The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
it doesnt matter, inter will lose to arsenal, based on the last few arsenal perfomances ... and lyon/milan is up in the air, lyon had like 20 shots to 6, i still think the winner wont get passed barca ...
i predict arsenal barcelona final with arsenal to win the champions league 5-4 in the best final ever seen ...
arsenal barca ... *drools*

- L1n -

HSC
Nah i don't care what people say the bets champions league fonal was when Man Utd won. hahaha lol i still remeber that match like it just happened yesterday, Teddy magic, it was all sheringham that day. Even though he hardly got game time. Just magic.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
No way that was the best ever. The best in recent years was easily Liverpool vs Milan

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
bazookajoe said:
No way that was the best ever. The best in recent years was easily Liverpool vs Milan
I dont think nething will top Liverpool-Milan...unless a team can come back from 4-0 down!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
No way. The best final was easily in 1967 in Lisbon. 200 goals in 64 matches in the season. The Lions did it way before Liverpool got theirs.

RIP Jinky.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Go on Brucie, play the way you played today against the kuntz and you'll have every chance of stayin in the league, although Portsmouth have won 3 straight. Wit United winnin at Bolton we're now only 7 pointz behind. The kuntz still have Bolton and Blackburn to visit and of courz they have a game against uz comin up too. If we can maintain momentum, along wit futher slipz from em, the title race maybe go right down to the wire.

Oh yeah, Saha iz the man.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Damn you Bolton, how could you let United get back. Looks like the Reds' chances for automatic quailfication are over.

On another note, Milan loses a brilliant chance to close the gap on Juve to just 5. Title race over in Italy?

And it looks like Spurs' Champions League chase is in deeper shit than ever. Looks like the same old 4 will be going through again next season

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Tottenham still have a shot, even though they were dusted up by Newcastle.

Arsenal had a huge win .. Villa are crap.

Gunners have a game in hand on the Spurs, and currently sit two points behind.

My money would be on Arsenal to jump over Tottenham pretty easily, but I wouldn't just discount Spurs from the race.

Facken Leeds. Lost to 15th-placed Hull. Goddamnit.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. 11 points gap between Barca and 2nd, pretty unlikely that they'll drop 12 points in the last 6 matches. If Real drop any more points any slim hopes they have are over.

As for the race for the 4th CL spot in the PL, there are still 4 contenders: Bolton, Blackburn, Arsenal and Spurs. At this stage it looks like the Spurs challenge is faltering just as Arsenal and Blackburn are looking very good. Then again Arsenal is still in the CL, so you never know.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Don't worry Spurz, no need to worry about the Arse. We're playin em next week and we're gon give em a spankin. After playin so many gamez in 2 weekz I'm sure we'll have the edge physically over them. And the 70,000 crowd will give em hell.

Injury concern fo Arsenal too after both Eboue and Fabregas picked up knockz last night. I hope Juve can rediscover their form and force it into extra time. :D

Jimmy_B

HSC
lmf, i reckon the scum will win in turin even without cesc and eboue. your cunts better not bottle it and let them get a result. it's pretty the only game they have to really worry about in their run in. :(

also, cole and campbell might be back soon, and van persie is back to full fitness :(

EDIT: van persie's goal. ridiculous

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
lmf, i reckon the scum will win in turin even without cesc and eboue. your cunts better not bottle it and let them get a result. it's pretty the only game they have to really worry about in their run in. :(

also, cole and campbell might be back soon, and van persie is back to full fitness :(
Haha don't you worry, we have a league title to chase, not a mere Championz League spot. :p

Juve haven't done anythin to show that they are back to their best, but I reckon history will again repeat itself, Arsenal chokin at the quarter finalz again.

Jimmy_B

HSC
thing is, they havent conceded a goal in 7 euro games and now juve have to score 3 against them without conceding. it's a tough ask. inter or villareal wouldn't be able to do em so all i'm hoping for is barca or milan to make that final.

united better be up for this game, they could end the championship race at old trafford like they did in 2002.

rewster

HSC
My two teams, Greece and Australia, are playing each other soon. It's good if Greece win so then the Socceroos won't get too cocky before the World Cup and will be better prepared. Go Greece!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Australia bein cocky would be absolutely ridiculouz, bein in a group consistin of Brazil, Croatia and Asian championz Japan leavez uz a very difficult task even just to qualify to the second stage. Greece aren't the same side now compared to the one that won the Euro championship, but I do like what Samaras haz shown. Maybe I just have a soft spot fo all former Heerenveen playerz.

UCL return legz comin up, come on Lyon...! Juninho to win it wit a freekick.

Fuck Milan did a late show again to win it 3-1, fuckin Lyon waz 2 minz away from qualifyin. Inter lost out also. Villareal, what a story.

Last edited:
HSC
Inter underachieving again ... shock, horror!

Mancini made some really odd decisions in his line-up, Figo was unfit and missed out on the first leg and Recoba was also not 100% sure yet they both started. :confused:

I couldn't believe what Materazzi did on the pitch - he is one of my favourite players and pulls a stunt like this. Didn't look too accidental!

http://x10.putfile.com/4/9318470164.gif

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha sif you cant believe materazzi would do such a thing. I mean he has never been known to do this kind of actions... ever. *shock horror*
:p

edit: meh keep forgetting image tags dont work here

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well done to Arsenal, I hope they go on to win it. Then Chelsea will be the only non-'top 4' English teams that hasn't won the CL. It'd be sweet.

Even more sweet will be the Barca vs Milan SF :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't like Arsenal, but if we can win the league then I don't mind seein em winnin the CL. I reckon Villareal can really do somethin now, they're one hell of a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)