• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
was this on sbs? sounded like a good match. who was in the mid for arsenal, hleb and cesc?

slip

HSC
my point is simple constipated skunk, you cant replace players like giggs, butt, beckham, neville, scholes, keane, schmichae, sherrignham, cole, yorke (who have left or are diminishing in their effect) with players like richardson, djemba, smith etc because those players are not at the point of being able to do the job to the same level (yes richardson may be doing better then expected, but its not good enough)

you cant replace class with youth that will develope in to class, without suffering with a few bad results.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
"You'll never win anything with kids"- Alan Hansen on Fergie's fledglings, August 1995.

If everyone in the United squad were youth at same level as Ronaldo and Rooney, they'd pose Chelsea serious problems. Problem is, most of the players aren't 'youth that will develop into class'. I don't see players like Smith, Djemba-Djemba, Fletcher or Richardson ever achieving the standards Ronaldo and Rooney are setting even now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
"You'll never win anything with kids"- Alan Hansen on Fergie's fledglings, August 1995.
I hope that Slip is made to eat his words the same way that Hansen did :) .

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
slip said:
you cant replace class with youth that will develope in to class, without suffering with a few bad results.
See Arsenal of last season for case of reference.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
on a related note wtf happened to pique? he was supposed to be one of the brightest prospects in defence in the world when we got him from barce.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
on a related note wtf happened to pique? he was supposed to be one of the brightest prospects in defence in the world when we got him from barce.
A poor man's Cesc.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i watched the game today at the sam bar, it was a great game to watch, very nice passing game by arsenal, and chelsea defended it excellently ... cesc played very well, i think defensively we were quite poor though, alot of lucky offside calls ...
in other news
Hungarian team Debrecen will fight against Manchester Utd, on Tuesday.
First match of Debrecen was very impressive:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/FixturesResults/Round=2199/Match=81460/index.html

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Try and pick out the players - so far I got Chad Gibson, Ufuk Talay, Nick Carle, Michael Ferrante, Ross Aloisi, Devine and John Hutchison , I don't know who that guy in the orange shirt is and a few more of the other guys who just flash by. If anyone can find all the names, please post.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Sydney United iz included in the poll on the A-League website, how interestin.

^___^
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:

he is still young, think still a teenager..defenders don't peak that early

niall045

HSC
HeCtic said:
at least the thing doesnt look dodge.

btw Roma has had its transfer embargo (temporarily) lifted. now cassano will probably leave, probably to juve. but their other signings (taddei, kuffour & nonda) look like they can stay now. im lookin forward to this season. it might not be so miserable as the last.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
niall045 said:
at least the thing doesnt look dodge.

btw Roma has had its transfer embargo (temporarily) lifted. now cassano will probably leave, probably to juve. but their other signings (taddei, kuffour & nonda) look like they can stay now. im lookin forward to this season. it might not be so miserable as the last.

Let's get Chivu and quickly.

We'll piss all over them in the league this season. No drama's there.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I was thinking the exact same thing Hectic. Roma is ripe for the plucking right now. I'm sure its top players, with the exception of Totti, will be very keen to get the hell out of there and Liverpool too would I'm sure be most keen on getting Chivu, you guys can have Ferrari or Mexes instead :p Alessandro Mancini is supposedly excellent as well. Damn Roma have some good options at the back. They're signing even more quality at the back with the arrival of Sammy Kuffour from Bayern as well. Shame the rest of their team (Montella, Dacourt and once again, Totti excepted) are rubbish.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Rio finally agreed to a new 4 year contract :) . Cahill also agreed to a 5 year contract with Everton.

Luckily Utd bought Park Ji Sung...cause Giggs is injured:(.

Last edited:
HSC
Seeing Aresnal get beat was so good. Worth staying up and probably stuffing up my Extension English trial for. I was so nervous when Drogba almost fucked that second goal up. A top performance by Chelsea, but they didn't give away too much about their first team, especially the mid-field. Must be a headache choosing the other 2 mids everygame (Presuming Lampard and Makelele are a must). I have a feeling that will also set the tone for the replay at Stamford Bridge in two weeks time. Clean sheet for Chelsea next time though.

I think Cahill has made a bad choice staying with Everton. Rio finally signing with Man U, probably a good move and I'm over the Essien saga.

Also, the mighty Blades off to a flyer, top off the Championship with a stunning 4-1 to open the season against Leicester. Keep it up boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)