The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (2 Viewers)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
I just came back to say, fuck yes. Go you mighty reds!!!!!!!! Either opponent would be pretty great from a Pool supporter's perspective. I guess there'd be a lot more at stake if United get through, but on the other hand, we're much better equipped to deal with Milan this time round then last time, and they should prove a slightly easier opponent. Meh, whatever. We're in the final! Good luck to your boys tomorrow LMF, personally I think they might be up against it if Milan play anything close to their potential. Craig Foster is crappest pundit around (mind you Blanco Culina ain't great either, Tony's probably the best one.. where did Simon Hill go?), 'All depends on Kaka' my ass. You were were wrong about the pens tonight and you'll be wrong about Pirlo, Seedorf and maybe Inzaghi/Gilardino tomororw too.

On Mourinho .. 'the best team didn't go through'. To be honest I like Jose, he's a lot more fun than Wenger and Fergie, but these days I think he's just getting too tired. Too much pressure. Foster was right about one thing, he's gone after this season. Interesting to see who comes in for him. Del Bosque maybe? Felix Magath?
You're back...?

Just at the right time too eh...? When Liverpool's gone to the final.

Nah I agree with Craig Foster, it does all depend on Kaka. Did you watch the first leg...? If you did then you'd have realised that no one in the Milan team was threatening at all except Kaka. Pirlo wasn't doing much, Seedorf did some good things but faded, and then of course our resident clown Gilardino just did absolutely nothing other than taking dives. If Kaka has an off day, we will probably get an easy day.

Gattuso is crucial in this game, and so is Fletcher for us. This will be an interesting battle. Fletcher has performed so well in the past two European games that he has become one of our most important midfielders. He was rested on the weekend so I'd expect him to start at the San Siro. My prediction of a Liverpool United final is still on the cards.

What a final that would be, the most intense final in the history of the European Cup. I don't think the arch rivals of any country has played in the final of an European final.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
LMF^^ said:
All English final would be boring, and I don't like it either. But you can only blame the other teams for not knocking Liverpool and Chelsea out. :p

Why wouldn't you want United in the final, we play an attractive game, probably the best in Europe this season. Our semi final against Milan is worthy of a final itself.

Meh, I hope Liverpool and Chelsea don't send me to sleep.
Yeah it's absolutely nothing against United, if they were reversed with Chelsea/Liverpool I'd still wanna see Milan through.

Liverpool vs Chelsea was pretty meh, but Mourinho must be worrying now

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Haha, yes well.. you can't blame me for wanting to gloat a little!

It's a pity for Milan that no-longer-fat-Ronaldo is cup-tied isn't it? He's been in amazing form for them domestically, their most important player other than Kaka. But even without him, Seedorf has been very good lately as well, definitely been in really good form.

Yes, Gattuso will obviously be the other key here. If he hadn't been injured in the first leg the complexion of the tie would be a whole lot different.

The other thing to keep in mind is the yellow cards- Scholes, Ronaldo and Heinze will need to keep their cool, if two of these, particularly the last two, get banned for the final, we'll certainly be rubbing our hands together in glee. On the other hand I think kaka is also on a yellow, if he's out of the final Milan might also struggle to break Liverpool down. Might make things interesting if things are still delicately poised with 10-15 minutes to go in the game and nerves start to fray. Just to clarify, it's not possible for this one to come down to a shootout unless Milan mirror United's first leg 3-2, right?

And another thing- how will the tickets be distributed for the final amongst the fans of the two teams? I'm sure United's fans will be out in much more formidable numbers than Milan's 2 years ago, where the Anfield atmosphere was replicated in Istanbul. Maybe they could wedge the neutrals in two sections between the Liverpool and United fans on both ends. That way they can still try to out-sing each other without anyone getting injured or killed.. inside the stadium anyhow.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i think everyone knows fozzie is the worst commentator out there basically, every second word is "technical, class, and ronadlhino" the man cannot acknowledge english football at all, i mean for a "chief analyst" he even got messis goal wrong, sayin it was in la liga when it was copa del rey! he is the biggest idiot that says the most obvious things, things johnny warren was saying way before he did, not to mention what experience does he have? playing in what the lower leagues in the uk? the only footie commentator i can stand is simon hill, and the only one i respect is robbie slater, at least he has some experience, west ham, blackburn etc..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Robbie Slater is a fool, the resident Scouser in Australian football.

