The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Silvestre played shithouse all game, can't wait til Heinze comez back. Brown waz again solid in defence, but the manner we concede our goal wazn't very nice, everyone in the box just watched the Wigan player strokin the ball home.

Thatz the second time I watched Wigan lose in the last min, once against Chelsea and now against United. They really do play good footy though, and deserve their place in the top flight.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
It certainly wasnt worth missing precious sleep to see how shithouse ManU have become this morning. Still, somehow they were gifted three points.

And Lampard will be fit for Barca. I dont think he was injured at all, Jose just wanted to keep him from playing the previous friendly. That "hamstring" strain will be right by gametime for sure.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
We didn't play our best game but the most important thing iz that we won. Chelsea played shit against Wigan on the same ground too but they still snatched the win at the death wit a brilliant strike by Crespo. At least keepz uz in pole position to finish second ahead of Pool.

HSC
Damn, when I left home for uni I had a huge smile on my face because I was going to post and laugh after they were down. I was still pretty smug even when Trezeguet scored .... poor Wiese was so close to MOTM award and then that happens. :mad1:

At least Inter will hopefully have the chance to knock them out once and for all! :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah I was hoping Bremen would knock them out, but you can't deny the hilarity of that howler.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Oh well, at least Barca knocked out the blue kuntz. That last min penalty waz so dodgy, but it don't matter at the end I guess.

Poor Bremen, I really do feel fo em. And come on Benfica, show em scouserz that we didn't get knocked out by some shitty team.

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Silvestre played shithouse all game, can't wait til Heinze comez back. Brown waz again solid in defence, but the manner we concede our goal wazn't very nice, everyone in the box just watched the Wigan player strokin the ball home.

Thatz the second time I watched Wigan lose in the last min, once against Chelsea and now against United. They really do play good footy though, and deserve their place in the top flight.
Wigan are indeed very good. I bet they'll do a West Ham and sign Paolo di Canio, which'd be damn great. Silvestre wasn't shithouse; the entire back-line were poor because they were complacent and suffering from bad communication. I personally think Silvestre is a fantastic defender, quite versatile, but the recent acquisitions of Evra and Vidic have probably raised his insecurities over his future. In a perfect world, I'd have Argentina, Wes, Rio and Steven Gerrard as my defenders - yes, Steven Gerrard. He'd be a fucking awesome RB.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal iz the English team to go furthest in Europe thiz season, who would've thought. So now who are they against...?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Arsenal through, and deservedly so, just an awesome game this morning ...
One of the best 0-0 games ive ever seen, i thought the whole team was excellent, although standouts where Henry, Eboue and Hleb, but i have never seen Hleb have a bloody shot at goal, have a shot son for gods sake !!
Eboue, what a little champ, its like we never missed Campbell, Cole, Lauren and company ...
I couldnt understand RM managers tactics, Raul off, and leaving Ronanldo on, and Robinho, Cicinho, Cassano on the bench, like wtf, WTF !!

Lyon, Lyon, Lyon ... they would have to be hot favourites together with Milan now ...
Tiago was on fire, and the Benfica goals were absolutely spectacular

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Liverpool v arsenal

arse on a high from beating RM through quality playing (not luck...though it is only real madrid)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
Barcelona would be considered the favouritez wit Ronnie runnin the show in Europe. Wit Milan bein inconsistent I wouldn't make em favouritez just yet.

Anyway just wait fo the quarter final draw tonight, then we'll see who goez against who.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Anyway just wait fo the quarter final draw tonight, then we'll see who goez against who.
Arsenal v Juventus
Lyon v AC Milan
Inter Milan or Ajax v Villarreal
Benfica v Barcelona

Vieira back amongst friends...

Jimmy_B

HSC
arse v juve and lyon v milan are going to be crackers. lyon canbeat them but don't have juninho for the first leg, while juve will miss nedved and arsenal will have cole, van persie and campbell back in the side by then.

really looking forward to these. anyone with a prediction?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The Arse vs Juve should be brilliant, I'm thinking Arsenal will go through with the away goal rule. Both Milans and Barca to join them in the semis

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Arsenal v Juventus ... Arsenal !! with Vieira, Nedved and Trezuguet all injured hopefully
Lyon v AC Milan ... Too close, should be a cracker !!
Inter Milan or Ajax v Villarreal ... Inter
Benfica v Barcelona ... Bullshit, but hey Benfica 3-0 agg over Liverpool

outwide

HSC
hey guys little of topic but.... how do i post a new thread sorry can't find out how anywhere

little help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)