriez.

And the World Cup, well there are so many quality sidez in there. I'll still stick wit Brazil though. They'll be great to watch, since they don't have too many good defenderz, but have many good attackerz, so there'll be plenty of goalz to see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)