Fozzie says stupid crap, but his analysis are pretty accurate. Simon Hill is a funny bloke, too bad we can't see that side of him any more since he's only on Fox doing stupid pre match talk.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
at least slater has the playing experience to back it up, fozzie is just a major tool. and his analysis is what any one with basic football knowledge can figure out. i think on the TWG forums someone posted an article as to how many times he used the words technical in the article. absolute tool, and i do respect slater due to his expereince in the premeirship. BTW did anyone just watch channel 10 news? tim webster, "and with the winner for liverpool from the spot, KIRK KUYT"!!! what an ass, stick to footy u moron. easily the worst non football commentator there is. even the guys on sky news give it more credit.

sk1001

HSC
Thessalonius said:
Pepe Reina, you legend. Now to replace Bolo Zenden with Harry Kewell, we'll be on our way to 6 European Cups, thanks.
Don't be silly now. Zenden has been an integral part of the Liverpool setup. They've come this far without Harry, and to throw him in there now would be a silly decision. Stop daydreaming...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Chelsea were pathetic they fair few good oppurtinities - one point blank Drogba rite in front of goal and he missed it. Anyhow typical soccer, just collaspe on the ground and then all of sudden your back up - though in general the Ref did a good job. Linesman - oh man how good are they?.. fuck eyes!!

LMF^^ said:
Nah I agree with Craig Foster, it does all depend on Kaka. Did you watch the first leg...? If you did then you'd have realised that no one in the Milan team was threatening at all except Kaka.
I doubt it would be the same case in the second leg - I am sure that Man Utd will keep more of eye on him than before. But Really i think both teams are fairly one man team - Ronaldo and Kaka. But both have very good sides - boasting players that can do anything virtually..

Whoever wins - it will be good match (hopefully). AC Milan I think have the edge.
Just wondering why does Chelsea have so many black players in their team or Liverpool has like one? I mean.. just a bit weird.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
I doubt it would be the same case in the second leg - I am sure that Man Utd will keep more of eye on him than before. But Really i think both teams are fairly one man team - Ronaldo and Kaka. But both have very good sides - boasting players that can do anything virtually..
Are you serious...? United are a one man team...? We won the game without Ronaldo at the weekend against Everton after being 2-0 down. Even after he came on, he was marked by like a few defenders most of the time, thus leaving our other players like Scholes and Giggs more room to do their things. Even young Chris Eagles went through like that. We've had like 16 or 17 different goalscorers this season, that hardly makes us a one man team.

Will a United team without Ronaldo be better than a Milan team without Kaka...? I'd definitely say yes. Other than Kaka, they don't have anyone that is dangerous in their attacks. Maybe Pirlo can swing in a wicked free kick once in a while, but Gilardino and Inzaghi are hardly dangerous, except from feeding off crumbs.

Chelsea doesn't have that many black players, Arsenal has more.

adders

HSC
My prediction was accurate as usual, it's going to be a repeat of Istanbul with the reds claiming the european cup for the 6th time.
Congrats to Milan on destroying man u in the first half, thats a very difficult thing to do and to man u fans i hope u guys do the double

6 times in athens
You'll Never Walk Alone

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
This thread has been labelled wrongly. Should say soccor instead of football. We don't live in England. We say soccor.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I have to admit that Man United were comprehensively beaten by an extremely impressive Milan side this morning. Our key players- Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, etc performed poorly but full credit must go to Milan. They played almost flawless football and Kaka and Gattusso, in particular, were outstanding.

Kaka clearly has the ability to consistently dominate games at the highest level (10 goals in his last 12 Champions League games). He has carried Milan throughout the whole tournament and definitely makes a strong case for being the best player in the world right now.

