• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
At this stage Lyon should be signalling that they'd be quite happy to just hold onto the little punk until his contract expires. 2 years without football. That'll learn'em.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Essien wantz to do a Robinho, but there will be no Pele to help him, so he can just sit on the sideline fo all he wantz.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
essien will go ... but lyon might be begging chelsea for <20mil sooner than they think, and hence houllier will once again be fucked over ... quoting the arrogant bastard of a man Jose Mourinho "if we dont get him, i dont care" ... my advice to lyon is sell now ... der is a fine line between milking and fucking with russian money ...

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Lyon needs to make an example of Essien. Players are way too powerful these days.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fergie up for Owen
Sir Alex Ferguson will step up his bid to bring Michael Owen to Manchester United after Louis Saha's latest injury setback. Fergie's striking options were dealt a huge blow yesterday when it emerged £12.85million flop Saha has undergone knee surgery and will be out for at least a month. The United boss will now hope the Old Trafford board make available the funds he needs to bring Owen back to the Premiership. And Fergie is determined to land the Real Madrid striker, who is desperate for a move back home.
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

Saha, itz just been setback after setback, almost embarrassin. I guess it won't be all bad gettin Owen afterall, although itz better tryin to land Ballack, which now seem very unlikely.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I'll be happy if Owen moves to Man U. Let him fuck them around like he did Liverpool.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
gerrard is like a brad fittler while essien is like a braith anasta.
I know who Fittler and Anasta are but I have no idea how they compare as players. I'm assuming you mean that Gerrard is much better than Essien? :)

Benny_ said:
At this stage Lyon should be signalling that they'd be quite happy to just hold onto the little punk until his contract expires. 2 years without football. That'll learn'em.
Benny_ said:
Lyon needs to make an example of Essien. Players are way too powerful these days.
I agree but the only club that can afford to do that are Chel$$ki and they're the one's so many of the punks are wanting to head to.

LMF^^ said:
Essien wantz to do a Robinho, but there will be no Pele to help him, so he can just sit on the sideline fo all he wantz.
The Robinho saga was absolutely disgusting. Real are pathetic and so is that kid. I can't believe he boycotted training sessions and what not. I think clubs should start to put harsher rules in player's contracts about these sorts of things. If a player doesn't turn up to a training session without a valid reason then they should have that entire weeks salary cancelled. Same goes for a player who decides they don't want to play a game without a valid reason.
RUB!X said:
essien will go ... but lyon might be begging chelsea for <20mil sooner than they think, and hence houllier will once again be fucked over ... quoting the arrogant bastard of a man Jose Mourinho "if we dont get him, i dont care" ... my advice to lyon is sell now ... der is a fine line between milking and fucking with russian money ...
Beautiful.

BBC report said:
"Gerard Houllier is not happy but it's very, very difficult for Michael because he's in Lyon but his head is in Chelsea," said Piveteau [Essien’s agent].
What the hell? Michael is finding it difficult? His head is in Chelsea? SO give it a good kick back to where it ought to be - Lyon.

BBC report said:
Essien was earlier quoted as saying: "I feel very let down by Lyon. I cannot understand why they've acted this way."
No shit? You feel let down aye? How about the Lyon fans and the club? :mad:

slip said:
lyon should have sold essien for 23million, considering he has 2 years left on his contract should he not go this summer his value would drop emmensly next summer. and he isnt happy at lyon. anyway in my view lyon has cut off its nose to spite its face. now they dont get 23million which that could buy decent players with, they actually spend money on essien's wages which could have paid other players actually playing and they dont get the services of player(s) worth (in chelsea eyes) 23million dollars.
Spot on. Lyon cannot afford to keep paying wages while no service is returned. Besides if they do not sell and wait till next season - Chelsea might just decide that they'll wait another season and accept him for free. He's still young - him coming to them for free at 24 would be a very good move on their part.

----

If he wants to leave - fine BUT what gets to me is the skipping sessions and demanding not to play any games. Until he is at Stamford Bridge then he should be trying his best for Lyon.

The BBC report on Essien

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah, footballers, are spoilt pieces of shit ...

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I didn't find it that funny. It would be funny if it actually did happen I guess.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I'm referring to the other people in the post who are "shitting themselves with laughter".

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
slip said:
smith may have been one of the better players, but he is not what keane once was
djemba failed and hence got shown thhe door
ronaldo has more in him (and for that i put him in there)
saha has been injured
richardson is no beckham/scholes/giggs or keane
thus everything i said was true

lyon should have sold essien for 23million, considering he has 2 years left on his contract should he not go this summer his value would drop emmensly next summer. and he isnt happy at lyon. anyway in my view lyon has cut off its nose to spite its face. now they dont get 23million which that could buy decent players with, they actually spend money on essien's wages which could have paid other players actually playing and they dont get the services of player(s) worth (in chelsea eyes) 23million dollars.

so gerrard is fitler and essien is braith. i didnt know gerrard retired and essien transfer to liverpool. how much did he go for?
you said they have failed or yet to fulfil potential, i can argue that smiths, ronaldo and richardson have fulfilled as much as they can be expected within 1 season... you cannot compare richardson who is basically a reserves player at utd to beckham who was the face of the team....right now he's role isn't beckhams replacement either. besides players usually dont reach their full potential in their late 20s so theresnothing wrong with room for improvement in a young player

what i meant was gerrard can lift a side by his presence, hes an inspirational leader and match winner.... attributes that essien simply cannot match yet. lyon has given chelsea 2 days to make a decent offer or the deal is off.

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i dont think the deal will return either, not for anywhere near the price lyon want ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Season starts in half an hour!!

Thank fuck. Let's stuff the cunts first up. Should set the tone for Stamford Bridge showdown in a fortnight.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
couldnt have said better myself mate :p

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
2 goals from drogba ... not looking good for arsenal....

edit: and it finishes 2-1... arsenals defence looked abit shaky

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
2 goals from drogba ... not looking good for arsenal....

edit: and it finishes 2-1... arsenals defence looked abit shaky
...but Fabregas had a great game for Arsenal. I still think that Arsenal will greatly miss Vieira this season...but Cesc looks like a worthy replacement from what I saw.

...Senderos on the other hand looked nowhere near as solid as he did at the back-end of last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)