Whilst I am obviously disappointed, I know that Ferguson will have the boys ready for the derby against Man City this weekend. To win the premiership and FA Cup will still cap a remarkable season for us and so we definitely still have something to play for.

As for the final of the Champions League, im still a little bit unsure about who to support. AC Milan certainly have the ability to dominate Liverpool in the way that they smashed us this morning, but there is something about Europe that brings the best out of Liverpool...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Born2baplacebo said:
This thread has been labelled wrongly. Should say soccor instead of football. We don't live in England. We say soccor.
Firstly, its soccer and not soccor and secondly, 'soccer' is now widely recognised as 'football' in this country and therefore this thread has not been labelled incorrectly.

Go back to your gAyFL, thugby league and Union threads if you're not into football.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
You're an idiot.
There's a reason why it's now called the Football Federation Australia.

And thank God Milan won, maybe now we'll avoid a 1-0 CL final

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bazookajoe said:
You're an idiot.
There's a reason why it's now called the Football Federation Australia.

And thank God Milan won, maybe now we'll avoid a 1-0 CL final
I didnt even know 'Football Federation of Australia' - it should be called Soccer we are not Pommies!!.

Anyhow I am deeply disappointed In Man Utd clearly after the first leg- you saw how dangerous Kaka was and yet you still allow him to dominate in the second leg? what kind of tactics/coaching is that?
@matt#1
Everton are a shit team man.. wtf you going on about..

Chelsea doesn't have that many black players, Arsenal has more.
Yeah I know that Arsenal has more - but why? you have liverpool 100% white or nearly and you have Arsenal which is like 90%_ black? is this racism or something.. whites cant get along with blacks or something? Just wandering thats all - you dont see this in other leagues..

ON the FInal:
Liverpool vs AC Milan,

Well for Liverpool to beat them again - is going to be tough. Beating the same team again is always going to be harder than the first time. Simply for this reason - Ac Milan to have an edge. There is no dominant team - like the Aussie cricket team.. so purely on psychology AC Milan should be more hungry to win, but Liverpool defintely showed their hunger last time -but will they be able to do this time.

The team that wants to win more than the other team will win - nothing on tactics or strategy here -its the FINALS.

On Harry Kewell if he plays - then things arent going well for Liverpool. THe only reason he would play is if one of teammates played particularly bad or is injured.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HotShot said:
Yeah I know that Arsenal has more - but why? you have liverpool 100% white or nearly and you have Arsenal which is like 90%_ black? is this racism or something.. whites cant get along with blacks or something? Just wandering thats all - you dont see this in other leagues..
What a load. None of the top managers in England would pass up the chance to by a player who would imporve their team on the basis of their race. If anything of all the European leagues, the Premiership is the best of the lot as far as race issues go.

Looking beyond skin colour, the number of nationalities represented in the Arsenal squad is huge, and despite all the hypocrite cunts who joke about it, is one of the things I love about my club. Togans, Ivorians,Cameroonians, French, Brazilian, English or whatever. They might be black, but they weren't signed because they were black like you seem to be insinuating.

We have plenty of white players as well for your information. Problem recently has been that they've either been shit like Freddie, Aliadiere and Hleb, injured like Rosicky and van Persie, on the bench like Flamini and Senderos, or on loan like Bendtner and Connolly. Pretty much meaning that the only white players we see with regularity are Cesc and Jens. Their non-selections have nothing to do with race.

The fact that we have a white manager who is also one of the most travelled managers going around should dispell that as well. As for Liverpool, I'm not sure if Rafa doesn't like signing too many black players, but they can't be any more cunty than the likes of Bellamy.

On the Champions League, I'm praying Milan do it. No predicitons, I'll let the Scousers jinx themselves, but here's hoping. God, gloating Scousers have less class than gloating Chelsea or United fans. Revenge is a great motivator it has to be said though. It can give you a lot of focus. Unfortunately we know Liverpool are going to play a spoiling game, just hope it backfires.

Also, I hope Cuntley plays on Sunday. Seeing those turds crying at the Grove would be hilarious. Please don't fuck this up United.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)